Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:10:34 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Amazon is ticking me off « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amazon is ticking me off  (Read 13342 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 25, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »

I ordered a dvd and when I received I tried to leave feedback but couldn't find the order in my account. So I went in my email to look for the order confirmation email and found an email saying the order had been canceled. uh, then why did I receive it?

So I checked my account and the money was back, I have called Amazon twice now telling them that I did receive the movie and the seller needed to be paid. They keep reassuring me that the seller will get paid but it hasn't happened yet.

I emailed the seller as well but haven't heard back and its been a few weeks. what am I supposed to do? I cant even watch the damn movie because it feels like I stole it.   Bluesad

I order on average 4 movies a month from Amazon and have never had a problem before. I dont know what to do. Any advice?

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »

Stop feeling guilty and watch it. INTENT, your INTENT is/was to purchase it, and it WILL get straightened out, but in the meantime, watch it. There comes a point where you've done everything you can, and need to move on. If a year goes by and it doesn't get straightened out, drop the money you intended to spend on it on the plate of your favorite charity and enjoy a clear conscious.

Just a helpful tip from your Uncle Greg. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »

Stop feeling guilty and watch it. INTENT, your INTENT is/was to purchase it, and it WILL get straightened out, but in the meantime, watch it. There comes a point where you've done everything you can, and need to move on. If a year goes by and it doesn't get straightened out, drop the money you intended to spend on it on the plate of your favorite charity and enjoy a clear conscious.

Thanks. Thats what I will do. Im going to try and stop worrying about it.

TeddyR ah, that brings back memories.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 06:08:31 PM »

Thanks. Thats what I will do. Im going to try and stop worrying about it.

Absolutely.  You've done your part, it's between Amazon and the third party seller now.

Agreement from your other Uncle Greg.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 08:00:27 AM »

It's Amazon's problem not yours.

Javakoala
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »

But you've overlooked the important issue here:

WHAT WAS THE MOVIE?????

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 12:05:20 PM »

Javakoala  - Hardbodies
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »

I've never understood the popularity of Amazon.  I don't think I've used that site more tha 1 or 2 times in my life.  But I wouldn't feel guilty.  It sounds like you did everything right and Amazon screwed up.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »

I've never understood the popularity of Amazon.  I don't think I've used that site more tha 1 or 2 times in my life.  But I wouldn't feel guilty.  It sounds like you did everything right and Amazon screwed up.

No big secret: it's dependable, convenient and has a huge selection and pretty competitive prices.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »

No big secret: it's dependable, convenient and has a huge selection and pretty competitive prices.

The DVD prices are outrageous!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 09:55:04 PM »

They've had a few things much cheaper than other places. I saved over 1/3 on a subwoofer for my car.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pilgermann

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »

I love Amazon!  I don't actually order from them too often but it helps me out when I'm price hunting, looking for new movies or music, and I have an awful obsession with adding things to my wishlist (I have close to 2000 items on it, now...).

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »

I love Amazon!  I don't actually order from them too often but it helps me out when I'm price hunting, looking for new movies or music, and I have an awful obsession with adding things to my wishlist (I have close to 2000 items on it, now...).

Me too. I've tried Play.com and CDbaby, but they never have anything that I'm looking for. All Amazons marketplace sellers seem to have all the obscure 80s metal records I'm after and trashy b-movies too. They're all in great condition at cheap prices and extremely reasonable P&P.  Smile

3mnkids

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »

Thanks everyone for the advice.

But you've overlooked the important issue here:

WHAT WAS THE MOVIE?????

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Smile  Diary(Mon seung)

I go there so often to buy dvds because I get Amazon money free. I average $15-20 a month. I dont mind buying used and can get dvds really cheap. 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Amazon is ticking me off « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.