Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:40 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ghosts,demons, spirits. do you believe in them and do the scare you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ghosts,demons, spirits. do you believe in them and do the scare you?  (Read 8106 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 09:31:59 PM »

...I also think the "Ghost Whisperer" is one of the most beautiful characters on television.
I was about to cut you some way slack...  Wink but "Ghost Whisperer"??   BounceGiggle  Lookingup My favorite chick show to make fun of. TongueOut

I can say that I've had a couple of strangely inexplicable experiences, and my father had quite a few, but I'm not afraid of ghosts... I will believe in, and be afraid of, anything I'm compelled to, but haven't yet been.   Wink

I do enjoy "true ghost stories" (Weird NJ does a good job with a bedraggled subject matter) and I have quite a lot of old fictional ghost stories in many collections.  I really enjoy a good ghost story. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 09:52:15 PM »

Now, Now, AH -

I didn't say I LIKED the show.  It's just that Jennifer Love Hewitt carbonates my hormones.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »

No, I don't believe in them.  That's one reason why I like to watch movies with those kinds of supernatural creatures in them, though; in order to have the pleasure of suspending disbelief.

Yeah me too.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 11:24:03 PM »

Now, Now, AH -

I didn't say I LIKED the show.  It's just that Jennifer Love Hewitt carbonates my hormones.
What is it?  Her big ass?   Wink  TongueOut

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 06:12:57 AM »

How crude thou art!!!!  Hatred BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 09:33:44 AM »

My kid believes our house is haunted, by the way. One time she was home and says she heard voices upstairs having a conversation. She assumed it was her sister and some friends and didn't think anything of it. Then her sister called and she realized she was alone in the house. Needless to say, she went screaming outside and refused to go home alone for the rest of the night.

I think there are other explanations (we get a lot of conversations and noise from the parking lot right outside our window) but she's convinced.

I don't think so, but I find I'm reluctant to test the hypothesis. I'm fascinated with electronic voice recordings (EVP) for instance, but I'm not interested in seeing if I'd pick one up in my own house. I don't think I want to know.

EVP's are really creepy, if you believe they are what they claim to be. Some of them just sound like noise, but some are very clear.
http://theshadowlands.net/ghostwav.htm

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 12:23:56 PM »

I don't believe in them and therefore they don't scare me.

Same here.

Atmosphere can scare me, though. Ever been a buidling that really creeped you out ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 09:13:04 PM »

Yes, but I got you to laugh!   Smile ...and I was right, too, ...chunky bum?  Twirling 

Now if faced with a demon, depending upon apparent threat, I might be frightened.  Eh, but spirits I'm well acquainted with.   Drink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 06:15:03 AM »

Yes, but I got you to laugh!   Smile ...and I was right, too, ...chunky bum?  Twirling 

Now if faced with a demon, depending upon apparent threat, I might be frightened.  Eh, but spirits I'm well acquainted with.   Drink

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I dunno...I've had some REAL weird experiances....but scared? Nah! REAL life scares me.... Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 06:42:31 AM »

I do believe in them but I don't believe all claims of hauntings are legit. I have encountered a few that tells me that something is happening were a haunting. However I feel most have explainable causes that people don't want to look for because they like the idea of being haunted. Two that I have yet to find an explanation for that I have personally encountered are a free floating apparition that I saw in a house and something that would bang on the door of a house the same time every night.
The banging on door I tried to solve thinking it was just someone being a jerk. The problem with that was, there was not anyone. I staked out the door, snuck out the other door to go around the house and never found anyone. Also the time it started was the same every night. There was no variation to when it started or stopped. What I do know is we moved out of that house with in a month after it started. I never tried to figure out what caused me to see the free floating apparition. I do know it wasn't an hallucination and don't really want to know what it was, just hope to never see something like that again.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ghosts,demons, spirits. do you believe in them and do the scare you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.