Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:26:04 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  ZombieLand « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ZombieLand  (Read 10614 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: October 09, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »

As I am writing this, I am just getting back from seeing this movie.

Overall this was a funny horror movie.  Well, it's never really scarey enough to be a horror movie.  The man-eating zombies are an element, but are often not really important to the plot.  Ok, maybe that's not true either, ...how do I explain this.

The movie focuses more on the human characters and it allows them to play off each other and their situatioin.  That sounds about right.

It's more funny than anything else and the jokes work.  Funniest scenes are when the four main characters get to Hollywood. 

I recomend this for zombie movie fans or fans of horror/comedy movies.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »

I dunno if it's supposed to be a 'surprise' but Bill Murray makes this even more funny than it was at the beginning.  Him dressed as a zombie, and the girl, Wichita, tellin him that he 'looks like Eddie Van Halen."  And then Murray saying that he just ran into Van Halen, and they ask how he is.  Murray's like, "He's a zombie."

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »

Saw this the other day and it was awesome!   TeddyR   Thumbup

A lot of people have been comparing Zombieland to Shaun of the Dead but I personally thought it was way better.
Woody Harrellson makes this movie.  We got a kick out of how he paints a number 3 on every vehicle he takes.
This movie has a lot of little touches that all add up to make a great flick.
Like when Harrellson and Bill Murray dress up as ghostbusters and are pretending to trap a ghost.  "Don't cross the streams!"

In this review, they say, "Zombieland is a movie made by horror nerds for their fellow fright dweebs. Those who've spent way too many dateless Saturday nights poring over the collective oeuvre of George Romero, Lucio Fulci, and Stuart Gordon will instantly fall in love with this sly combination of satire, slapstick, and splatter."

That description is dead-on.
While watching it, I kept thinking of two guys having fun at an amusement park and one guy says to the other, "Dude, wouldn't it be cool if we were fighting zombies in this place?  The other guy says, "Hell yeah!  That'd be awesome!  Lets write it out on paper!"
And then they just go with it.

I can relate because my friends and I still come up with weird scenarios just like that for s**ts & giggles.

This is a great movie.  Do yourself a favor and go see it.
If not, then it's definitely worth a purchase when it comes out on DVD.

3.5 stars out of 4.   Thumbup
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:23:14 AM »

I prefered Shaun.
That curly haired fella was just a little too annoying for me and Woody was trying too hard too be cool. Being cool should come natuarally, look at Jeff Goldblum. But there is still planty of zombie fun to be had. Thumbup

I also like slow zombies more.

But the ghostbusters bit was awesome !!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:40:41 AM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 12:34:20 PM »

I loved Zombieland, and I thought it was much better than Shaun of The Dead.

What I say might be controversial, but I think Shaun is way overrated.  I saw it once, and never had the inclination to see it again.  I know everyone, particularly the podcast critics I listen to, loves to put this movie on the pedestal and endlessly sing its praises, but I just didn't get it.  I usually like British stuff, don't get me wrong.  I'm a big Monty Python fan.  I just thought this was a fairly tedious film with mostly flat humor, a rather predictable plot, and it also got way too serious before the end.  The ending is clever, but that's about it for me. 

Zombieland is pure horror comedy gold.  It's never overly serious, it's almost willing to admit its own flaws, which there were, and it was FUN to watch the entire time.  That's the bottom line right there.  Woody Harrelson alone gives this film a huge boost in the fun factor.

It may not be a masterpiece, or have the critical support that Shaun had, but it's still the best time I've had in the theater for a long time.
justin
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »

I really enjoyed Zombieland & think its 1 of the best movies so far this year.   Thumbup

I'm looking forward to the sequel (you know 1 is going to get made, this movie made over $20 million at the Box Office).  Wink
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 01:37:56 PM »

I dunno if it's supposed to be a 'surprise' but Bill Murray makes this even more funny than it was at the beginning.  Him dressed as a zombie, and the girl, Wichita, tellin him that he 'looks like Eddie Van Halen."  And then Murray saying that he just ran into Van Halen, and they ask how he is.  Murray's like, "He's a zombie."

It is supposed to be a surprise, though a lot of people knew ahead of time.  So, I'd suggest putting some spoiler tags on there.   Thumbup
Torgo

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:13 PM »

***1/2 out of ****.

I loved this movie! Seen it twice already.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 07:53:19 PM »

needed more blood TeddyR

yeah no.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 12:45:30 PM »

I still haven't made it out to see this yet, but have been meaning to. My best friend worked on it painting sets and some of the props. She worked crazy hours over a long weekend with a crew to paint over a thousand pieces of pottery for that trading post sequence. They let her keep one which was cool.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 05:24:20 PM »

It's pretty good, I can't imagine many people on this board would be disappointed by it.  I gave it 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 08:36:15 AM »

It is supposed to be a surprise, though a lot of people knew ahead of time.  So, I'd suggest putting some spoiler tags on there.   Thumbup
I didn't know it was supposed to be a surprise.  Everyone knew about it ahead of time, and every critic ruined the surprise in their reviews, talking about how great his cameo was.

If I knew it'd "Ruin" it for someone, I'd not have mentioned it.  It doesn't even ruin it finding out ahead of time, honestly.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 02:21:31 AM »

I didn't know it was supposed to be a surprise.  Everyone knew about it ahead of time, and every critic ruined the surprise in their reviews, talking about how great his cameo was.

If I knew it'd "Ruin" it for someone, I'd not have mentioned it.  It doesn't even ruin it finding out ahead of time, honestly.

I knew ahead of time, and I'd agree it didn't ruin it.  But, I think I'd have preferred not even knowing there was a cameo though, but that's what I get for following film news...

Most interesting bit is probably that they filmed all of the scenes in a single day.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  ZombieLand « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.