Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:16:19 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Gold hitting new highs daily « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gold hitting new highs daily  (Read 3826 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 06:41:47 PM »

Ah... I have no extra money to invest in anything (unless of course, "Penny Stocks" really take after their name.) So, personally, I could care less if Gold rises or falls.  Seems to me like, no matter what, the current economy in the area I live is still going to suck.

Did you know though some people invest in wine?  That's pretty funky... never thought that'd be something you could put money in.

Wine makes perfect sense as the better wines consistently go up in value if you hold onto them long enough.  You just have to make sure you can store them properly. 

You can do the same thing with cigars.  Did you know there are stores that specialize in PRE-EMBARGO Cubans?  Which means they have cigars from the fifties and earlier.  Crazy.  And CRAZY expensive.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 07:19:11 PM »

my brother in law is a survivalist guy and he has cigars in with his gold and god knows what else in his safe. I was wondering about that, if they would stay good.

Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »

my brother in law is a survivalist guy and he has cigars in with his gold and god knows what else in his safe. I was wondering about that, if they would stay good.

It's a lot like wine, except that temperature AND humidity are very important (more humidity than temp actually).  Have to watch both.  From what I've seen in cigars though, they go bad easier and quicker than wine does.  I would be very uncomfortable storing any overly expensive cigars, myself. 

For reference, I remember reading a pack of 5 pre-embargo Cubans cost more then $12,000 - and that was a number of years ago.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »

yeesh. QE2 putting it near 1400.

Federal reserve is really determined to kepe people from enojoying low priced goods.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 01:09:28 PM »

1405.00 for a one ounce piece of metal, ladies and germs

http://www.kitco.com/charts/popup/au24hr3day.html
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Gold hitting new highs daily « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.