Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:12:02 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Incognito Cinema Warriors XP « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Incognito Cinema Warriors XP  (Read 3884 times)
Henry88
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 21, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »

http://www.icwxp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/icwxp

oh  i forgot  they have a facebook thing too

http://www.02.01.snc1.facebook.com/pages/Incognito-Cinema-Warriors-XP-ICWXP/71015105856

not sure were this should  be posted at
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:44:17 PM by Henry88 » Logged

Henry88
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »

the next episode is Memorial Valley Massacre

http://movielab.tv/memorial-valley-massacre,7752.html

should be good

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »

I watched part of one episode of this when it came out and just wasn't impressed.  It was a clever enough way to rip off MST3K, making the scenario being trapped by a zombie apocalypse instead of being stranded in space, but it just wasn't funny enough and even if the jokes have improved since the first episodes it will always look like nothing but a blatant rip-off to me.  I still have plenty of original MST3Ks I haven't seen yet.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Henry88
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »

I watched part of one episode of this when it came out and just wasn't impressed.

they are re doing ep 1 with new jokes  because they did not  think  it was very good ether.

Henry88
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 06:23:34 PM »

and it is back from the dead with six new episodes coming down the pipe.

and this show has the endorsement of mike and the others(i think) and also

i my self have gotten involved with group by finding movies for the them
at last count there is around 54 pages of movies on there forum.

http://www.icwxp.com/NewHome.html

http://www.forum-icwxp.com/

OrtegaVsTorgo
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »

...but it just wasn't funny enough and even if the jokes have improved since the first episodes it will always look like nothing but a blatant rip-off to me. 

So?  The creators themselves joke about the fact the show is a blatant rip-off that's just an elaborate excuse to do character-driven movie riffing.  Mike Nelson himself has publicly said he thinks they are awesome.  Do you not watch TV sitcoms because they use a similar formula to another show?  I honestly don't know why anyone cares about that stuff.

If you don't think the show is funny, you can't judge off "part of one episode" - I assume their first.  It was slapped together as a film-assignment for college.  Early MST3K is very unfunny in my opinion and even late season MST3K had its dud episodes. 

I highly recommend you check out their new offering on iRiffs.  It's hilarious and very well done. 

If you still don't think they're funny after that, then it's just personal taste and we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »

...but it just wasn't funny enough and even if the jokes have improved since the first episodes it will always look like nothing but a blatant rip-off to me. 

So?  The creators themselves joke about the fact the show is a blatant rip-off that's just an elaborate excuse to do character-driven movie riffing.  Mike Nelson himself has publicly said he thinks they are awesome.  Do you not watch TV sitcoms because they use a similar formula to another show?  I honestly don't know why anyone cares about that stuff.

If you don't think the show is funny, you can't judge off "part of one episode" - I assume their first.  It was slapped together as a film-assignment for college.  Early MST3K is very unfunny in my opinion and even late season MST3K had its dud episodes. 

I highly recommend you check out their new offering on iRiffs.  It's hilarious and very well done. 

If you still don't think they're funny after that, then it's just personal taste and we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

I didn't think the first episode was worth watching but I'm sure it has improved with practice.  MST3K's first episode sucked, I'm sure.  I don't mean to dissuade anyone from giving it a try if they're intrigued by the description; just watch one of the newer episodes first.  I wish I had time to check out everything someone recommended on the Internet, but I don't.   Good luck with the show. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Henry88
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 05:53:55 PM »

In the past three years, Incognito Cinema Warriors XP has gone from a fan film to a series with a respectable fanbase of its own. The film-mockery series was started when Rikk Wolf and a couple of friends decided that their comments were funnier than the average film riffs, and they put together a movie that was part original concept (man trapped in a movie theater surrounded by rampaging zombies), as well as part homage (the man and robots making-fun-of-movies concept from Mystery Science Theater 3000, aka MST3K).

Wolf and the rest of the crew at AgonyWolf Media are in the midst of production on the next six episodes of Incognito Cinema Warriors XP, but he was kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to speak with us by phone from the studios in Plattsburg, Missouri.

The Pitch: How have you not gotten sued?

Rikk Wolf: It's a different name. The shadows we overlay on the movies don't resemble MST3K's at all. That seems to be enough. We've never gotten any kind of cease-and-desist message or anything like that. They don't seem to have any kind of problem with us. Michael J. Nelson, who does Rifftrax -- our stuff's available on his website. He was actually kind enough to give us a shining little blurb. That was an interesting moment for me, because we just did this first one as a way to get some film chops. We just kind of did it for fun, and to have that happen was kind of a dream come true.

How has the audience grown with each episode?

It seems to have doubled, if not tripled, with each one we've put out. Every time we put one out, it seems to get circulated more heavily -- probably a factor of every time we put one out, there's a bigger catalog to discover, and people see there's more to watch and show their friends. Each time we do an episode, there's a little gap between 'em, and my producing chops get a little better, so each one is at least 100 percent better than the last one.

Where do you find the movies? Are they all public domain?

Yes, they all are. We look on a site called Archive.org. Just tons of movies that nobody cares about. We actually have a fan who has spent the last three years bombarding our message board with film suggestions. It's almost gotten to the point where we don't even have to go to Archive.org. We just go look at the section of the forum that that guy posts in.

Does he sum up things for you?

No, he just embeds it right there in the page, and we can take a look at it right there. We're actually considering one that he suggested, called It Came From Beyond Space, for the next full-length. These next six episodes are going to be riffing short films, and then we're going to do a full-length like we have done in the past, to be kind of a season finale.

What do you look for in what you're going to riff on?

For me, sort of just outright goofiness. I enjoy bad films that have a character that seems to have a ridiculous premise or costume that you can tell the actor is taking seriously. It creates some very funny unintentional humor. I have gotten into trouble in the past. This last film we did, Werewolf in a Girl's Dormitory, I just picked it because the title seemed wacky, without viewing the entire film. It is a flatline movie.

There's just so little happening in it, we're going to avoid films like that in the future. That was a fan suggestion, too. They're mostly fan suggestions at this point. As far as bad cinema is concerned, we try and look for the "good" bad movies, if that makes any sense. Bad monsters, silly monsters -- things like that. And, of course, bad acting. That's the best. You can't ask for more than that in a bad movie.

Famously, the guys at Best Brains and MST3K have said that if they could've, they would've riffed Highlander 2: the Quickening. What movie would you do if money was no object?

We're trying -- and probably not succeeding, unfortunately -- to do Gor. It's actually a prequel to a film that MST3K did called Outlaw of Gor. It's not looking so good on that, but it's a great bad movie. It's not really a mainstream film, by any means, like Highlander 2 was. But if I had to pick something? There's such a catalog to pick from. Probably one of the Resident Evil films. I have a particular distaste for the second one that came out. I thought that movie was a catastrophic failure from just about every standpoint. Probably Resident Evil: Apocalypse for a big, big budget movie.

Have there been any live screenings of the episodes?

There's going to be a screening of (I believe) episodes three and four at this year's Gencon. Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend, but that's going to be the first live screening. Hopefully, there's a video camera there, and we can see some reactions. We're planning on being at Jim Kilroy's Rock and Comicon at the Uptown Theater on May 21, with a booth, and have the puppets there. We're not going to be riffing a film. We don't have plans to do that at the moment, but you never know.

What is your projected release date for episode five?

We're hoping -- and every time we've projected a release date, some wrench has gotten thrown into the works, but we're hoping -- for fourth quarter this year. Our goal is to get all six of the next ones shot, and then start releasing them. But if time's gone by, and we've only gotten three shot, we'll probably release the first one, just to get the ball rolling. Hopefully, towards the end of this year, we'll start putting them up.

http://blogs.pitch.com/wayward/2011/03/rikk_wolf_on_incognito_cinema_warriors_xp.php

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Incognito Cinema Warriors XP « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.