Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:54:07 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The difference in moderators/webmasters/everyone « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The difference in moderators/webmasters/everyone  (Read 14171 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »

Ash (goodness I still think of you as "Ashthecat"), I honestly think that what you may be reacting to is the series of 'in-jokes' that have developed.  Continuations of previous conversations -  often a keyword or phrase - that creep into (and divert?) other posts.  It is easy to get feeling 'left out' when such references are made; but nobody is intentionally excluding anyone.

It's not that Newt.  It's something else. (thank you for your input, though)

When I wrote to Andrew telling him how I felt about this, I knew that either he or I would eventually ask everyone here on this board what they personally felt.
I predicted that most everyone would say that there's nothing wrong and there are no cliques here and I was right.

However, I still can't shake this feeling that something has changed.
You don't spend almost 10 years posting regularly on a board without really, really getting to know the ins and outs of every aspect of it.
I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it's definitely there. 
Kind of a "sixth sense feeling" so to speak.  This forum seems somehow different than it did a year ago.

Ash, as pushing my 8-10 year mark, I have to disagree... Things here are not really cliquey.  Or maybe I'm on the inside.  Could be you have been busy and lost the thread of the posts.  I knwo you have had some odd stuff happening. It happened to me after the baby was born and took a year to get the wheels back under me.  We still like you and I'm sure your e-mail with the REAL board links and your password to the VIP got misplaced.  Its the one Subject lined "SUPER V1A9ra" as a code word.  Hang in there man.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 07:06:47 PM »

I still can't shake this feeling that something has changed.
You don't spend almost 10 years posting regularly on a board without really, really getting to know the ins and outs of every aspect of it.
I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it's definitely there. 
Kind of a "sixth sense feeling" so to speak.  This forum seems somehow different than it did a year ago.
Hmmm.  I think I've been here almost as long.   Buggedout   It seems like there used to be a larger group of 'regulars' who posted in a friendly but fairly impersonal way.  Now there are definite friendships and affinities going on and more talk and joking on a personal level and it feels like a relatively tighter, smaller group as a whole.  Some members (myself included) tend to focus on certain topics - and our paths may not cross much at all as a consequence.  I know I have not seen many posts from you in a while: I would assume that is because you have been posting in areas where I don't tend to go as much.  There are boards where I rarely venture and my own reaction when I do take a peek is to feel like an outsider there - not at all a reflection of how anyone reacts to me.  Or at least that is how it seems from my perspective.

Ash, it is fairly distressing  that you would 'sense' a cliquishness developing here.  I am sure I am not the only one who feels that.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 12:29:10 AM »

...This forum seems somehow different than it did a year ago.
And different than it did two years ago.  I expect you've seen a lot of changes for as long as you've been around.  Under 3 years, I'm still a newbie.  Thanks again for the great Wonka gif.   Thumbup
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 07:05:02 AM »

I don't know if there are cliques, but people do seem to divide up by interest.  Back in the old days with the Phorum software, there were no categories or different boards. Just a long list of posts.

I believe back when I was a moderator  it just said moderator under your screen name.  I never even noticed the slimes.  I think the board has a much larger active membership now and to tell the truth there have always been some folks here that post way more than others.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:53:17 AM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »

I think the board has much larger active membership now and to tell the truth there have always been some folks here that post way more than others.

*ahem*

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »

Hey Brother Doggett, I used to live on this board before we even had posting stats and karma points. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Doggett

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 10:14:30 AM »

Hey Brother Doggett, I used to live on this board before we even had posting stats and karma points. 

WOW

You're a real trooper.  Smile

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »

the working class proletariat will rise up and replace the moderator class with themselves then the real tyranny wil begin in the name of equality
venomx
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »

Allhallowsday, you should have The Chocolate Master or The Candy Maker under your name Thumbup
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:11:35 PM by Venomx » Logged
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 08:29:26 PM »

[/quote]

This got me thinking, according to my post log I first posted here in 2003.  I know I was a lurker here quite a while before I started posting, but I just know I was on here posting in at least 2002 if not sooner. 

But back to your original point Ash, I definitely think the board "feels" different then it did before.  I think people are just a bit more chummy and there are a lot more inside jokes going around.  I don't remember there being so many inside jokes before.  I guess it doesn't really bother me because I don't care why, for example, we tend to talk about some people's under pants.   Wink

I am not saying it is worse or better, but I definitely can see why you think it seems a bit different.  This is still one of the greatest boards on the internet, so no worries!
dean

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »

Over the years I've noticed the board has changed slightly, but then again so have the people.  More brits for one.  Wink  I think that's a natural progression of having new personalities with new tastes.

That being said, I've kept a ghostly presence here, and haven't been on as much or as regular as I once was, so I haven't noticed anything other than Doggett pretty much making it his personal mission to post on every single thread...  Thumbup

I also never noticed the slime vs stars thing.  I guess I'm too busy looking at the pictures and having nightmares about Gene Wilder [thanks Allhallows...]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Doggett

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 08:59:52 AM »

I haven't noticed anything other than Doggett pretty much making it his personal mission to post on every single thread...  Thumbup

Hey, we've all gotta have a dream !  Wink

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 03:07:21 AM »

It's a mighty good thing this forum seems to attract new blood. After all, if it didn't, we'll all probably turn into crotchedty old folks (not that I gots anything really against dem folks mind you) talking about the same darn thing over and over again and telling the same tired stories repeatedly (kindas like my father and his friends now that I think about it). New people bring new ideas to the table for us to talk about repeatedly  Wink but eh some new inputs there uh? TeddyR Yes good stuff bye'

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Doggett

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 07:40:51 AM »

we'll all probably turn into crotchedty old folks

Dude what have you got against Trekgeezer ?

....telling the same tired stories repeatedly
Leave Trekgeezer alone, man !

Wink TeddyR

I'm having, fun, Trekgeezer. You're one of my faves.  Thumbup

Paquita

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »

No slime envy here..

but since we're all making wishes - I vote for rainbow hearts instead of yellow stars.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The difference in moderators/webmasters/everyone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.