Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:51:31 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Strangeness « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Strangeness  (Read 21683 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 18, 2009, 10:04:58 AM »

This creature feature follows the standard monster movie checklist without flaw.  However, the stop-motion horror is a real humdinger, because it looks like a woo mama.  I had no idea that those grew that big!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:29:38 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »

Hmm... the basis of this movie sounds like the opening to Tremors 4 and a bunch of the scenes from Eight Legged Freaks.  Maybe that's just me though.

From what it sounds like, it is a basic simple monster movie that uses every cliche in the book.  Alright, simple enough.  If gets that part right, then it is a decent b-movie.  How did you find this movie anyways?  Also, is Cindy Dan's wife?  If so, does she end up hooking up with Geoff in the end, because that sure seems like a quick rebound to me.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
justin
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:13:54 PM »

This one sounds fun & I'd love to add it to my Netflix list, but sadly the Code Red company won't send their latest movies (like this one, along with TRAPPED (1982) & CHOKE CANYON - 2 other movies I'd like to see) to Netflix.

I guess if I can find it cheap somewhere online, I'll buy it. But I rather rent it first or watch it on You Tube if possible.

I do think vagina monsters need to make a comeback. You don't see them very often at all.   BounceGiggle
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 03:37:14 AM »

The prospect of becoming mommy parts chow completely freaks out Mr. Morgan. He runs off into the dark tunnels; the rampaging poontang monster promptly gobbles him up.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

Great review, thanks, Andrew!

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Dorian Gray
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 09:05:57 AM »

But does it queef?
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 11:06:32 AM »

I've always had a love of the old "hey, let's get the friends together and make a movie" efforts. I may now have to add this film to my collection. Outside of "Battle Beyond The Sun," you don't see too many genital monsters.
yannick
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »

You did it again, i have been looking for this movie for ages, not remembering the title, I saw this back in 1986 and i was scared to death, thank you once again for another great find, and i can even buy it this time on amazon the movie is not out of print Yippie.
BigPaulieVirgo
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »

Seriously...see? I knew these two movies were nothing more than subliminal abstinence films in disguise..
I mean, look at both monsters? Can you imagine being with your date, in full 'randiness' mode, and then watching these two back-to-back? Trust, I'd probably be ready to repent of my sins, and join the monastery--believing that all women's 'naughty bits' were going to up and eat me, if I chanced to take a peek at them....

Sounds like a good, cliche-filled monster movie by-the-numbers...

Big Paulie Virgo
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 03:36:31 PM »

I've always had a love of the old "hey, let's get the friends together and make a movie" efforts. I may now have to add this film to my collection. Outside of "Battle Beyond The Sun," you don't see too many genital monsters.

Never seen the film myself, but would like to point out to everyone the Penisaurus in 1974's "Flesh Gordon, which is apparently voiced by Craig T. Nelson.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 07:41:55 AM »

Hmm... the basis of this movie sounds like the opening to Tremors 4 and a bunch of the scenes from Eight Legged Freaks.  Maybe that's just me though.

"Eight Legged Freaks" and the "Tremors" movies both used a lot of the standard monster movie formula, so that would make sense. 

How did you find this movie anyways?  Also, is Cindy Dan's wife?  If so, does she end up hooking up with Geoff in the end, because that sure seems like a quick rebound to me.

I ran across this film years ago, I believe while I was looking for other monster movies.  In this case, it was either while "digging" or reading through a book.  Sometimes I go digging in the IMDb for certain kinds of films, other times I've run across them while trying to find a movie for a "what was that film" search.  Anyway, after finding out about "The Strangeness" I picked up a worn VHS.  Reviewing it interested me, but I decided to wait on a DVD release because the VHS was so poor quality.  I've had that VHS for 3 or 4 years, so it's been sitting in the back of my mind for a while.

Cindy is Dan's wife.  At the end of the film she does cling to Geoff, but they never kiss or show or any sort of romantic interest.  Of course, Dan did save her from being eaten by a giant stop-motion vagina.  If he asks her out on a date she will probably say yes.

Tentacle hentai flicks are full of them, but the focus of the genre is sex and monsters - so go figure.

You did it again, i have been looking for this movie for ages, not remembering the title, I saw this back in 1986 and i was scared to death, thank you once again for another great find, and i can even buy it this time on amazon the movie is not out of print Yippie.

Cheers!

This one sounds fun & I'd love to add it to my Netflix list, but sadly the Code Red company won't send their latest movies (like this one, along with TRAPPED (1982) & CHOKE CANYON - 2 other movies I'd like to see) to Netflix.

There was some sort of distribution gaff when the Code Red DVD of "The Strangeness" was recently released.  It caused a delay in Amazon getting the film for sale, and ordering problems on a number of websites.  Is the problem that Code Red will not send their latest movies to Netflix, or could it be that the distribution issue caused this?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 04:53:53 PM »

OMG, that monster! I about died watching the video clip. The look on that guy's face was like, "I wish I had a 2 by 4 strapped to my backside right about now"!

Put this movie on a double bill with "Teeth" and you'd have a real effective recruiting tool for the monastery right there.

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »

One more thing:
Geologists are trained to recognize different ores by their taste.

I believe that's known as "the Yukon Cornelius method".

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 02:58:43 PM »

Buggedout
Let me guess...the list of 'euphanisims for viginas' on the computer is tapped out now, right?

How DO you do it? Drugs, booze or is it an inborn humbness to insanity that lets you function after movies like this?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »

One more thing:
Geologists are trained to recognize different ores by their taste.

I believe that's known as "the Yukon Cornelius method".

Ha!

Buggedout
Let me guess...the list of 'euphanisims for viginas' on the computer is tapped out now, right?

How DO you do it? Drugs, booze or is it an inborn humbness to insanity that lets you function after movies like this?

There are actually a lot more words for that part of a woman's body, but not many of them are appropriate for this site.  "Woo mama" is one that I made up on the fly; it seemed oddly appropriate.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Strangeness « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.