Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:46:17 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What was your first taste of ALCOHOL? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What was your first taste of ALCOHOL?  (Read 10234 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »

I am extremely tempted by the world of boozing though

Gooble Gobble, Gooble Gobble, one of us, one of us!

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 04:27:34 PM »

RC -- my friend -- you break all of our hearts with posts like this.  Particularly the part about self-loathing.  I can only imagine how you suffer from the addiction itself; beating yourself up on top of it is just too much to bear. 

I won't pretend to have advice for you on how to cope with this, but if you could see yourself as we see you, you wouldn't be filled with self-hatred.  You have no illusions, and your brutal honesty, passion for movies, and good heart shines through in all of your posts.  My heart goes out to you, as I'm sure everyone's does.  Take it easy on yourself.   

+1 RC, the Rev has it right. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »

Thank you all for the good words. I'm sober tonite! On a Friday yet!  Thumbup
My kids are at their Mama's this weekend-instead of boozing it up-I'm frying a steak with onions and some taters. Gonna kick back and watch an old classic Universal horror film.SON OF FRANKENSTEIN,I think.   Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Raffine

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »

My kids are at their Mama's this weekend-instead of boozing it up-I'm frying a steak with onions and some taters. Gonna kick back and watch an old classic Universal horror film.SON OF FRANKENSTEIN,I think.   Smile

A good steak and a GREAT Bela performance.

Sounds like a terrific night!

Thumbup

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »

HALLELUJAH!  I have cured him!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Paquita

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »

Aw don't worry, I'm not going to start drinking!  Every time I have a little my mouth feels numb and it freaks me out too much to have any more. 

However, I have always wanted to get one of those giant nebuchadnezzar sized wine bottles and carry it out at a party and offer wine to people and awkwardly try to pour it into tiny glasses.

RC -  Bluesad - don't be sad.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2009, 02:22:18 AM »

I believe I was 16 when I got drunk on some peppermint schnapps, and I had a lot of fun. The next day, I drank a big glass of Jim Beam and ended up puking drunk all over my friends house.

Since then I have been every level of drunk at one time or another, as well as skirting the edge of what RCMerchant is talking about. I've had fun nights, and other nights where I've woken up the next day to have to apologize for coating a friend's cars in vomit.

Alcohol, in and of itself, is nothing to be frightened of, but like any other vice it can sneak up on you. I fully understand where RC is coming from. Hard to explain unless you've been there yourself.

My solution is to keep myself so busy I don't have the option to drink, and I keep myself very busy. I very much enjoy being drunk, but I can very rarely fit it in my schedule. Not so glamorous, but there you go.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Cthulhu

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 03:21:45 AM »

Great to hear that. Smile Thumbup
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 05:28:24 AM »

My early teens, my dad had cans of PBR here and there on the pantry shelves.  They ended up mysteriously disappearing.   Smile  Didn't get wasted on alcohol till my twenties.  Don't really drink much at all anymore.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 07:22:41 AM »

Excellent! Try and carry that on, if you can do it one night, you can do two nights.  Thumbup

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »

My dad would give me sips of beer I think starting when I was 4.  It tasted awful but I felt like a badass getting sips of beer.  I've never had more than a couple sips since and I've never been drunk.  I am extremely tempted by the world of boozing though - so many colors, so many flavors! So many fun shaped containers!!  It's like there's a crazy carnival of liqour out there begging me to come and play!!!!!

For starters, try some MD 20/20, it's usually on the bottom shelf of the cheap wine section.

Paquita, you're smart enough to recognize this on your own, but just in case you have a brain fart... do NOT follow ghouck's advice, it's a trap.  (You should never follow the advice of anyone who can't spell "ghoul" correctly). 

I was just trying to make sure she'd never do it a second time.  TeddyR

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What was your first taste of ALCOHOL? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.