Main Menu

Scary telemarketer call

Started by akiratubo, September 14, 2009, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akiratubo

I was just contacted by a telemarketer who had my name, number (obviously), address, and last four digits of my "credit card".  They needed me to confirm the info so they could send me some vouchers for free gas.  I told them not to call again, that I didn't want their vouchers, and not to sign me up for anything.

Fortunately, the "credit card" number they had was actually for a gift card that I already used up and has expired, so I guess I'm ok as far as them stealing any money from me.  Still, it's freaky to know that someone has all my info like that.

I know where they got it, too, because I've used that card only once.  I sent the website in question an email telling them their database may be compromised.

Does it sound like all my bases are covered?
Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!

meQal

I would keep an eye on my credit report as well. With them having that much info on you, it is very possible you would become the victim of identity theft.
Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black

Mofo Rising

That's not a telemarketer, that's a full-on scammer.

Unlikely that you got any info out of them other than a phone number, if you have that. I would report it to the FTC or your state's Attorney General.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

SkullBat308

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft