Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:52 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  October/Halloween Movie Watching List « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Author Topic: October/Halloween Movie Watching List  (Read 80530 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »

Today:

The Being - a monster rampages through Pottsville, Idaho and eats a lot of people.  Meanwhile, Detective Mort Lutz lazily wanders around, looks at stuff, and addresses everyone he meets with "you son of a b***h".

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
66Crush
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2011, 12:50:31 AM »

Right now I'm watching "My Bloody Valentine (remake)." It's a good movie for halloween too.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »

PRIVATE PARTS (1972): A sexually curious teenage runaway negotiates the deviant scumbags in her crazy aunt's creaky boarding house.  Director Paul Bartel slathers on the spooky, sleazy psychosexual atmosphere in this tastefully depraved debut film.  3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2011, 09:27:12 AM »

Just realized there are two duplicate threads for posting October horror movies: it would probably be best if we all posted in this one instead: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,135832.0.html

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »

Not necessarily a movie today, but watched a marathon of the first season of the AMC tv series The Walking Dead.  Second season starts at 9:00.

Walking Dead Season 1 trailer:
Small | Large

Season 2, on tonight.
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
66Crush
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2011, 11:05:11 PM »

This week I watched:

The Ward
And Now The Darkness
An American Werewolf in London
Bloodlust Zombies
Strangeland
Cabin Fever 2
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2011, 11:24:41 PM »

Kudos to whoever recommended ATTACK THE BLOCK!!!
I just finished it, and I must say it is one of the best alien invasion movies I've seen in a long time.  I loved the slouching, impenetrably black alien beasts with their glowing blue teeth!  Even the characters, whom I was fully prepared to despise at the beginning of the film, wound up being sympathetic, believable, and REAL!
This is an OUTSTANDING film with lots of great moments!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2011, 07:39:27 AM »

Cabin Fever 2

What did you make of it?

I thought it was pretty good.

66Crush
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2011, 11:22:57 PM »

I was very confused by "Cabin Fever" but I still enjoyed it. It didn't seen to follow much of anything from the first one (except for the deputy with the pube-stache). But it had a lot of boobs and gore, and it never got boring. Story-wise it's a terrible movie, but it was so bad it was good. Since I like bad movies anyway it was a win win.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2011, 08:42:03 AM »

Agreed

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2011, 08:56:44 AM »

I watche done of the most terrifying, blood-curdling, wicked displays of sheer horror I've ever seen last night - the Rangers' Game Three performance against the Cardinals!!! Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »

Let's see.... 

Lady Frankenstein - good lead performance, just an OK movie though.
The Devil Bat - Eh, it was alright.  Not as bad as I had heard, but nothing special either.
Most Dangerous Game - pretty fun adventure flick.  Solid stuff.
MST3k Devil Fish - pretty good episode, though the film is boring.
Star Slammer - AWFUL film.  Just awful.
MST3K Touch of Satan - Also awful, the riffing is just OK on this one.
Jigoku - Interesting film, pretty impressively gory for its age.  Feels stretched out though.
Son of Frankenstein - A lot of fun, but feels a little long.
Ghost of Frankenstein - Worth a watch.  A little uneven.
The Ninth Configuration - Not really a horror film, more of a mystery.  Excellent acting, but didn't really add up for me.

My goal is to watch a horror film for every night in October, but I don't think I'm gonna make it this year.  Oh well.
Jim H

« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »

Thought this deserved a bump, first day of October in 2012!

I watched Brain Dead.  This is the 2007 movie, not the alternate title for Dead-Alive or the other film from around 2001.  It's directed by Kevin Tenney, who some may know from the first two Witchboard movies and Night of the Demons.  It's not up to those 80s classics, but I found this one entertaining.  It's a very light, but still occasionally quite gory, sci-fi zombie film.  Think Night of the Creeps in a cabin in the woods, only not that good.  I found the ***hole witty character genuinely pretty funny, and the criminal guy was pretty good.  Also, three women are topless in the first 5 minutes - no joke.  Only one of the five female cast members doesn't get naked.  VERY low budget, obviously shot in HD without any attempt at dynamic lighting and color correction. 

Anyway, it was on Netflix instant, and I give it a thumbs up.  Pretty funny, gory, well-paced and about 90 minutes.  My only major complaint is I didn't particularly care for the ending/wraparound story thing.  7/10.

My goal is to watch 31 horror films, hopefully at least one a day in October! 
Swordmaster1982
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2012, 05:10:50 AM »

Love this time of year.
Jim H

« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »

Today I watched Deadheads.  Directed by two brothers who are the children of a guy who did special effects on Evil Dead, interestingly.  Has some footage and a couple of visual references to the Evil Dead films, actually.  Decent entertaining film, it's a sort of zombie-buddy-romance hybrid.  Moderate on gore, but what's there is well-executed.  Ending is a little weak, some overacting.

6/10.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  October/Halloween Movie Watching List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.