Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:14:07 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ghosts,demons, spirits. do you believe in them and do the scare you? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ghosts,demons, spirits. do you believe in them and do the scare you?  (Read 8105 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 20, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »

i thought about this after i posted the bigfoot thread. ghosts. they  creep me out. i think its the idea that scares me, or the idea of a spirit that wants to do you harm. maybe its because they could be anywhere at anytime. i try not to think about them or believe in them. i wonder why ghosts are scary? theyre just people, or at least they used to be. they might be p**sed off or sad or whatever. ive had a couple of experiences and been in a couple of places that ill never forget. thoughts? opinions?

exterminate all rational thought.....
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »

I have a fascination with both real-life ghost stories and fictional ones. I would like to believe it's true and to have an actual experience. But I've never had anything close to an experience that didn't have a simpler explanation.

I guess my standpoint is that I think it would be pretty cool if it were true, and that if I ever did actually have a ghost experience I hope I'd keep my wits about me. But I guess I mostly don't believe they're true.

One thing that bugs me on "ghost hunter" websites. You see a lot of claims of ghost photos, and then you see pictures of "orbs". I'm sorry, "orbs" are nothing. Dust. Bugs. Camera reflections. It always irritates me to follow a "ghost photo" link and read breathless accounts of orbs.
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »

I believe in them. We had more than a few odd/scary things happen at our old house. I took a picture of my sons room and once I got it developed there were faces on the wall. It scared some of my neighbors so bad they refused to come back in my house.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:18:48 PM »

As a person of fairly orthodox Christian faith, I believe the souls of the dead go to either heaven or hell.  Period.  I do believe that intense emotions can sometimes leave "psychic echoes" that sensitive individuals could pick up, and mistake for hauntings.  I also believe in demons, which can easily impersonate the souls of the departed in order to manipulate and deceive mankind.

I also think the "Ghost Whisperer" is one of the most beautiful characters on television.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 02:34:15 PM »

Gallery 5 was Richmond's first fire house & police station.

No ghost stories (yet), but let owner Tom Robinson get started, & he'll tell you some stories about the place.

It still has the original window, where a condemned man once took his diamond ring & cut circles in the glass.

What gets me, is that the downstairs toilet is right underneath where the gallows used to be, with the trap door still in the ceiling... And I've always had a very weak bladder.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 04:57:32 PM »

When I was younger and living in a small town in Oklahoma, out of nothing but boredom, some friends and I used to go out at night and explore old areas, looking for evidence of the supernatural. All of the places that locals considered "haunted", just didn't pan out. There were a couple of really odd things that happened, but I couldn't say that it was supernatural or paranormal based on noises or feelings or a darkness in the sky. But...a friend of mine and I had something happen where we witnessed something for about 20 seconds or so, that travelled inches from us that I can't explain, but I believe science probably can!

I've also slept a great night's sleep in ghost towns here in the south west that from reliable stories from people I trust; well, I shouldn't have been there after sundown!

I think I'm a paranormal void....
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 06:54:53 PM »

I went on a Ghost tour here in Cleveland.  I took some pictures that seem to show some "orbs".  Really interesting stuff.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »

I don't think there's a supernatural, but there is the preternatural, meaning occurrences that are natural in origin which we don't yet understand. In the face of a mystery people create myths to explain them, and have throughout time. I wouldn't mind seeing Sylvia Brown tarred and feathered and think her ilk are shameless cons. I also think tall tales, fibs, jumping to conclusions and a fifteenth can of beer chugged while partying down by the old abandoned house at 1 AM explain the origins of most ghost stories people tell.

All that said, I'd be in denial if I didn't acknowledge that in my own life I have had experiences that defied logical explanation. I think most people have had those sorts of moments.

This is a good topic, by the way.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 07:32:35 AM »

I don't think there's a supernatural, but there is the preternatural, meaning occurrences that are natural in origin which we don't yet understand.

I guess that's about the way I feel too.  It's no fun to believe that there's nothing going on in our day-to-day lives that we don't already fully understand.  It's much more interesting to think there's at least a tiny amount of mysterious stuff going on.  Though attributing it to demons and ghosts doesn't seem very logical, at least not in the scientific sense. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 10:38:41 AM »

Since my Dad passed on in 2008, I have felt a presence in my bedroom almost every night. The strongest feeling that he was there happened in Cape Town in March this year - that was his home town.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »

Of course ghosts exist!

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 11:02:37 AM »

I don't believe in them and therefore they don't scare me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:39:26 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »

I don't believe in them.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »

I believe in ghosts, demons and spirits (Especially after having a little encounter with ghosts in past).  I am a person who believes in lots of supernatural stuff and I have no shame in saying it.

I also believe in aliens, but that is a whole another topic.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 08:57:12 PM »

No, I don't believe in them.  That's one reason why I like to watch movies with those kinds of supernatural creatures in them, though; in order to have the pleasure of suspending disbelief.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ghosts,demons, spirits. do you believe in them and do the scare you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.