Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:04:09 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  This Health Care Reform Thing « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: This Health Care Reform Thing  (Read 6082 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »

See I agree fully with liberals that health care is a RIGHT not a privalege.

The question is why do we have a 3 trillion dollar budget and people who can't afford health care?

WHy don't we allow people to deduct health care cost from their income tax and lower the budget to meet the gap?

I'd much rather spend more money on a better health plan and less on wars and subsidies for the well connected on capitol hill.

better yet, just eliminate the income tax.  then we'll all have plenty of money to spend on health care!

But I'm NOT for adding to our already enormous budget and debt.  

I also think John Mackeys ideas on health care are the best I've heard

venomx
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 01:15:42 PM »

I agree ... health care should be a RIGHT, not a privalege.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 03:19:45 PM »

also we should both learn how to spell privelege.

this is why i don't get government.  Why are we supposed to deny ourselves basic stuff like health care and decent schools and roads so washington can form all these committees to do all this stuff.

shouldn't we take care of the basics first?
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »

Let me just say one thing: I'm 16!  I'm not supposed to care about this stuff.  At least none of my friends don't. 

Well, hey, I won't hold your youth against ya.  I think it's great that you're taking an interest in issues that'll affect you in the future!  Although I'd caution you to be sure and leave plenty of room to think about other, less than serious adolescent stuff, otherwise you'll burn out pretty quick! 

Watching too much of the news is unhealthy... :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
venomx
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »

I was looking at yours lol ... privilege* Twirling
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 07:48:41 AM »

The worst thing to ever happen to the US health care system is the HMO.  When these came on the scene they were supposed to help lower the cost, but what they ended up doing is taking the money away from doctors and giving it to the insurance companies.

Since all the doctor's fees are set by the insurance companies, the doctor has to run his office like an assembly line. Haven't you noticed they spend very little time talking to anyone because they have to see so many patients in order to earn a living and pay for the extra office help they have to have to arrange referrals and do insurance paper work.

This has gotten so bad that there is severe shortage of doctors practicing family care.  Most medical students are now going into the high paying specialties.

One thing in all this fuss over government run health care is these senior citizens protesting for them to keep government away from Medicare.  If you don't know what that is, it is a government funded and administered health care system in the US for retired seniors and physically disabled folks.  It's been a big success since being  instituted during the Johnson Administration back in the 1960s. We pay a tax  for it every pay period along with our social security.

Some have wondered why we don't just extend it to everyone (it would cost a helluva lot).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:53:09 AM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  This Health Care Reform Thing « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.