Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:17 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Believe Children Aren't The Future... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I Believe Children Aren't The Future...  (Read 10662 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: October 10, 2009, 05:04:01 PM »

I've just had to call the police, as a gang of kids no older than about 14 set a pram on fire outside my door. I'd actually heard them shouting and cursing earlier whilst I was trying to watch a film. I looked out of my window and was stunned to see one girl engaged in oral sex with some other kid. Remember these are kids are underage! This was in the middle of the street, outside people's houses!  Buggedout

I've seen alot of bad stuff round here over the last 2 years, lots of violence and drugs, but this really shocked me. The police did nothing, not that they can or want to do anything. I feel like I'm some cranky old pensioner, but I can't relax with this type of stuff going on right outside. I fear I know in years to come that this country in particular is going to hell, led by toothless ape people raping each other into oblivion.  Hatred

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »

I am of the firm opinion that people need a belief system, some kind of moral code in order to curb their worst impulses.  Otherwise the beast in all of us takes over.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 05:19:38 PM »

No, most kids are idiots.
Maybe I'll write some more about that, but for the moment, I'm tired.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 05:20:25 PM »

I am of the firm opinion that people need a belief system, some kind of moral code in order to curb their worst impulses.  Otherwise the beast in all of us takes over.

I don't, and I never have used any kind of belief system with regards to religion. I use my brain, as an intelligent human being (I like to think). I never really stepped out of line as a kid 'cause I had discipline and knew right from wrong. I still know right from wrong (again, I like to think). I hear the parents of small children swearing at them over nothing, getting drunk in front of them and smoking in their faces. They grow up without respect and they're growing up stupid.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:54:39 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 05:46:45 PM »

I've always thought it was a shame that morality and religion are so often seen as one in the same. Some people need religion to be "good" and if that's what it takes, whatever works, works, you won't hear criticism from me, but I've long wondered why we can't have basic truths held in high esteem (don't steal, don't kill, do unto others) without something like superstition behind them?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »

I've always thought it was a shame that morality and religion are so often seen as one in the same. Some people need religion to be "good" and if that's what it takes, whatever works, works, you won't hear criticism from me, but I've long wondered why we can't have basic truths held in high esteem (don't steal, don't kill, do unto others) without something like superstition behind them?

Exactly. I think alot religions teach about morals and values, right and wrong and I'm fine with that. It's just all the other stuff that goes along with it. If people want to hope for something to fall back on through the harsh reality of life then fair enough. Anyway, I don't want to get into that (You don't want me to get into that!). The point is, when I was their age (and this is only 10 years ago) I played out, played ball, rode my bike and collected stuff. It's essentially the same things my father and his father did years ago with even less technology and less outlets. This is where I turn against modern technology, where people have forgotten the simple things in life and children have become ungrateful and braindead. Granted, I wouldn't be able to type this or talk to you guys without modern technology, so it's doubled edged sword.

kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 07:22:18 PM »

gangs are the future. we are seeing more gang activity than ever, and in areas that never had this problem before. im afraid of young people now, even though im young myself. i took me many years and some life changing bad-decisions to finally grow up and start thinking about self preservation and having a future. im sure most of you who are a child of the 90s are familier with the "I dont give a f**k" mentality thats out there. there are so many things that could be blamed for way children are turning out. there is  definate lack of personal responsibility in this country. it starts with the parents. most parents just dont have the time because they have to work so much, so alot of kids raise themselves. lack of opportunity, education, morals, conscience, love....blah blah blah. it seems as though the system has been designed to sort and fail people, there is research that supports this. ever seen that movie IDIOCRACY?

exterminate all rational thought.....
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 07:51:04 PM »

Kids are getting more and more out of control in this world.  Probably because many of them have no consequences to their actions.  That and the wrong people are having kids.  The gene pool is getting muddy.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 08:17:59 PM »

That's why I moved my family out of the big city and into a small town.  It's like a freaking zoo.  Just too many people having kids when they can't even begin to be responsible for themselves, much less someone else.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »

ever seen that movie IDIOCRACY?

That movie is the future.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »

gangs are the future. we are seeing more gang activity than ever, and in areas that never had this problem before. im afraid of young people now, even though im young myself. i took me many years and some life changing bad-decisions to finally grow up and start thinking about self preservation and having a future. im sure most of you who are a child of the 90s are familier with the "I dont give a f**k" mentality thats out there. there are so many things that could be blamed for way children are turning out. there is  definate lack of personal responsibility in this country. it starts with the parents. most parents just dont have the time because they have to work so much, so alot of kids raise themselves. lack of opportunity, education, morals, conscience, love....blah blah blah. it seems as though the system has been designed to sort and fail people, there is research that supports this. ever seen that movie IDIOCRACY?
So true. 

Also, I've seen a lot of shi**y parents out there.  Really bad parents.  Then when they get called out on it, they blame someone else for how screwed up their kids are.  "The schools should've taught our kids this."  Bullsh*t.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 09:46:34 PM »

Katie is on her way back from the hospital with Garrett (2 years old).  They went there some hours ago because Andy (4 years old) wanted to be mean by shutting the door to the bathroom in Garrett's face when both boys were going to get their baths.  Andy slammed the door shut on Garrett's foot, he caught it between the door and the metal threshold between the carpet and tile.

Neither Katie nor I saw it happen, as we were grabbing stuff for baths for the three kids.  All of the sudden Garrett was lying on the floor screaming.  Andy wouldn't say what happened.  Katie had to search Garrett for an injury while I was trying to find out what happened. 

Katie took Garrett to the ER for examination.  The good thing is that Garrett is so young that nothing got broken, everything is flexible - it's just sprained and bruised.  An older child would have had a broken foot. 

I've told them repeatedly that slamming doors shut on each other would not be done because someone is going to get hurt.  Not telling me what happened because he was afraid of being punished, while his little brother screamed in pain, is not acceptable.  Andy might be only 4, but he's capable of learning right and wrong.  He knew what was right and wrong there.

I'll not be that parent.  My children will not be those children.  I love them, I tell them that, I will hug them and kiss them.  I will not let them hurt each other, nor lie to me.  They will learn right and wrong.  Andy got punished tonight, and he's grounded to his room tomorrow.  He needs time to think on what went on.  That should give him ample.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cthulhu

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 01:50:26 AM »

I blame bad parents. They just don't give a s**t about what their kids are doing. Either the TV, or "the street" will raise them.
I had a classmate. As I've heard, he's now an alcoholic.
He's 17.
Cthulhu

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 02:47:15 AM »

Katie is on her way back from the hospital with Garrett (2 years old).  They went there some hours ago because Andy (4 years old) wanted to be mean by shutting the door to the bathroom in Garrett's face when both boys were going to get their baths.  Andy slammed the door shut on Garrett's foot, he caught it between the door and the metal threshold between the carpet and tile.

Neither Katie nor I saw it happen, as we were grabbing stuff for baths for the three kids.  All of the sudden Garrett was lying on the floor screaming.  Andy wouldn't say what happened.  Katie had to search Garrett for an injury while I was trying to find out what happened. 

Katie took Garrett to the ER for examination.  The good thing is that Garrett is so young that nothing got broken, everything is flexible - it's just sprained and bruised.  An older child would have had a broken foot. 

I've told them repeatedly that slamming doors shut on each other would not be done because someone is going to get hurt.  Not telling me what happened because he was afraid of being punished, while his little brother screamed in pain, is not acceptable.  Andy might be only 4, but he's capable of learning right and wrong.  He knew what was right and wrong there.

I'll not be that parent.  My children will not be those children.  I love them, I tell them that, I will hug them and kiss them.  I will not let them hurt each other, nor lie to me.  They will learn right and wrong.  Andy got punished tonight, and he's grounded to his room tomorrow.  He needs time to think on what went on.  That should give him ample.
Best wishes to you, and Garrett!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 06:22:27 AM »

That's why I moved my family out of the big city and into a small town.  It's like a freaking zoo.  Just too many people having kids when they can't even begin to be responsible for themselves, much less someone else.

I live in a small town. I find it's worse than a big city, unless you are in the very centre. Most of the people in this town still haven't invented fire or the wheel yet...

Thanks for the input Andrew and I hope Garrett is okay.  Smile

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Believe Children Aren't The Future... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.