Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:39 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rush Limbaugh: Miss America Pageant Judge and Possible Rams Owner « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: Miss America Pageant Judge and Possible Rams Owner  (Read 3239 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: October 13, 2009, 07:02:03 PM »

First of all, what idiot thought he would be the best to judge Miss America Pageant?  Secondly, why would he even want the Rams?  This world is growing more insane by the minute!

http://news.aol.com/article/rush-limbaugh-to-judge-2010-miss-america/711699

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/limbaugh-already-down-a-vote-in-bid-to/715934?cid=6

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »

No idea on Miss America, but as someone who has listened to the show off and on for years, one thing I can say about Rush is that the man LOVES football.  He would  probably be a pretty good owner.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »

I'm actually not sure why you would think it's crazy for Rush to judge the Miss America pageant.  As far as I know there aren't any real qualifications necessary to be a celebrity judge at a beauty contest.  I'm no fan of Rush but I don't care in the least whether he's a judge or not.  I would feel the same way about Michael Moore if he were a judge.

As far as the Rams goes, I think that's a bad idea.  Rush has said some controversial things about the NFL.  His comments about Donovan McNabb, one of the NFL's best citizens and a true competitor, were totally uncalled for.  The players would not be on his side for sure. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »

Judging Miss America is right up his alley. He gets to sit on his ass and judge people, its perfect.

There is no way in hell he will own a part of any NFL team. He is a racist and a lot of players have already said they will not play for a team with him as the owner. Who can blame them. Just recently after the school bus incident he said buses should be segregated. He is a disgusting pig.

done ranting now.   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:11:50 PM »

Just recently after the school bus incident he said buses should be segregated. He is a disgusting pig.

Wow! What year is it again?  Buggedout

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »

Just recently after the school bus incident he said buses should be segregated. He is a disgusting pig.

Again, I'm no fan of Rush, but I read the quote and I thought he was being ironic about segregating buses.

3mnkids

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 12:46:26 PM »

Again, I'm no fan of Rush, but I read the quote and I thought he was being ironic about segregating buses.

Considering the entire rant, I don't believe he was being ironic. He started out by talking about in obama's america the white kids get beat up by the black kids while the rest yell... right on! right on!.. yeah, because that's how blacks talk nowadays..  Lookingup  And its not just these examples but numerous ones.saying football looks like a game between the bloods and the crips, basketball is the favorite sport of gangs and lets not forget.. barack the magic negro.. He is a disgusting racist, pig..
Nothing gets my blood boiling more than a racist or a bigot.  Hatred 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 01:25:02 PM »

Considering the entire rant, I don't believe he was being ironic. He started out by talking about in obama's america the white kids get beat up by the black kids while the rest yell... right on! right on!.. yeah, because that's how blacks talk nowadays..  Lookingup  And its not just these examples but numerous ones.saying football looks like a game between the bloods and the crips, basketball is the favorite sport of gangs and lets not forget.. barack the magic negro.. He is a disgusting racist, pig..
Nothing gets my blood boiling more than a racist or a bigot.  Hatred 

I'm not saying your interpretation was wrong, but that's not how I read his comments.  It seemed to me the entire point of his rant was about what is sometimes called "reverse racism," the perceived double standard that it's OK for blacks to be racist against whites, and his call for re-segregation was satirical.

I won't defend any of his other comments.  I don't think he's actually a racist, in that he believes minorities are inferior or shouldn't have equal protection of the laws, but his comments are deliberately insensitive and provocative and meant to grab headlines.  Real racists could certainly pick them up and see them as promoting their cause. 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »

The problem with Rush is that his stuff is always taken out of context.  For example, "Barack the Magic Negro" is a parody tune he played on his show - but the description of Barack as a "magical Negro" who could banish white guilt was lifted directly out of an article by a liberal, black, L.A. TIMES columnist.  The man was bemoaning the fact that Obama was not "legitimately" black because he had not gone throught the Civil Rights movement. The novelty tune (sung in a passable imitation of the Rev. Al Sharpton) dwells on that theme, and was composed and played to show that it's actually liberals who spend all their time complaining and moaning about race, while most conservatives are not nearly as bothered by it.  Yet when a conservative makes any comment about race, he is crucified in the media, while liberals continue to get away with statements that are far more outrageous.

I despise racism - coming from the South makes me all the more sensitive to it.  But I don't like double standards either.  I just think that those who criticize Rush tend to be people who have never actually listened to the man in more than isolated sound bites.  I am not a dittohead, and I do not always agree with him.  But he gets more of a bum rap than he deserves sometimes.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rush Limbaugh: Miss America Pageant Judge and Possible Rams Owner « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.