Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:28:19 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Believe Children Aren't The Future... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I Believe Children Aren't The Future...  (Read 10664 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 05:25:58 PM »

I really think a lack of discipline (either from parents who don't care, don't know how to control their kids, etc.) and a lack of law enforcement is to blame. I honestly believe kids who commit crimes should do time same as adults...no difference, no no-how. You do a crime - you do time! Just there needs to be CONSEQUENCES for illegal actions and too many kids know that as youths, the friggin' law turns a blind eye more often than not and they gets frig all for the worst crimes even. They also sometimes use the "abuse" card against parents who just want to discipline kids threatening to tell authorities of imagined abuses and what not and to intimidate parents into giving into their demands. Drugs just makes things even worse.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 12:33:49 PM »

Bluesad (sigh). What the hell is this world coming to? Society was supposed to progress, not degenerate. Why is it that parents don't know how to discipline their children? In fact, why bother having kids if you're not going to teach them proper morals?
Parents these days sicken me.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »

Bluesad (sigh). What the hell is this world coming to? Society was supposed to progress, not degenerate. Why is it that parents don't know how to discipline their children? In fact, why bother having kids if you're not going to teach them proper morals?
i feel ya. i know this BRAT who always does his "IMPORTANT" stuff first (mainly play video games and eat flaming re hots) and do his "NOT SO IMPORTANT" stuff at the last moment (like doing homework and helping people). AND he always gets his older brother in trouble, even when the older bro is innocent. Hatred these kids these days, though i am well behaved and got what i wanted, which is LITTLE to what this BRAT gets  Hatred

yeah no.
Javakoala
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »

The morons next door are these parents.  The baby is SCREAMING and they scream back at it, like that will make it stop. The one and only hope, the mom, will freak out and scream for it to stop crying because she is sick of hearing it cry. They are smoking dope and most likely dealing dope (and pimping the mom or the mom's friend, but I can't prove any of this so no point in calling the cops, who are, sad to say, worthless in most cases). I can't even call human services as I can't PROVE any of this. As sad as it is to say, I hope the parents die in a single car accident and the kid gets put in a solid and supportive foster home. Otherwise, this kid is gonna make his worthless parents look like sterling examples of human kindness.

As far as gangs, there those who would disapprove, but if they are arrested in connection with any crime and they show a connection to a gang, the sentence is automatically tripled. If anyone dies in connection with this crime, whether directly or indirectly, and they are in gang, automatic death sentence with a 90 day appeal. I don't want to hear any bleeding heart crap about gangs being their only family. You are in a gang, you pay a higher price. End of story. Remove some of these career animals from existence, and you'll see gangs stop being a worthwhile choice.

Same rules apply to guns, but that is a different thread.

And, shockingly, I am a registered Democrat. Didn't vote for Obama, though.
Cthulhu

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 04:58:56 AM »

i feel ya. i know this BRAT who always does his "IMPORTANT" stuff first (mainly play video games and eat flaming re hots) and do his "NOT SO IMPORTANT" stuff at the last moment (like doing homework and helping people). AND he always gets his older brother in trouble, even when the older bro is innocent. Hatred these kids these days, though i am well behaved and got what i wanted, which is LITTLE to what this BRAT gets  Hatred
You have a little brother, don't you? TeddyR
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »

You have a little brother, don't you? TeddyR
nah, though i am the youngest of my family  TongueOut

yeah no.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 01:28:35 AM »

I have no facts or figures to back this up, but I was talking to a professor who studied crime rates and criminology claiming that crime has actually gone down in the past few centuries and years. Maybe this is due to there being less ways to haul a person to jail then there used to be (back in the middle ages the law could use any reason up to and including "looking at me bud!?!")
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 03:24:29 PM »

I grew up in a relatively quiet and safe middle-class suburban town (my parents still live there).  Over the past few years, it seems like teenagers and others from nearby cities and towns (including gang members) have started spending more time there.  A couple of local nightclubs have been under pressure from town officials because they have become hot-spots for drug trafficking and violence, often directly related to excessive drinking on the premises.  My parents have witnessed what appear to be drug deals taking place after dark on their street.  When I was a kid, this was sort of a LEAVE IT TO BEAVER town . . . seems like it's beginning to fall apart.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Javakoala
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »

The whole part of all of this is the attitude of "What's YOUR problem?" and that if you try to help protect yourself or your community, you are either the bad guy or the target.

Someone shoves you in the mall. If you call them on it, you don't get a "I'm sorry". You get someone who is happy to slice you open because you called them on THEIR bad behavior. And they feed on that with the whole "snitch" line of crap. "Snitches deserve to die." I'd happily give my tax dollars to put a bat to the back of the head of every jackass who says that.

Just today, while riding the bus to see the doctor, I ended up hearing two sides of the same stupid argument, and both people were insane. One got the other kicked off a bus over something stupid (I've blocked that part out), yet the chick was talking about going after the chick she got kicked off the bus. Then I get on a different bus and there is the chick who got kicked off saying how she is gonna wait for the other chick when her bus goes back to the station so she can beat on her AND her kids.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 01:30:55 PM »

Someone shoves you in the mall. If you call them on it, you don't get a "I'm sorry". You get someone who is happy to slice you open because you called them on THEIR bad behavior. And they feed on that with the whole "snitch" line of crap. "Snitches deserve to die." I'd happily give my tax dollars to put a bat to the back of the head of every jackass who says that.

This is exactly the behaviour I was getting at. It has happened to me so many times - I'm just minding my own business and someone will throw something at me or call me a name, and I'm not the type of person to lay down and take it. So, I will call a person on things of that nature, to which the response is almost always "come on then" (meaning they want a fight). Why? Why would a person be an a***ole and then be completely bemused as to why another takes offence? Plus, these people will pick on the wrong person one day and get put in the hospital. One young man learnt that the hard way when he picked on my ex-fiancee one time.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »

Someone shoves you in the mall. If you call them on it, you don't get a "I'm sorry". You get someone who is happy to slice you open because you called them on THEIR bad behavior.

if you see them again, have baseball bat with you

yeah no.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Believe Children Aren't The Future... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.