Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:39:28 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Black and white Horror film « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Black and white Horror film  (Read 2904 times)
Bwallace617
New Visitor

« on: September 16, 2009, 02:08:34 PM »

Hi,
I'm doing a bit of work for an amature theatre group in London and we are putting together a spook bit of theatre. I'm looking to build one of those classic set pieces you always see in old B movies were someone walks into a ghostly house and the painting on the wall is a terrifying portrait of some gentleman etc that lights up very dramatically and frighteningly during a clap of thunder. And at some stage someone peers through the eyes from the back of the painting, and fire places and bookshelves that mysteriously open and close, that sort of thing.

I remember years ago seeing a film, not sure if it was abott and Costello or Morcambe and wise or perhaps Bob hope and Bing Crosby, definetly a comedy duo I think and black and white, maybe to early for Morc and Wise, but the pair came upon a haunted house and going in saw a large victorian picture hanging from the wall or on going up the stairs.  A crack of thunder took place and the intimidating portrait of a man loomed frighteningly over them. One of the due made some joke I think about the portrait being a member of the family that lived at the house. I'd very much like to know what this film was or any other film that you may think might be suitable as refernece material and contains these kind of classic set horror pieces, weather it is a comedy or something meant to be more seriously frightening do let me know as I just wish to see what sort of atmosphere and effect they manage to create. Such material would certainly help to create such a timless 'horror' classic that the audiance would automatically recognise.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and if you have any info on were such films can be obtained please do let me know.

Thanks for your help.

B Wallace
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »

Try "What A Carve Up" with Sid James and Kenneth Connor from the "Carry On" Films.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056285/

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 06:54:21 AM »

I'll  bet dollars   to  donuts JJ  is right!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Black and white Horror film « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.