Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:35:42 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Old Vampire Sci-Fi « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old Vampire Sci-Fi  (Read 3940 times)
graxspoo
New Visitor

« on: October 11, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »

I've been looking for this movie for years. I saw it on NYC TV around 1982, it was a very cheesy science fiction movie about space travel to another planet. The thing that made it different is at some point, it turns out that there are vampires involved. The vampires aren't your usual vampires either, they have small vestigial arms that come out from under their armpits, and the small hands at the ends of the arms have fangs that do the blood sucking.
I thought for a long time the title of the movie was "Wild Wild Planet," but now looking clips of WWP on YouTube, it doesn't have any vampires in it. The other movie I thought it might be is Planet of the Vampires, but that's not right either. The vampires in the movie I'm trying to find were not ghoulish exactly, and I think they were being used by a ruling class to help enslave people, so there was more of a political dimension to it than your standard issue monster movie. Interestingly both WWP and PotV were Italian films. WWP is part of  the "Gamma I" series of films, so maybe the TV station mis-labeled the movie as it was being shown? Anyone?
Thanks in advance
Glenn

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 07:11:46 PM »

The four-armed fellows sound a lot like "Wild, Wild Planet."  However, they are not vampires as you already noticed.  What they do is grab people, then the people shrink down to doll-sized figures.  The four-armed mutants do help the evil genius to carry out his plan. 

I have a review of "Wild, Wild Planet" here that includes pictures and a movie clip:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/wildplanet/

Do you remember anything else about the movie?  What were the main characters like?  What were the spacecraft like? 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
graxspoo
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:58:48 AM »

Hmmm, well, now that I've watched more of Wild Wild Planet, I do think that those 4-armed dudes must be the guys from the film I saw back then. However none of the rest of the story seems to match what I remember. Do you know if the 4-arm grabbers make an appearance in any of the other "Gamma I" films?

Other things I remember: there was some sort of underground cavern with a big globe like thing in it. The 4-armed guy made an attack on someone at an airport, or spaceport, but the "claws" which are briefly mentioned in WWP were more developed, and you actually saw the arms coming out and grabbing the victim, whereas in WWP it always sort of happens behind the trench-coat, from what I've seen...

Thanks!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:36:23 PM »

Unfortunately, I have not seen more of the films.  Want to, but they are limited in availability, and I've never made a big effort to track them down.   I do remember scenes from "Wild Wild Planet" that match the other two you mention, though it seems to me that the four-armed chaps actually grabbing someone was always not quite shown (like you describe).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
graxspoo
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 01:40:32 AM »

Well, any discrepancies between Wild Wild Planet and my fuzzy memory I'm willing to chalk up to the distortions of time. Solved.

And thanks!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Old Vampire Sci-Fi « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.