Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:50:36 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Been Fired? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Have you ever been fired from a job?
Yes...once - 2 (9.5%)
Yes...many times - 4 (19%)
No - 13 (61.9%)
I've never had a job - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ever Been Fired?  (Read 5940 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 05:13:55 PM »

Never been fired, but I've been written up a couple times.  Once was at Wal-Mart for going over five hours without taking a lunch break.  Yeah, sounds weird, but that's the state standard, and if we don't clock out by that time the company gets dinged.  In the case of someone working on the sales floor, we control our own breaks and lunches, and are therefore responsible for clocking out on time. 

The other time was a few months ago at my current job at the hospital.  I thought I was supposed to work at 1 PM, but was supposed to be in a 9 AM.  I noticed this at 9:45 AM, called the office and told them I was going to be in.  It went down on my record as an "unexcused absence," which automatically nets you a write up. 
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 08:07:46 AM »

Haven't specifically been fired, but once the part time job I had just stopped rostering me on, so I suppose it's a technical firing: they didn't tell me to go look elsewhere, they just made it so that I had to get another job.

Thumbdown

Basically the shop I worked for got sold to new people and rather than keep the regulars and re-train them in their way of doing things, they figured it'd be easier to 'force' people into leaving by not rostering them on, then they could start a-fresh from the start.

They even had a book where they would write notes for staff members and once used it to have a go at me for not doing some job right, but nobody ever had taught me how to do it right in the first place, and I had to wing it [nobody was around].

Eh...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »

No, I've never been fired before, mostly because I never had a job before outside of simple babysitting work and dog trainning.  Once I told not to come back for volunteering at one place (Long story, you have to be there to understand) when I was 14.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 03:21:32 PM »

I've never been fired before, but I have had to fire people.  It's not as much fun as you might think (but it's still a lot better than being fired). 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »

No, but I've come close a couple of times. But, I don't have to worry about being fired now that I'm retired. I was in my last job long enough I could retire with a decent pension that paid for all my needs. And as my health has taken a turn for the worst, I may never work again. Thus, no need to worry about ever being fired.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »

I have had to terminate (either by firing or lay-offs) several employees over the course of my career.  Some of them were people I considered to be friends outside of work.  It's tough, but often necessary and I wouldn't want to be on the other end of it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »

I've never been fired before, but I have had to fire people.  It's not as much fun as you might think (but it's still a lot better than being fired). 
I've had to do this several times myself, no matter what the reason for the firing is it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I just hate to do it to anyone.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Been Fired? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.