Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:31:23 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Whoops! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whoops!  (Read 5116 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: September 21, 2009, 06:43:28 PM »

Have you ever had a major brain fart and did something totally stupid?
Of course you have!

Earlier today, I stopped at the gas station to get gas.
I usually pay at the pump by swiping my debit card, but I was thirsty and decided to go inside and get a soda.
I put the soda on the counter and told the clerk, "I need to pre-pay $10 on pump #3 and this soda please."

I paid for the gas and soda, then went back to my car, got in it, and took off.

About a few miles down the road, I realized that I had forgot to pump the gas!
I turned around and went back to the station.
There was no car at pump #3 and I thought, "Cool!  I can still pump my gas."
Nope.
Someone had put it in their car and took off before I got there.   Bluesad

Ever had a "Whoops!" moment?
What happened?

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:29:59 PM »

After using a homeless guy's flashlight to try and get my brother-in-law's car started, I gave the guy $6 because I ran his batteries down. Turns out I didn't give him a $1 and a $5, but rather a $1 and a $50. oops.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »

Rushing home on the Garden State Parkway one friday afternoon, I handed the clerk at the first toll plaza a $20 bill for a roll of tokens ($10).  She handed me the roll of tokens, and I drove off.   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »

Feels like my life is one big brain fart...... Bluesad

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:44:23 AM »

I got on the bus home from work (takes about 45mins), got off at my stop then realised I had left my housekeys under my desk! I only had 40 pence on me, which was luckily enough for a phonebooth and had to ring my boss at work. He arrived about an hour later with my keys after I had stood out in the worst rain I'd ever known.

I also jump out of bed some Sunday mornings at 6am in a panic, get in the shower, only to realise it is Sunday and I'm not at work.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 07:46:27 AM »

There was the time I was driving down the road and noticed, for the first time, that my car had map lights.  So of course I had to turn them on.  It was broad daylight so I guess it didn't occur to me to turn them off.  The next morning the battery was stone dead.  So we went and got a new one and I installed it.  Then I'm sitting around in the house about 8 hours later, and it occurs to me that, hey, I never did turn that damned light off.  The new battery was already half dead.

And then there's the 875 times I've walked into the kitchen to get something, and had absolutely no idea what I wanted once I got there.  The other day I was looking in the refrigerator for a garbage bag.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:24 AM »

I was the beneficiary of a brain fart once.  I worked in a video rental store and we were running out of $1 bills.  So I went to the bank to get a pack of them.  The teller gave me a pack of fives instead of ones, but I didn't notice until I was in my car.  Instead of being a good samaritan, I drove to another bank, got the $1 bills I needed, and kept whatever was left over from the packs of $5s.  I could go to hell for this, but I'm Catholic.  So I'll just go to confession and wipe the slate clean.   TeddyR

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »

Sunday I was cooking two big meals.  Spent a long time checking on ingredients and writing them down.  Left immediately afterward for the grocery store.  Got there, went inside, and realized I had left my list back at home.

This probably happens to me about 1 out of 12 times I got to the grocery store.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »

Well, sometimes I'll kind of zoom out while driving and then realize I'm not sure what road I'm on and I'll have to wait for an intersection to find out. Two examples where this caused a screw up:

One time when I was living in the Washington, DC area I was on my way to a meeting in Baltimore. I get on the highway (Rte 95) and I'm tooling along, thinking I'm in plenty of time for my meeting. And suddenly I'm looking at the Washington Beltway. I got onto the southbound side instead of the north, and never knew it till I hit DC. Despite the fact that I was driving to Baltimore 3-4 times a week at that time.

I didn't make my meeting on time.

More recently, same area. I was driving through Baltimore on my way to Annapolis. Baltimore, DC and Annapolis make a triangle. I knew darned well that I wanted to take 97 out of Baltimore since that's the short leg of the triangle. So I carefully watched the signs. After awhile, about the time I should have hit Annapolis, I'm thinking the road doesn't look like I remember 97 to look. And while I'm still puzzling this, suddenly I hit... the Washington Beltway. I was on 95, not 97. And I realized my mistake at exactly the same time as the earlier story, which was years ago.

I still can't figure out how I did that. I know 97 pretty well, I've driven that route before.

I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of evil vortex associated with that section of 95 south that keeps pulling me in.
hellbilly
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »

About two years ago my father drove me downtown because I needed to get money from my bank. After getting the cash I was counting the bills while walking, and took a quick glance at what I assumed was our car still parking at the entrance. I open the door, sit down and start babbling. A few moments later I realized that it wasn't our car. I turn around and there was a girl, 8 or 9 years old, sitting in the back seat staring at me with big eyes. I mumble an apology and got out of the car as quick as I could. I'm pretty sure I've traumatized the poor kid  BounceGiggle

When I bought my Blu-ray player a few weeks ago my nephew and I hooked up the player so we could test a few Blu-ray discs. I pop in The Last House on the Left remake and we get a Error message. I try again and again but we still get the error message. So we re-read the booklet and checked the connections but still, error message. After ten more minutes of unsuccessfully trying to play the movie I decided to take a closer look at the disc. Turns out it was the also included Digital Copy of the film ...
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »

I just had one with my telephone. My eldest daughter called needing me to pick her up after classes and I didn't recognize the telephone number. I told her, sorry but you have the wrong number then hung up. She called back and I did it again. It was only after the third call that it dawned on me who it was calling. She's gonna be ticked off when she gets home.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 11:29:51 AM »

90% of the time whenever my wife asks me to do anything on the way home.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
3mnkids

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 01:11:36 PM »

All the time. My husband calls them my Duh moments.  Lookingup  The worst one would be losing my wallet while grocery shopping. I guess I left it in the cart while I was putting kids and groceries in the van and just forgot it.

It had everything you would expect in it. My DL, SS cards for me and the kids( I have learned my lesson and those stay at home in the safe), pictures, Bank card...It was awful. I never did get it back and it was a huge hassle canceling everything, getting new SS cards.

After that I started carrying a purse because I thought it would be harder to put down and forget. I was wrong, A few weeks later I set it on the floor so I could get a bunch of notebooks for school and just left it there. Luckily a young guy found it and turned it in to customer service. yes, im an idiot.  TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »

I called the wrong number... twice in a row.

I called, someone answers.  "Mom?"  I ask.  Pause.  On the other end, "I think you have the wrong number."
I apologize and hang up.  I try dialing again, and when the same exact lady answers I swore, then she just hung up on me.  Then I realized that, on the piece of paper the number was written on, it was a 1, not a 7.....   Bluesad
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 08:31:16 PM »

I called the wrong number... twice in a row.

I called, someone answers.  "Mom?"  I ask.  Pause.  On the other end, "I think you have the wrong number."
I apologize and hang up.  I try dialing again, and when the same exact lady answers I swore, then she just hung up on me.  Then I realized that, on the piece of paper the number was written on, it was a 1, not a 7.....   Bluesad

I once had this guy from jail who kept calling me....once a day....thinking that I was his buddy who could  come bail him out.  He was so mad because I kept telling him he had the wrong number.  Then he would call again the next day and we would have the same argument.  I was about ready to call the jail and tell them to not let him call me anymore but he finally stopped. 

Then there was this time some old woman called and left a message on my machine thinking I was someone else.  She was talking about how she wasn't feeling welll and wanted me to call or stop by to check up on her.  She didn't leave her name or number because apparently she thought she got the right number.  I can only imagine she died and they have yet to discover the body.  My wife and I kept that message on the answering machine for a long time.  It was kind of sadistic, but it was soooo funny.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Whoops! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.