Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:07:22 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pets: Do You Have Any? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Pets: Do You Have Any?  (Read 17347 times)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 03:13:02 PM »

I have a house rabbit named Luna.

I've had her for about 2 years now.
Also, I have a long hair black cat in my house that we call Squeaky Cat cause instead of meowing, he squeaks.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »

Allhallowsday: a Beagle and a Terrier in the house...and the cat is that calm?  I am in awe, sir!
That cat is my girl, Kookoohead, who passed away in April at 16 years.  She had grown up with a Scottie, would wrestle and sleep with the Scottie (Scottish Terrier) so she was well used to dogs when the Jack Russel and Beagle came along after the Scottie died in 1998.  She had her claws, and was at ease even with particularly small aggressive terriers.  Everybody got along just fine.   Smile   I miss my girl.  Bluesad  

My condolences Allhallows, we had a kitty pass away about 10 years ago.  She was probably 18 years old, and we had her ever since she was a kitten.  She finally got arthritis so bad she really couldn't move any more, so we had to have her put to sleep.  It truly was the saddest day of my life.  

We waited a while, and then went to the animal shelter and picked out Scooter.  There's lots of great kitties out there that could use some love.  And they give plenty back, and cheer you up from your loss.

MeQal, your bunny is adorable!  TeddyR
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:44:35 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 12:54:40 AM »

Allhallowsday: a Beagle and a Terrier in the house...and the cat is that calm?  I am in awe, sir!
That cat is my girl, Kookoohead, who passed away in April at 16 years.  She had grown up with a Scottie, would wrestle and sleep with the Scottie (Scottish Terrier) so she was well used to dogs when the Jack Russel and Beagle came along after the Scottie died in 1998.  She had her claws, and was at ease even with particularly small aggressive terriers.  Everybody got along just fine.   Smile   I miss my girl.  Bluesad 

My condolences Allhallows, we had a kitty pass away about 10 years ago.  She was probably 18 years old, and we had her ever since she was a kitten.  She finally got arthritis so bad she really couldn't move any more, so we had to have her put to sleep.  It truly was the saddest day of my life...
Reacherdoo was special, and had many names, my kookoohed, pretty girl... yes, that was the saddest day when I can't know her little head but must choose.  Life in fact offers no poetry, it's us who imbue life with any merit. So justice matters.  And dignity, loyalty and respect.  It breaks my heart to be misunderstood; I guess I'm a bit of a missionary.   Bluesad 

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:06:26 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
BTM

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 06:10:21 AM »

Sadly, they don't allow us to have pets at the apartment complex.  Bluesad

No, take that back, we can have either have fish or birds, but you have to pay a $150 pet deposit.  Now fish, I can see how, the aquarium breaks you've got water everything, but how could a bird do that much damage?

My parents have two shi-tzus, I stop by and look after them when they're on trips or something.  I miss having them to take walks in the part people look at me strangely when I'm wandering around the park by myself.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »

The cat died in April; my beagle died today.  Only the little dog remains, Nammer, but we now have Chubby the cat, too.  

My beagle was such a cool dog; he was sick for one day - today - and died quickly this evening around 6:30.  What a year it's been.   Bluesad  My good boy; I'm so glad he went quickly and at home and I did not have to choose.   Bluesad  I am forever fond of that dog, Beauty.   Smile   Bluesad

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »

The cat died in April; my beagle died today.  Only the little dog remains, Nammer, but we now have Chubby the cat, too.  

My beagle was such a cool dog; he was sick for one day - today - and died quickly this evening around 6:30.  What a year it's been.   Bluesad  My good boy; I'm so glad he went quickly and at home and I did not have to choose.   Bluesad  I am forever fond of that dog, Beauty.   Smile   Bluesad

I know you feel AHD.

yeah no.
Raffine

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 08:35:20 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear about your beagle, my friend.

When I lost my shepherd Grendel a couple of years ago it was the same, one day she was fine and suddenly she knew it was time to go.

My deepest condolences.  Bluesad

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »

Letting go of pets is never easy . . . we lost our cat, George, last fall.

Our new kitty Gina is a handful!  I have a sack of pecans we picked up last fall, her greatest joy is scattering them all over the floor and rolling them around!  Well, that, and tormenting my mother-in-law's "booger dog".

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »

Sorry for your losses AHD!

I don't have a dog but I have 2 cats (Layla and Rosie) and when either one is gone I will be miserable.  

Pets are so wonderful.  

I also find them to be amazingly therapeutic. I am a very emotional person by nature and the older cat (Layla) almost always knows when I'm upset or depressed and is extra affectionate with me. It's pretty neat because she will appear out of nowhere as though she has a sixth sense.   Question Smile
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:50:27 PM by Sleepyskull » Logged

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:25 AM »

Thank you all for your kind words; here is a very recent picture of BEAUTY with Chubby, the new cat, and Nammer, soon to be 12 years old.  

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:03:23 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 07:18:31 AM »

So sorry AHD to hear about the loss of some members of your "animal family".  We lost our cat "Dexter" a little over a year ago.  We miss him so. We still have our other cat "Dixie" who's getting on in years too. She's 11 now. 

We also have an outside menagerie. We are currently feeding 4 stray cats that come around every morning. We also feed the squirrels,  birds, deer and wild turkeys.  Occasionally other assorted critters occasinally show up and hit the corn tray set out for the deer - a groundhog, racoons, chipmonks, and field mice.   

Last summer we didn't actually feed them but, we had a gray fox and 2 of her babies living under our shed.  And there was also a  strange looking bird hanging around our bird feeder for awhle.  Turned out it was a young hawk - no other birds would go near the feeder when he showed up.  And the black bears usually start arriving in late summer. We had our bird feeder pulled down a few times. Last summer we had a Mama and her 2 cubs visit quite often. 

We love the wildlife!

Hold onto your dreams ....
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear about your beagle, my friend.

When I lost my shepherd Grendel a couple of years ago it was the same, one day she was fine and suddenly she knew it was time to go.

My deepest condolences.  Bluesad

Raffine ~ that is a beautiful picture and my sincere condolences, Allhallows.

I can't keep pets where I live, so I had to make do with the rock hyraxes at work, both of whom are gone now.  Bluesad

So now, all I have in the way of animals are my collection of stuffed animals at home, most of whom are really stuffed.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »

Not currently, but my family has had lots of animals in the past.  We've had 3 dogs, 2 lizards, some hamesters, a parakeet, and more fish than I could count.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2010, 01:01:34 AM »

He was such a good old dog. 

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »

Well seeing as the Scrounger lives with my mother, I'm looking to adopt this cat:

His name is Smoke. I'm just waiting to hear back from the Stockport rescue home to see if he's still there.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:44:04 PM by Circus Circus » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pets: Do You Have Any? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.