Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:10:50 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Lost in translation « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lost in translation  (Read 2094 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: October 19, 2009, 11:19:26 AM »

The Telegraph Herald up in Dubuque, Iowa spotted an Indian tour company's review of some of the local attractions.

"Boating trips along the Upper river brings you threesome steps fireman to nature and wildlife as precipitous hills stop sexy naif forests and wildlife preserves," according to the review. "Glimpses of diminutive towns and villages are circumpolar on either lateral gift you the see of stepping into added world, ease still adjoining with your cityfied existence."

I'm still trying to figure out what a sexy naif forest would be.  Any ideas?

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

beautiful virgin

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
3mnkids

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »

Did Sarah Palin write that?  Smile

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »

And what is the fireman up to, exactly?

(3mnkids: I don't see any reference to moose: shouldn't there be moose?)

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »

And what is the fireman up to, exactly?

(3mnkids: I don't see any reference to moose: shouldn't there be moose?)

yep, you betcha! She is slipping.  Smile  This is my favorite part of the review.

If travel finished the museum watch digit pass to the incoming makes you poverty to apprehensiveness and behave for a bit, you crapper do so over a prize of drink at the café.
   Buggedout

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 12:52:35 PM »

Here's a good one:

Of course, do not meet be satisfied with watch past landmarks from your voyage ship. Walk into them and undergo story reaching alive. That is, after you ordered your feet backwards on land. Visit the river University for Women, the prototypal of its category in America. Do not woman the past University of river in Oxford. Doesn’t anulus a bell? Perhaps you undergo it meliorate by its soubriquet – Ole Miss.

What does Doesn’t anulus a bell? mean?
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 02:05:16 PM »

Engrish, gotta love it. Here is what they said about my home state of Alabama.
Beautiful Alabama
Alabama is an awful traveler instruction with so whatever elating places to wager and experience. Muskogean is bag to whatever of the concern collection traveler destinations.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »

Engrish, gotta love it. Here is what they said about my home state of Alabama.
Beautiful Alabama
Alabama is an awful traveler instruction with so whatever elating places to wager and experience. Muskogean is bag to whatever of the concern collection traveler destinations.

I've been meaning to ask you where in Alabama are you from? I was born in Sylacauga (home of the infamous Sylacuaga Meteorite!!) and grew up in Guntersville.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »

I've been meaning to ask you where in Alabama are you from? I was born in Sylacauga (home of the infamous Sylacuaga Meteorite!!) and grew up in Guntersville.
I'm in Tuscaloosa, about 10 minutes from the University of Alabama campus, right along one of the main routes to Bryant-Denny Stadium. On game days we either stay at home or wait until after kickoff before trying to make even a short trip then make sure to be home before the game ends.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Raffine

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »

I'm in Tuscaloosa, about 10 minutes from the University of Alabama campus, right along one of the main routes to Bryant-Denny Stadium. On game days we either stay at home or wait until after kickoff before trying to make even a short trip then make sure to be home before the game ends.

Cool! My sister went to Alabama during the 80's and I visited many times. Great town.

I can certainly empathize with your situation. For years I lived near the stadium in Nashville where the Titans play.  You had to plan your escape early on game days or resign yourself to staying in your neighborhood.

Of course, this year I imagine traffic for Titans games may not be a problem. TeddyR

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 07:12:32 AM »

I live about 200 yards from the Mississippi river, aka the "river River", which they describe:

What meliorate artefact to rediscover the example and story of the dweller heartland than to go on a voyage downbound the river River?

Yes, what meliorate artefact indeed. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 09:27:20 PM »

They have another really great article called Migrate to Canada.  A quote:

Canada, a envisage land for jillions crossways the world, attracts thousands of grouping to shack forever.
Raffine

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Many rides and penalization shows are inactivity to contemplate you in a unequalled behavior at Dolly Parton’s Dollywood. Rock ‘n’ Roll every the artefact to Elvis Presley’s locate titled Graceland. You crapper wager his rattling famous sound Cadillac and his bespoken plane Lisa Marie.

TRANSLATION: Visit Beautiful Tennessee and get stared at by Dolly Parton's S&M roller coaster. Then visit Graceland and take a dump in Elvis' noisy car and talking plane on a bet.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 07:40:52 AM »

They have another really great article called Migrate to Canada.  A quote:

Canada, a envisage land for jillions crossways the world, attracts thousands of grouping to shack forever.

Damn. The secret's out.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Lost in translation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.