Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:13:57 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "Men Are Stupid" « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "Men Are Stupid"  (Read 8075 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 22, 2009, 11:29:16 AM »

So I had to go in for lab work this morning and a woman was in there before me with the woman drawing blood.  I sit down and the two are talking about the design of a room.  It went something like this...

"I bet a man designed this room because its done stupidly.  Yeah men don't know anything and are only good for a few things in life.  All men are idiots...blah blah blah..."  

So I guess my issue is, why the hell is man bashing so accepted in our society by certain (not all, especially not the ladies of this board a-hem) women.  I work with predominately women in my office and I hear sh*t like this all the time.  I brush it off but seriously, if I let them know if I were to retort with a snappy comment about female behavior half of them would run to HR calling me sexist.  That and why call men stupid?  Didn't men invent a lot of the usefull things we have now in our every day life?  

I'm not trying to stir up a war of the sexes on this board but do you ever wonder why this is acceptable but the minute a man says something somewhat sexist its a media uproar in many places?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:30:47 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 11:56:19 AM »

Oh, that sounds like a woman I'd really like to headbutt.
Ignorant, stupid, and hostile.
I think you should confront her, and point out her obvious narrow-mindedness.
3mnkids

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

I dont think its acceptable to man bash. These women were just being ignorant. If you have issues with women saying derogatory things about you or men in general at work you should say something. There is no need to tolerate that BS. Say something, tell them they are being catty b***hes.   TeddyR

I always preferred working with men, get a bunch of women together and its .. backstabbing, catty, know it all's all.day.long. No thanks.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:15:27 PM »

No men are evil liars, not stupid.  TongueOut

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »

I will admit to being stupid, in a life filled with stupidity the only smart thing I've ever done was to marry my wife, Poogie, just ask her, she'll tell you.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 02:53:47 PM »

I just chuckle and think "Some poor bastard's married to her". 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 03:38:14 PM »

I always preferred working with men, get a bunch of women together and its .. backstabbing, catty, know it all's all.day.long. No thanks.

Yeah I work with women, almost exclusively as I work at Tim Hortons, Though there are like 2 other guys. That is exactly how it is.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »

Men are not stupid just because they are men.  The way their minds tend to work simply can differ a great deal from the way women's minds do.

Unfortunately, IME the comment, "Must have been designed by a man" can be very valid.  From the masculine perspective if a thing works and meets the basic specifications for whatever it is supposed to be, it's good.  A woman may look at the finished product and see a thing that, while it may technically perform the actual intended function well enough, could have been made  more efficient in that intended use or better suited to its intended environment.  This is not stupidity: it is straight-line, single-task oriented thinking.  A man builds a cabinet with a sink.  It's a tidy job: the cabinet is plumb, good and solid and the plumbing is skillful.  A woman sees a sink that is too far from the work area and might have been better located at the other end of the counter or cabinet doors that might have better been hinged the other way because of the traffic patterns.  Calling that 'stupidity' is, well, stupid.

For completely separate reasons, I have to say that I too tend to prefer to work with men rather than women.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:55:16 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »

"women should stay home and make babies" - chun

exterminate all rational thought.....
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 02:23:05 AM »

My Mom ~ a feminist of note in her family ~ would not agree with that lady's statement.  TongueOut

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »

My wife hates this where she works, women constantly griping about their husbands. Everyone has their quirks and limitations, but it's unfair to call men in general stupid.

This not only is bad in the work place, it's everywhere.  Just watch some of the commercials on TV.  Men in general are the only demographic left that are allowed to be denigrated in public.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »

Doesn't bother me at all.  Frankly, it's only OK to bash men because we're still in control.  I would feel more offended if people felt the need to tiptoe around us and protect our tender feelings. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Raffine

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »

I've discovered if someone thinks you're stupid and hopelessly clueless it makes it much easier to get away with stuff. Thumbup

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 02:24:57 AM »

My fiancee says stuff like that sometimes.  I just roll my eyes and remind her that stupidity blooms on both sides of the fence. 
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 03:45:08 AM »

I've discovered if someone thinks you're stupid and hopelessly clueless it makes it much easier to get away with stuff. Thumbup

Exactly, set the bar low and then it's no surprise when you keep disappointing people.  TeddyR

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "Men Are Stupid" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.