Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:17:39 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm Drunk « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: I'm Drunk  (Read 51047 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2010, 12:23:34 AM »

Gee Hallows-PLEASE call me!
Don't mind me, I know what it is, and tonight, I am drinking.   Drink  Wink  My brother was a drunk and it killed him.  That's what I wanted to relate to everyone, so all could make informed decisions. 

My deepest condolences, friend.  May he rest in peace.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2010, 07:44:56 AM »

Does anyone here find they do something better while drunk than they do while sober  or stoned?  I can write prose better while drunk, but not so well when stoned. But I can write great poetry while stoned, but can't even start while drunk. I also can't read very well while drunk, but I love to read while stoned.

I used to build models of spaceships - Star Trek stuff, or anything sci-fi.  While they wouldn't have won any contests, I wouldn't have been embarrassed to enter them.  Anyhow, I'd sometimes work on them while fairly tipsy (about as close to drunk as I ever get).  The next morning I'd wake up and think "Oh god, I probably screwed that up terribly!"  But then I'd look at it and no - it was some of my finest work ever  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2010, 11:46:55 AM »

Does anyone here find they do something better while drunk than they do while sober  or stoned? 

I seem to play pool better when I'm drunk, but maybe it's just that my pool playing powers are less affected by alcohol than the other drunks I play against.

I could never write while stoned, but I would get a ton of great ideas (along with some abysmal ones) that I would jot down in a notebook.  When I got sober I could develop those nuggets into decent prose pieces.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »

Does anyone here find they do something better while drunk than they do while sober  or stoned?  I can write prose better while drunk, but not so well when stoned. But I can write great poetry while stoned, but can't even start while drunk. I also can't read very well while drunk, but I love to read while stoned.

Whoops. I'm up late.  Time for bed. Sorry.
I can bowl quite well when drunk.  Sober, I only get gutter balls when I'm at the lane.  Dance well too, but I think that's just a matter of I'm shy when sober so don't cut loose, but drunk I don't care. BounceGiggle

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »

I hardly talk to people unless I know them really well.  When the alcohol starts flowing, however, that's a different story.

Also, I tend to puke a lot easier when I'm drunk.  TeddyR

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2010, 10:11:44 PM »

Buzzed.  Haven't been truly drunk in over 1 yr. now.  It's great to know when to stop!   Drink

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2010, 09:56:50 PM »

Buzzed.  Haven't been truly drunk in over 1 yr. now.  It's great to know when to stop!   Drink
Wish I had that ability sir.  I've been very bad over the past few days...completely given up on sobriety of any kind...

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2010, 11:17:45 PM »

Wish I had that ability sir.  I've been very bad over the past few days...completely given up on sobriety of any kind...

Good luck.  I almost lost it when I was younger, but particularly vicious hangover cured me of overdrinking.  The negatives started to outweigh the positives.  I realized I had the ability to drink until I was happy/comfortable, but not until I yakked.  Now I can do it right.  You're still young, you can probably improve your drinking habits.  Or maybe you just need to clean up for good.  Once more, good luck.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2010, 03:00:41 AM »

Good luck.  I almost lost it when I was younger, but particularly vicious hangover cured me of overdrinking.  The negatives started to outweigh the positives.  I realized I had the ability to drink until I was happy/comfortable, but not until I yakked.  Now I can do it right.  You're still young, you can probably improve your drinking habits.  Or maybe you just need to clean up for good.  Once more, good luck.

My dad had an alcohol problem which was made worse by his illnesses and I always stay away from hard liquor because of that: a beer now and then, yes, but nothing harder than that.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2010, 03:42:37 AM »

One month of being sober! Did not think I was going to manage it at all.  Smile

Javakoala
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2010, 05:49:18 PM »

Congrats, Circus. 

I was thinking about your sobriety as I bought some whiskey today.  I figured I'd get tipsy and ask how it was going. Now I'll just get tipsy.  WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2010, 09:39:22 PM »

I used to never touch alcohol or drugs, due to my father and my wanting to be the complete opposite.  Demons have reared their heads, and unfortunately, both are very, very easily accessible to me.  Combined with some personal issues going on, I try to fight the good fight but seemingly am coming up short. 

I find myself abstaining for short bursts followed by days of binges which is the completely bad way to go about it. Bluesad

Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2010, 10:40:58 PM »

Whoops, been in the Jager again. As far as do i do things better while drunk, does being predatory count? Got really sauced last night and i never want McDonalds until I have been drinking (that should tell me there that my judgement is impaired) and wound up there last night. Never get drunk and find yourself in a McDonalds when church is letting out...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2010, 09:05:29 AM »

Never get drunk and find yourself in a McDonalds when church is letting out...

TeddyR TeddyR

Hi, SisterGrace! Come to Pretoria where the McDonalds are all a wayyy away from churches.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2010, 06:28:32 PM »

5 weeks sober down the drain. All hail the night of being tipsy!  Cheers

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm Drunk « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.