Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:30:38 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Believe Children Aren't The Future... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I Believe Children Aren't The Future...  (Read 10661 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 06:36:32 AM »

Circus is right.
I've lived in cities and small towns and kids in towns are definitely worse. They're like animals. Everybody should move to a London borough and leave the towns empty for people who think Stephen Gatley's death is news worthy.

I also send get well soon wishes for Garrett.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 01:51:24 PM »

...leave the towns empty for people who think Stephen Gatley's death is news worthy.

I thought that was a joke. I've only just seen that on Skynews.com, he was only 33.

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »

Stuff like this is why I wish Amy and I hadn't broken up.  That was a family I would have given my right arm at the shoulder to marry in to.  Big, close-knit farming family, everyone in it holding high moral values and having strong work ethics.  There's something bizarrely entrancing about talking on the phone to Amy and having her say, "Hey, I gotta call you back, I gotta muck out the pig sty."

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »

Circus,

It's funny.  When I think of England, images like the Queen and all those prim & proper people and customs come to mind.
Everyone has impeccable manners.
I picture rich English people drinking tea on the grounds of their lavish estates, then driving out on the countryside in their Aston Martins.
After that, they go fox hunting.  Riding their horses and wearing those weird outfits with the funny hats.  A pack of dogs out front yelping and barking as Charles and James ready their rifles.

You know, the stereotypical England depicted in movies and such.

You describe parts of England as this enormous s**thole!
It's weird to be shown what a place is like all your life only to find out that it has a dark and seedy underside.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 06:01:37 PM »

Circus,

It's funny.  When I think of England, images like the Queen and all those prim & proper people and customs come to mind.
Everyone has impeccable manners.
I picture rich English people drinking tea on the grounds of their lavish estates, then driving out on the countryside in their Aston Martins.
After that, they go fox hunting.  Riding their horses and wearing those weird outfits with the funny hats.  A pack of dogs out front yelping and barking as Charles and James ready their rifles.

You know, the stereotypical England depicted in movies and such.

You describe parts of England as this enormous s**thole!
It's weird to be shown what a place is like all your life only to find out that it has a dark and seedy underside.

That's what annoys me though dude, when it comes to the country being depicted in movies. It's either the mob culture that exists in parts of London or south coast snobs and bigots. Yes there are people who drink tea on rich estates, drive astons and have manners. We call them millionaires. All the toffs who've been born with silver spoons and are totally out of sync with the "real world". As for the scum that go fox hunting, they're in the pockets of the politicians thinking this country is their own boys club.

Note: I really hope from reading the above, that nobody is assuming I'm the slightest bit patriotic. I'm not. I 'm just callin' it as I see it.  Smile

Some snaps from this wonderful country...

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:30:35 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

BTM

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 04:51:57 PM »

I've just had to call the police, as a gang of kids no older than about 14 set a pram on fire outside my door. I'd actually heard them shouting and cursing earlier whilst I was trying to watch a film. I looked out of my window and was stunned to see one girl engaged in oral sex with some other kid. Remember these are kids are underage! This was in the middle of the street, outside people's houses!  Buggedout

I've seen alot of bad stuff round here over the last 2 years, lots of violence and drugs, but this really shocked me.

Wow, I don't know what to say... course, could you maybe be in a particularly bad neighborhood?  (Trying to recall who was it that used to post about all the other crazy s**t that went on in their area, trash throwers, drug dealers and whatnot...)

Okay, dumb question.. what's a "pram"?

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »

Some snaps from this wonderful country...

Wow, I'm getting flashbacks from Trainspotting and Underground (although I doubt anyone else here has seen the latter, took me a bit of doing to even find that film.)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »

Okay, dumb question.. what's a "pram"?

A kind of baby buggy.

I do live in a bad neighbourhood, but trust me (and Doggett will back me up), there are tons of them in every single village, town and city.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 05:09:02 PM »

I live about 15 miles from this place.
It was raining hot women that day. Bloody annoying when that happens. Wink They take ages to wash out of my hair.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 05:10:57 PM »

I live about 15 miles from this place.
It was raining hot women that day. Bloody annoying when that happens. Wink They take ages to wash out of my hair.

Did someone remix another YES song and need an FHM video to go along with it??  Lookingup

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »

Katie is on her way back from the hospital with Garrett (2 years old).  They went there some hours ago because Andy (4 years old) wanted to be mean by shutting the door to the bathroom in Garrett's face when both boys were going to get their baths.  Andy slammed the door shut on Garrett's foot, he caught it between the door and the metal threshold between the carpet and tile.

Neither Katie nor I saw it happen, as we were grabbing stuff for baths for the three kids.  All of the sudden Garrett was lying on the floor screaming.  Andy wouldn't say what happened.  Katie had to search Garrett for an injury while I was trying to find out what happened. 

Katie took Garrett to the ER for examination.  The good thing is that Garrett is so young that nothing got broken, everything is flexible - it's just sprained and bruised.  An older child would have had a broken foot. 

I've told them repeatedly that slamming doors shut on each other would not be done because someone is going to get hurt.  Not telling me what happened because he was afraid of being punished, while his little brother screamed in pain, is not acceptable.  Andy might be only 4, but he's capable of learning right and wrong.  He knew what was right and wrong there.

I'll not be that parent.  My children will not be those children.  I love them, I tell them that, I will hug them and kiss them.  I will not let them hurt each other, nor lie to me.  They will learn right and wrong.  Andy got punished tonight, and he's grounded to his room tomorrow.  He needs time to think on what went on.  That should give him ample.

Hear Hear Brother...
A parent's job is to sometimes be the bad guy and teach hard lessons.   You have to work to turn out useful and responsible people.   Kids are not inherently bad people, but they do need to be trained in right and wrong. 

You know Circus, it seems that sort of mean-sprited foolishiness is pretty common in Britain. And has been for some time, my 40-something year old cousins would steal cars, joy ride, and light them on fire to end the evening.   To think broadly, America has less thrill crime, and more profit-motivated crime.  Of course I could be wrong, this is all of the top of my head.

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »

You know Circus, it seems that sort of mean-sprited foolishiness is pretty common in Britain. And has been for some time, my 40-something year old cousins would steal cars, joy ride, and light them on fire to end the evening.   To think broadly, America has less thrill crime, and more profit-motivated crime.  Of course I could be wrong, this is all of the top of my head.

-Ed

Kinda makes me think of this:

Small | Large

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »

I know in years to come that this country in particular is going to hell, led by toothless ape people raping each other into oblivion.  Hatred

As a toothless ape rapist, I take offense.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 07:24:50 PM »

Garrett seems to be fine now.  We had to watch him for a few days to make sure he wasn't limping or feeling pain in the foot.  Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

William, I agree with you completely.  My job is to teach my children how to be citizens.  It's not to satisfy their every wish, protect them from everything, or make their life easy.  I let them fall down or do things that might hurt - so long as I've warned them, and whatever they are doing will not result in a serious or permanent injury I consider them learning exercises.

The first night after we brought Jenna and Garrett home from the hospital, and the first night I was home with Andy after returning from Iraq, I gave each of them a promise to teach them everything I could, to make them strong in mind, body, and spirit, to teach them right and wrong, and to protect them until they were ready to look out for themselves.  That's my promise to my children.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »

If anything I've learned, discipline needs to be quick and certain with kids.  If you keep saying, "don't do that please" they will keep doing it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Believe Children Aren't The Future... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.