Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:47:38 PM
714250 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deacon Bill Mason - Right-Wing Fascist « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Deacon Bill Mason - Right-Wing Fascist  (Read 8396 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 10:07:27 AM »

I do believe, however, that mankind himself is a unique creation, imbued by God with in immortal soul that is crafted in the Creator's own image.  That is where our creative impulse comes from.  In nothing does man so much resemble his maker as in his desire to create for the sake of creating.

I've always been mystified with people's belief that "being made in God's image" means that he physically looks like us. Even as a child I believed that this meant we were given a creative mind, a soul, and a conscience.

I see that, if there were a creator (a god), then it would be further evolved than man, far removed from any mould for flesh and bone, but a being of pure energy or an alien force, that is sexless and of no fixed race. The only thing that freaks me out is, if a "god" exists, then who created it, who created its creator and so on, and so on.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:17:16 AM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »

Have you yelled at him yet, Circus ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 10:40:13 AM »

He wouldn't speak to me at the church and I recieved and email about 10mins ago in which he put: "I have no time to deal with a low-life Marxist".

Doggett

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »

He wouldn't speak to me at the church and I recieved and email about 10mins ago in which he put: "I have no time to deal with a low-life Marxist".

That's becuase he scared you could 'ave 'im in an argument.
What a coward.

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »

The only thing that freaks me out is, if a "god" exists, then who created it, who created its creator and so on, and so on.

When I was but a wee lad, I went to Catholic school (kindergarten until 8th grade, in fact), and I actually remember in the 7th grade or so... asking that exact question.

They just looked at me cross, and that was it. Lol.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »

The only thing that freaks me out is, if a "god" exists, then who created it, who created its creator and so on, and so on.

When I was but a wee lad, I went to Catholic school (kindergarten until 8th grade, in fact), and I actually remember in the 7th grade or so... asking that exact question.

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school but I became disillusioned with it all by age 14. They never liked you to ask questions or debate anything. I remember one guy got suspended and kicked out of religious studies for "asking too many questions". I also remember my religious studies teacher claiming that his class was more important that maths, science and english!! I don't know about you but praying doesn't sort out my tax rebate and I think the bible requires some level of literacy to understand.  Lookingup

Doggett

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »

praying doesn't sort out my tax rebate....

Oh, what you trying to claim back ?

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 11:40:46 AM »

praying doesn't sort out my tax rebate....

Oh, what you trying to claim back ?

Just an example, that's all.  Smile

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school but I became disillusioned with it all by age 14. They never liked you to ask questions or debate anything. I remember one guy got suspended and kicked out of religious studies for "asking too many questions". I also remember my religious studies teacher claiming that his class was more important that maths, science and english!! I don't know about you but praying doesn't sort out my tax rebate and I think the bible requires some level of literacy to understand.  Lookingup

Yeah, much the same here. My school wasn't quite as, dare I say, fascistic, but by the time I was in high school I was an atheist. Nowadays, I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm 100% atheistic, but I'm not willing to pull out the agnostic card. I've occasionally described myself as a "lapsing atheist," but mostly I'm just mixed-up. Ever since my whole near-death medical emergency, ya know? It's like that old saying, about how there's now such thing as an atheist on a falling airplane. It's just kind of, in a crisis like that, it's almost instinctual to resort back to the beliefs that were instilled in you from childhood, even if on a conscious level you no longer believe them (or claim to believe them). And then that kind shook up my whole belief structure in general, and I'm not even sure what I am or what I believe. Aaaaaaaaand... I'm rambling. Didn't mean to do that. ANYWAY, what I was gonna say was... yeah, I see it a lot from people who went to Catholic school. It seems like the best way to KEEP your kids from Catholicism, is to send 'em to Catholic school. Most people seem to get burnt out from the nonstop exposure, disillusioned (like you), or just so freaking repressed that they out-and-out reject the whole thing and go hog wild when they get free of it.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »

I HATE it when people who claim to be Christians pull stuff like that!  Your questions are just as worthy of answer as anyone else's.  I will answer, or at least try to answer, any question about matters of faith you care to put to me, and I won't insult you for asking them!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »

This is my problem with these "young earth" folks.   Darwin's theory has nothing to do with the creation of life on this planet.  Those who claim to be people of faith spend too much time trying to make proof for the "how and when" of the creation instead of having faith in the "Who and why".  Evolution to me is blatantly evident all around doesn't conflict in anyway with the Biblical creations story .
I do believe, however, that mankind himself is a unique creation, imbued by God with in immortal soul that is crafted in the Creator's own image.  That is where our creative impulse comes from.  In nothing does man so much resemble his maker as in his desire to create for the sake of creating.
I've always been mystified with people's belief that "being made in God's image" means that he physically looks like us. Even as a child I believed that this meant we were given a creative mind, a soul, and a conscience.
Not sure you're being fair, Trekgeezer, and I don't agree with Indianasmith but understand what he's written is to describe the resemblance between us mortals and God the almighty, not our looks but our inclination.   Wink  I think what you've said, true enough, is apparent in what Indiana had said.   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 07:18:17 AM »

I don't know which part for sure is  unfair, but I do see a difference between people of real faith and those who only purport to have faith in order to push an agenda. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
3mnkids

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 08:11:23 AM »

I don't know which part for sure is  unfair, but I do see a difference between people of real faith and those who only purport to have faith in order to push an agenda. 

Yep. The kind the pray, go to church, practice what they preach..etc.  Then there are the other ones, the ones that use the bible like a sword to hurt those they think beneath them all the while not practicing what they preach. yep, not a fan of the second kind. 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 12:02:56 PM »

Circus, my take is that your wasting your energy fighting this guy.  I used to get outraged by this stuff when I was younger.  After a decade or so of trying to argue with these sorts of folks, I realized that it's not worth it.  You can't change his opinion by using logic.   

He's making the same mistake, basically.  From the quotes you selected, he seems to believe that he has logical arguments, and once the unbelievers read them, they will be convinced of the error of their ways.  But he's really just preaching to the choir, there's nothing in that tract that's going to change anyone's opinion.

In my opinion, the worst crime the guy can be accused of is littering for stuffing unsolicited propaganda under your door. 

It's different on these boards: we're among friends, we know each other as real people, not anonymous folks behind closed doors.  We can carry on a civilized and respectful debate about these issues without too many hurt feelings.  Your Deacon doesn't sound interested in a debate where he might learn something new.  He's got all the answers already, poor guy.  Nothing to do about someone like that but just smile at him condescendingly, and move on with your life.     

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 12:13:52 PM »

Thanks Rev, and I know you're right. I just wanted to make a splash about it, because it did get to me and I know that other people may not be bothered or even worse, may listen to him. Darwinism in particular is a subject close to my heart, to see it taken out of context and used to make ghastly assumptions, well I couldn't bear it. I know I'm not going to get a decent discussion or rational answers from a man like that. I already feel he has made a fool of himself, I think he knows that too. So, I shall be the bigger man and not continue to let it bother me or to vent  in all the ways that I have tried to.  Smile

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deacon Bill Mason - Right-Wing Fascist « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.