Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:32:45 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  October/Halloween Movie Watching List « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: October/Halloween Movie Watching List  (Read 80528 times)
66Crush
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2011, 10:35:43 PM »

Here's what I've watched so far.

10/1-The Hills Have Eyes (original)
10/2-John Carpenter's Vampires
10/3-The Legend of  Hell House/ Mark of The Vampire
10/4-Son of Frankenstein/ Blood From a Mummy's Tomb

Tonight I am watching John Carpenter's picks on TCM:
The Thing From Another World
It! Terror From Beyond Space
The Curse of Frankenstein

I'd like to catch up on as many horror flicks as I can before Halloween.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:06:26 AM by 66Crush » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:11 PM »

Tonight I watched something called BOGGY CREEK: THE LEGEND IS REAL.

It was a Midnight Releasing film, but it was a cut above the cheap crap that studio was putting out for the last couple of years.  There was a decent plot, actors I came to like (especially the main girl), and monster costumes that were neither CGI nor incredibly cheap.  Throw in some pretty amazing gore effects and a smidge of nudity, and the overall effect was a fairly watchable creature feature.

However, they should have called it HUMANOIDS FROM THE SWAMP.  When you see it and get the monster's motivation, you will understand why! LOL

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2011, 07:36:47 AM »

Last night I watched "HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES".
I havent seen it in years, and up until last night, I remember it as just being "ok". But upon last nights veiwing, I found a whole new love for it.

Night before THAT, was the original "Little Shop of Horrors".

It was AWESOME. WAY better than the 80's remake. Not to say that the remake is without it's charm.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »

Tonight I watched CAESAR AND OTTO'S SUMMER CAMP MASSACRE from Brain Damage Films.

It was a truly atrocious, micro-budget horror comedy attempt that pretty much failed on both counts.  A few laugh worthy moments, but not enough to justify the $2 rental.

I'll try again tomorrow night.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
66Crush
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2011, 01:16:20 AM »

OK, right now I'm watching "Stake Land" and I'm thinking, why the hell does every vampire slayer in modern vampire movies have to be some hardend badass. It seems like it takes away the real sense of terror one might feel when a facing a vampire. I miss the old movies where people were realistic and were frightend of the monsters. Now every movie, we have some hero that acts like an A-hole and says something clever when he or she kills the monsters. This was a good thing the first few times it was done, but now it's annoying. Hollywood is out of ideas.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »

Over the past 2 days I have watched Massacre At Central High, Demon Seed and Nightmare In The Damaged Brain. All great. Oh and Switch Killer aka Trans American Killer and that is baaaaaaaaaaad, but enjoyable.

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2011, 04:29:43 PM »

Over the past 2 days I have watched Massacre At Central High, Demon Seed and Nightmare In The Damaged Brain......

Back in.....August I think.....A nearby theatre showed NIGHTMARE as a midnight screening. It was apparently the movies 20th aniversery. I dug it. Not the best movie ever, but I dug it.

So far for ME, it has been as follows:

10/1/11- Frankenstein (1932)
10/2/11- The Mummy (1933)
10/3/11- Evil Ed (1996)
10/4/11- Little Shop of Horrors (1960)
10/5/11- House of 1,000 Corpses (2002)
11/6/11- Dream House (2011).....which didn't end up being a horror movie like the trailer makes it out to be, but I let it slide cuz it had some creepy moments.

and TONIGHT (10/7/11) I'm seeing the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the same theatre I saw Nighmare.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
66Crush
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2011, 11:28:11 PM »

I watched "Vault of Horror" and "The House That Dripped Blood."
akiratubo

« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2011, 12:20:14 AM »

Today ...

The Thing - Men at an Antarctic research station encounter an alien creature and are plunged into almost indescribable horror.

Dead Space: Downfall - Some monsters get loose on board a large "planet cracker" space ship and kill lots and lots of people.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2011, 05:07:09 PM »

Today I watched Evil Dead 1 and 2. I love those movies!

66Crush
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2011, 12:23:26 AM »

Today I watched "Final Destination."
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »

I watched CHROMESKULL: LAID TO REST 2.
Pretty decent slasher but left a lot unexplained.  Over the top gory kill scenes, though!

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »

Recently watched:

1408 (2007) starring John Cusack as a disillusioned writer/skeptic who ends up finding himself trapped inside an Hellish evil haunted hotel room? Can he find a means of escape? This had some good moments but I felt it dragged too much in spots and I also found it hard to care at times about what would happen to Cusack's character. Probably would have worked better as an hour long anthology show episode. Samuel L. Jackson is here as well in little more than a bit role.

Hell Night (1981) starring Linda Blair as part of a group of young pledges who are forced to spend the night in a reportedly haunted manor as part of their hazing initiation. This one surprised me by being very suspenseful and gripping and it did make you care for its characters and rather quickly at that. It's nothing really new and some may be disappointed with the lack of nudity but it's really a fun horror film to watch on a boring night with some good scares which will likely make you jump.

The Others (2001): starring Nicole Kidman as a mother desperately trying to protect her children, who are allergic and photsensitive to light, from what may very well be ghostly intruders? But how do you stop what you can't see? This suspense thriller with elements of horror was very well done gradually building its story, getting us to care about the characters and ultimately revealing some surprising mysteries.

Also watched 4 episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" which appeared on Doctor Madblood, an Horror host from Virginia, 's show - these included "Mother May I Go Out To Swim?" featuring William Shatner as a man with a little too disturbing a closeness to his mother, "The Crystal Trench" about a woman (Patricia Owens) obsessed with finding her husband's body at the expense of her current happiness, "Victim Four" about a pair of men who try and find the woman they love and protect her from being the next victim of a serial killer nicknamed the Butcher and finally "Craig's Will" starring Dick Van Dyke and Stella Stevens as a couple who plot the demise of the family dog when it gets the fortune they expected Van Dyke's character to recieve that ultimately proves much harder than anticipated taking some turns towards unexpected fun and weirdness. Watching this felt rather like watching an anthology film with Madblood as host, it was quite fun and the stories were all entertaining with some unexpected twists and turns, which you expect from a show with Hitchcock's name, and some great actors involved.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
66Crush
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2011, 10:30:30 PM »

I had to go the new release route today and watch "Scream 4." Tomarrow I'll get back to some classics.
akiratubo

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2011, 12:47:50 AM »

Today I watched:

Jaws - a large shark eats a few people, threatening economic collapse for Amity Island, which relies on tourist dollars ...

Jaws 2 - a large shark sadly fails to eat a group of annoying teenagers, though it does manage to wreck a helicopter ...

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  October/Halloween Movie Watching List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.