Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:25:52 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  I Think They Won't Be Happy Until Everyone Hates Them « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I Think They Won't Be Happy Until Everyone Hates Them  (Read 8439 times)
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »

My ex girlfriend's father raised beef cattle.  The first time I had a steak at their house he asked me what cut I wanted and how I wanted it done.  I told him just run the cow by the table, I'll take what I want. 

And thus, I was made a part of the family. 

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »

Waitress:  "How do you want that cooked?"

My response:  "As bloody as possible."

Reminds me of one of the best lines in The Cowboy Way.

"Just knock its horns off, wipe its nasty old ass and chunk it down on a plate."

When asked one time in a restaurant how I wanted my steak, I told the waitress, "Get a cow, wipe its nose and its ass, show it a picture of a candle and bring it out here."  She just looked at me for a second, nodded and a short while later, I had a steak that was gray on the outside, bloody on the inside and hot all the way through.  Make my tablemates want to vomit, but it was one of the best steaks I've ever had.  That lady got a huge tip.

Quite a few years back, a few of us used to hang around a body shop a friend of mine worked at. On the weekends, we used to drink beer and work on our cars or whatever. His boss was OK with it. Well, this one time, he was working an insanely long Saturday, and his boss grilled up an extra steak and brought it in for him. Huge, thick piece of meat. My buddy was in the paint booth at the time, and Larry, the boss, holds this thing next to the air blower that's feeding his suit. He's in there painting a car, and his hood is suddenly filled with this grilled meat aroma. But what sticks in my memory is the steak itself. This thing was a beautiful brown colour on the outside, with grill marks and everything, but totally red inside. I mean, there was no transition from brown to grey to pink to red. It was brown on the outside, red on the inside. The colour had no depth at all. I figure he must have got his grill about as hot as it would go, threw the steak on, gave it one good flip and took it off. At the time, I liked my steak a bit closer to shoe leather, but I've since taken a liking to medium rare. I've tried to duplicate that steak and have yet to succeed. I make a great steak, but that particular trick eludes me. Getting a deep brown outside and an ultra-rare inside is a hell of a skill.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  I Think They Won't Be Happy Until Everyone Hates Them « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.