Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:02:31 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Paranormal Activity *spoilers* « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Paranormal Activity *spoilers*  (Read 8632 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 18, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »

*spoilers*

Certainly a movie that started small and got big due to demand via word-of-mouth. When I heard from some people that it was more about subtle horror and psychological stuff I became very interested because I'm tired of CGI and gore driven 'horror' movies.

I enjoyed it. I simply love these camera movies, like Blair Witch, where they use good old fashioned tricks, none of this CGI stuff, or over-relying on gore, when there's a jump-scare its actually quite scary, good stuff. People try to figure what happened and why and that just makes the film funner.

Sadly I hear there was an alternate ending that was changed by Spielberg's suggestion, but I hope we get to see both on DVD. Not to say I dislike the ending but I think the original may have been better.

This film kind of has a strange subtle quality too it, its like a nightmare where only a few people exist. Sure you wonder why they act stupid, some sum it up to the Demon's influence, some say the boyfriend was too much of a macho idiot. No nothing is perfect but its a breathe of fresh air and I think those who made it are quite talented.

Good god what scenes involving the demon weren't scary? Certainly those higher on the list:
-The demon's foot prints.
-Dragging the woman out of bed.
-The part where she feels it breathing on her.

God damn I'm going to be afraid when I go to sleep tonight.

So if you're sick of bloody 'horror' films I say give this one a shot. I approve!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:03:14 AM »

Funny ~ I was just about to start a thread asking if anyone had seen this and what they thought.  Smile

I hope it'll be released soon in South Africa and not straight to DVD, local distributors!!!  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:36:31 PM »

For those who don't know it, this film is playing in theatres now.  Pretty incredible it got a theatrical wide release actually.  I'm going to see it soon.
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 01:40:46 PM »

I'm hoping that a theater near where I live in Roanoke, VA will get this now that it's expanding into wider release. Had a chance to see if with some friends in Raleigh-Durman, NC but too much of a ride for me at the time.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 10:27:32 AM »

Just watched it. Its got some freaky parts got me creeped out a little. The boyfriend was kinda a douche, should have just listened to his women. Didn't care much for the ending was hoping for a dramatic finish. Also why is the scene in the commercial with the guy getting thrown not in the final cut.

Smells like popcorn and shame
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »

Also why is the scene in the commercial with the guy getting thrown not in the final cut.

I think that's part of the ending, actually. 

I thought it was pretty good.  A lot better than Blair Witch, which I always thought was a little overrated.  Lots of great jump scares, and an overall creepy atmosphere that keeps you involved the whole time.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 09:30:50 PM »

It was OK, worth a watch.  I would save my money and catch it on DVD.  Since all the action takes place in one house, it may actually be scarier to watch it at home than it was in the theater. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »

Saw this yesterday and thought it was great!
Some of the stuff that happens in it is genuinely creepy.  It's one of those movies where scenes from it will pop into your head days later and you can't stop thinking about it.
If you're susceptible to nightmares, this movie will give them to you.

I agree with Rev's advice about watching it at home.
Wait for it to come out on DVD, pop it in and turn all the lights off.
It will freak you out.

3.5 stars out of 4   Thumbup

*SPOILERS*

The freakiest scene for me was when Katie was literally dragged out of bed.
Or when she would get up and just stand there for hours in the middle of the night.
One thing the movie needed was a glimpse of the demon.  A pair of glowing eyes or something.  Or a glimpse of it when Micah's camera panned past one of the mirrors in the house.

The ending I saw was the one where Katie throws Micah into the camera, kneels down by his body, sniffs him, gives the camera a long eerie stare and then hits the camera causing it to fall.
The End.

HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 02:33:06 PM »

Is it possible to have spoilers for such a simple and cheap movie? It goes from potentially subtle to laughably blunt 1/4 in. It was not exorcist, it was not blair witch, it was not even cloverfield.  Thumbdown

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Caronte
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »

Well, it could have last 40 minutes less and it would be better. I don't like the attitude of Micah, just annoying all the movie, it has good scenes

*****SPOILER*********

The best is the one in wich "something" takes her of her foot and take her out the bedroom

******** END SPOILER **********

I saw in my bedroom at 3.00 am after going party and I was looking behind me every few minutes  BounceGiggle

BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 03:36:03 PM »

I saw it yesterday, and yes, I was scared to go to bed.

SPOILER:
Jesus Christ I love how the monster is never revealed, I am eternally scared because I have to wonder what it looks like. The footprints and the bizarre teeth marks are all that I need.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 09:22:42 PM »

Coming into this late...I picked this up from Blue Box tonight, I am both impressed and creeped out.  The absolute genius of this film is it's lack of special effects.  So many times can one watch a movie with a high budget with tons of blood and guts.  This film delivered the punch of 10 of those films with minimalistic special effects.

SPOILERS

As mentioned by many, the part where Katie is dragged down the hallway is goosebump inducing.  However, the minor things are just as strong.  For example, the part at the end where Katie explains to her boyfriend how "everything is going to be ok".  You know she at that point is possessed.  

As for the endings, I saw the both on the disc.  The part where Katie chucks her boyfriend into the camera, stares into the camera and attacks it.  Then theres the other one where Katie apparently kills her boyfriend, looks into the camera and cuts her throat.  Both I find  are absolutely scary.  

END SPOILERS

The boyfriend was a d!ck but I think he captures what many macho idiots would do in real life.  Aka, make matters much, much worse.  For me, I doubt the film will have much of a re-watch factor but my dollar was well spent.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 09:20:13 AM »

I saw it a couple of weeks ago with the Rifftrax. I'd highly recommend it to add an extra dimension to any repeat viewings.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
3mnkids

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »

I really liked this. Towards the end when she lets out that blood curdling scream, I freaked. It scared the crap out of me.   TeddyR   

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 10:01:48 AM »

I agree.  It was pretty awesome.  Very creepy ending . . . both of them were, actually.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Paranormal Activity *spoilers* « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.