Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:26:56 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  October/Halloween Movie Watching List « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Author Topic: October/Halloween Movie Watching List  (Read 80544 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »

Forbidden World (1982) - Roger Corman's version of Alien.  An intergalactic bounty hunter dude gets a call from a remote genetic research laboratory - they've created a nasty little creature and oh golly gee, guess what it's doing now?  This movie doesn't really come within a country mile of being scary, but there are some rather gross special effects with half-dissolved people and stuff.  The characters are pretty good, except for one guy who's always coughing his brains out, that gets pretty annoying.  The main attraction is definitely the babes who work at the lab;  oh - my - god they're awesomely hot.  Lots of nudity in this movie as well  TeddyR  Sorry, but my rating may be a wee bit biased because of that.  4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 06:53:47 AM »

claws, those lists of notable points make me giggle with delight.   BounceGiggle  I almost slipped up and gave you karma!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2010, 10:59:41 AM »

Using Claw's format:

Sea of Dust (2009)

A mythological crusader king possesses the bodies of 19th century Germans to manifest his sadistic religious ideology in this world.  An attempt to recreate a Hammer-type period atmosphere; full of terrible acting and a heavy-handed anti-religion message, but if you can make it through the first half this flick goes truly crazy and turns into one of those "dreams inside of dreams" mindbenders.  Decent gore effects.

October/Halloween score 3/5 for Exploding head, lots of bodices, finger-sucking, dagger-in-shoulder, axe blade through back of head and out front, hook through chin, dilated eyeballs on crucified Tom Savini, pitchfork through head, flagellation, surgery on a hollow Ingrid Pitt, reverse birth, spandex cat-woman urinating on torture victims, and dream sequences, dream sequences, dream sequences.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2010, 01:33:21 AM »

claws, those lists of notable points make me giggle with delight.   BounceGiggle  I almost slipped up and gave you karma!
I aim the please so, thanks  Wink
claws
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2010, 01:36:16 AM »

Horror High (1974)

Nerdy boy is harassed at school but he has his revenge by drinking a serum that turns him into a deadly human guinea pig. Fun take on 'Jeckyll & Hyde' with a groovy blaxploitation-type of Soundtrack.
October/Halloween score: 4/5 for including Mad Scientist theme, Experiments gone awry theme, evil teachers, slow motion teasing, chest-jumping with spiked shoes, acid bath sizzle, corny theme song.

The Loreley's Grasp (1974)

Nerdy but hot Eurobabes at a boarding school are harassed by a reptile-like creature that turns out to be lovely Loreley going through her annual 7-night-curse. Entertaing Horror-Fantasy set at the river Rhine in Germany.
October/Halloween score: 4/5 for including nerdy but hot eurobabes, rubber suit monster, chest ripping, pitchforks & torches, foggy river footage, local Beer & Bratwurst restaurants, swampy marsh footage, ghastly howling at night.
claws
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2010, 01:09:44 AM »

The Redeemer (1978)

Six classmates meet for the reunion but a stranger is killing them off one by one. Weird but fun proto-slasher with a few wtf moments.
October/Halloween score: 4/5 for including creepy life-like doll, trapped in old school building setting, sink-drowning, lesbian kiss, evil altar boys, blowtorch burning, fight for gun.

Spawn of the Slithis (1978)

Organic mud enhanced with radioactivity spawns a creature killing people in Venice (California). A teacher with journalistic ambitions is doing the investigations. Neat but not very exciting monster flick with a great looking monster.
October/Halloween score: 2.5/5 for including PG gore, PG boobs, fat kid running in slow motion, teenage news junkies, showdown on a boat.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »

October/Halloween score: 2.5/5 for including.... PG boobs...

What do PG boobs look like?  Are they really small?  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »

October/Halloween score: 2.5/5 for including.... PG boobs...

What do PG boobs look like?  Are they really small?  Wink

PG boobs are kinda rare. They look like normal boobs but PG boobs are only shown a few seconds  Wink
Plus these were also slightly 'obscured' with a red light.
claws
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 02:20:37 AM »

Evil Laugh (1988)

Med-students fixing up an old orphanage must face a masked killer. Cheesy Slasher ripping off Friday the 13th which comes to no surprise as the director played Joey in A New Beginning. Talk about influence!
October/Halloween score: 3.5/5 for including isolated house, cleaning & dancing sequence, fangoria magazine, golden shower, dumb blondes, dumb jocks, microwave kill, machete kill, axe kill, blood spill, ghost story at fireplace.

Twice Dead (1988)

Family moves into haunted mansion and are harassed by local Lost Boys punks. Surprisingly decent revenge-thriller that reminded me of The New Kids with a touch of the supernatural.
October/Halloween score: 4.5/5 for including Jill Whitlow, fighting at basketball court, car chase in hearse, coffin-toss, electrocution during sex, fat biker run over by own bike, ghost in mirror activity, forced suicide, memorabilia in the attic.

Primal Rage (1988)

Escaped lab-ape infects people with deadly virus turning them into zombified madmen. Fun bloodletting and above average soundtrack makes this Rambaldi family offering a keeper!
October/Halloween score: 4/5 for including Sarah Buxton, night club dance scene, halloween party massacre, Mad Scientist theme, Experiments gone awry theme, Bo Svenson with ponytail, Bo Svenson kicked in the balls, car door rip, decapitation with axe.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:17:35 AM by claws » Logged
claws
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010, 12:58:49 AM »

Slaughterhouse of the Rising Sun (2005)

After a mental breakdown an actress joins a hippie-like group hanging out in the desert. They do drugs and talk about a House at the edge of the woods that supposed to be haunted. When The Manson Family meets Let's Scare Jessica To Death - entertaining 70s horror-homage that should please House of the Devil fans as well.
October/Halloween score: 3.5/5 for including inner monologues, trippy stew, ghost story at campfire, glowing eyes, glowing spirits, disembowelling, religious hitchhiker.

Boo (2005)

Four friends decide to hang out at a spooky old sanatorium on Halloween but evil spirits are spoiling their fun. Quality 'A' Indie Horror that is sadly overlooked. Solid genre effort delivering the goodies.
October/Halloween score: 4.5/5 for including spooky old sanatorium, taking place on Halloween, exploding guts & gore, Haunted House theme, white ghosts, haunted elevator, Dee Wallace cameo, key-toss, flashbacks, pumpkin carving.
claws
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »

Vengeance of the Zombies (1973)

Woman seeks out Indian Guru for comfort while his disfigured brother is seeking out world domination with an army of undead chicks. Twisted Paul Naschy vehicle with weird soundtrack.
October/Halloween score: 3/5 for including slow motion zombies, strange nightmares, Paul Naschy as ze devil, axe kill, groovy London footage, voodoo gimmicks, undead rising from coffin, beercan (?) kill & toss.

Love Me Deadly (1973)

Young woman obsessing over her dead father finds solace by making love to dead men. Things get even more complicated when she joins a group of necrophiliacs and marries a man with the looks of her dead father. Surprisingly decent and tastefully filmed exploitation.
October/Halloween score: 4.5/5 for including multiple flashbacks, horniness at the mortuary, corny theme song, "how we met" montage, face scratching, reading obituaries, gut spill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2010, 07:17:11 AM »

Watched Forbidden World again last night, this time on Blu ray - oh yeah, the Blu ray looks MUCH better than the DVD  TeddyR  Very sharp picture, much less hazy;  a bit grainy in spots, but anyone who's seen the DVD first won't mind that a bit.  The sound was mono though.  It was a clear and strong track, but jeez...most of my VHS tapes are in surround sound.  Get with the program already!

You also get a DVD of Mutant, which is the director's cut of Forbidden World.  Haven't watched that yet though.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2010, 12:31:26 AM »

The Evil (1978)

The devil lives in the cellar of an old mansion trapping and killing a group of people with his supernatural powers. The Evil is actually The Legend of Hell House told from a different angle. Not perfect but entertaining enough.
October/Halloween score: 3.5/5 for including Haunted house theme, demonic possession, supernatural storm, animal attack, friendly ghost, electrocution, thick fog.

The Comeback (1978)

Retired pop singer is working on a new album but nightmares, ghastly moaning and a killer with a sickle puts him on the edge of sanity. Proto-Slasher with a few haunts. Pacing drags very though but overall a fun watch.
October/Halloween score: 3.5/5 for including cheesy singing in a studio, cross dressing shenanigans, creepy masked killer, elevator kill, hearty british breakfast, sex in a car.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2010, 06:54:49 AM »

Galaxy of Terror (1981) - A spaceship crew is dispatched to a remote planet to...I dunno.  I guess another ship has crashed there?  They find this giant pyramid and once they go inside, they start dying in ways that are apparently related to their own fears.  I would think it would be a good idea to stay away from the giant pyramid, since it results in so many deaths, but apparently this doesn't occur to them.  Whenever they find a body of someone from the crashed ship, they disintegrate it immediately.  They even disintegrate their own crewmates as soon as somebody dies.   Question  This is one of those movies that doesn't make a lick of sense.  I guess you're just supposed to go with it or something.  The characters are goofy - you've got Sid Haig as some sort of warrior dude who uses oversize throwing stars;  he just doesn't belong in this movie.  The captain of the spaceship is a nut who throws the thing into hyperdrive without telling anyone, then chuckles at them as they frantically try to fasten their seat belts.  The commander of the mission is a huge jerk, and then there's Mr. Hand from Fast Times at Ridgemont High;  he plays a cook who apparently is the only one who knows what the heck is going on.  Oh, and then there's Joanie from Joanie Love Chachi as some sort of psychic. 

The art direction in this movie is really excellent - the spaceship is cool looking, and the pyramid has some pretty spectacular interiors.  The sets are far better than this movie deserves as well.  Overall, a great looking movie that doesn't make any sense, and it's stupid.  3/5.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »

The Human Centipede (First Sequence) (2009)

Two travelling girls in Europe get stuck in Germany, literally. At times funny but also uncomfortable "Naziploitation" (that's how it felt to me) with authentic german speaking. I quite enjoyed this.
October/Halloween score: 4.5/5 for including Mad scientist theme, german autobahn, scalpel stabbing, cell phone-fu, sleazy german driving mercedes benz.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Nancy has nightmares about a guy named Freddy Krueger. The rest should be familiar. This remake did change things around a bit but other than that it stayed pretty close to the original. Except for dropping the goat, which has always been a favorite of mine from the original's opening nightmare. Jackie Earle Haley was good.
October/Halloween score: 4/5 for including nightmare diner, funeral vision, in-and-out of dreams & reality, throat slitting, ceiling blood fountain.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  October/Halloween Movie Watching List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.