Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:00:38 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BAD MOVIES THAT DON'T GET MENTIONED ENOUGH « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BAD MOVIES THAT DON'T GET MENTIONED ENOUGH  (Read 3161 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 24, 2009, 08:56:22 AM »

Yeah, we all know about PLAN 9, ROBOT MONSTER, THE GIANT CLAW, MANOS, and many other classic bad movies that are on most people's top 10 worst lists.  But there are definitely some bad movies out there that don't get mentioned enough.  Maybe because they are so bad that they aren't even fun to watch.  Here are a few that come to mind:

* UP THE ACADEMY (aka MAD MAGAZINE PRESENTS UP THE ACADEMY) - This movie is so bad that Mad Magazine disowned it.  I remember Mad Magazine actually poking fun at itself for having its name attached to this movie.  There's an old issue of Mad where they say something about how they should have made sure the movie wasn't going to be a total stinker before getting involved with it.  At least they can poke fun at their own mistakes.

* WIRED - This is the movie based on the book by Bob Woodward about the life and death of John Belushi.  The movie was universally panned and disappeared very quickly from theaters.  Then the videocassette sat on the shelves of rental stores gathering dust.  I rented it and I actually had a dull headache by the end.

* DOC SAVAGE: THE MAN OF BRONZE - George Pal tried to bring 1930s and 40s pulp hero Doc Savage to the big screen.  The result is a campy, childish mess that didn't get much of a theatrical release.  I have the entire collection of paperbacks and they are really cheesy.  But at least they're fun to read.  Below are the opening credits and theme song.  Below that is a painful speech by Doc (Ron Ely).  Apparently, the entire movie is available on Youtube in 14 parts.  Yeesh.

Small | Large

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:59:59 AM »

Ha!  Doc Savage.  When I was in college a professor of mine was putting together a radio theater group and he used the old radio scripts from Doc Savage.  Classic cheesy stuff and unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the films. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:02:21 AM »

Ha!  Doc Savage.  When I was in college a professor of mine was putting together a radio theater group and he used the old radio scripts from Doc Savage.  Classic cheesy stuff and unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the films. 

Sadly, as stupid and boring as this movie is, I'll be first in line when they release it on DVD.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »

Sadly, as stupid and boring as this movie is, I'll be first in line when they release it on DVD.

We talk about re-makes. This is one film that might look good re-made. I agree with everyone else's comments on this film. George Pal is one of my favorite filmmakers. Indeed, there isn't one of his films that I dislike, with one exception. This is the exception.

I can also remember how popular the series of books was. I couldn't get into the series myself, but I had a college roommate who not only had the whole series, but had read everyone of 'em as well.
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:54:48 PM »

* UP THE ACADEMY (aka MAD MAGAZINE PRESENTS UP THE ACADEMY) - This movie is so bad that Mad Magazine disowned it.  I remember Mad Magazine actually poking fun at itself for having its name attached to this movie.  There's an old issue of Mad where they say something about how they should have made sure the movie wasn't going to be a total stinker before getting involved with it.  At least they can poke fun at their own mistakes.

They even had an unfinished satire of it in one issue called THROW UP THE ACADEMY. After a couple of pages there were notes from the artist and writer refusing to work on it because it was beneath their already low standards. It was listed under the "What, Me Sorry!" Dept.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Raffine

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »

SLAPSTICK (OF ANOTHER KIND), starring Madeline Kahn and Jerry Lewis - and based on a Kurt Vonnegut novel - is about the worst movie you never saw.  Hi ho.

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS, starring Bruce Willis (among others) and based on another Vonnegut novel is even worse!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 07:51:50 PM »

ISHTAR
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »

SHADOW  OF THE  HAWK
Saw it  on aa  double  bill with the eqqually  obscure NIGHTWATCH.
Kinda an American Indian  version  of  BURN WITCH,BURN.
And Jan Micheal Vincent!!!

Im amazed   youtube had  a  clip!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 10:36:35 PM »

THE LOST EMPIRE.

One of my favorite B-movies of all time.

"I hate robot spiders!!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Cthulhu

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 04:00:05 AM »

SLAPSTICK (OF ANOTHER KIND), starring Madeline Kahn and Jerry Lewis - and based on a Kurt Vonnegut novel - is about the worst movie you never saw.  Hi ho.

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS, starring Bruce Willis (among others) and based on another Vonnegut novel is even worse!

Breakfast of chamipions can not be worse than Slapstick! It was horrible! The mangled twisted bodies everywhere! So much blood! All the children crying...
Ah, the humanity! MAKE IT STOP!!

....so yeah, it was pretty bad.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 09:13:15 AM »

there's a bunch of christian movies by this company called Christiano that are waiting to be discovered

Small | Large
Pilgermann

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 11:37:44 AM »

there's a bunch of christian movies by this company called Christiano that are waiting to be discovered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEbb4I_YVes

Oh dear, I watched all 10 minutes.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 12:53:15 PM »

pilgerman-  they are like a family of serial killers.  I think pamela is pretty hot actually.  it's  a fun movie despite hacing the worst soundtrack ever.  worse than "mesa of lost women"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BAD MOVIES THAT DON'T GET MENTIONED ENOUGH « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.