Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:21 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "Men Are Stupid" « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Men Are Stupid"  (Read 8074 times)
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 11:02:10 PM »

My fiancee says stuff like that sometimes.  I just roll my eyes and remind her that stupidity blooms on both sides of the fence. 

Exactly.  When I hear that kind of stuff from women I let them know that I agree wholeheartedly.  Then I remind them not to forget that women are just as stupid.

It's not a man/woman thing.  It's a people thing.  I wish half the population was smart, but that's just not the case.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »

I always preferred working with men, get a bunch of women together and its .. backstabbing, catty, know it all's all.day.long. No thanks.

Yeah I work with women, almost exclusively as I work at Tim Hortons, Though there are like 2 other guys. That is exactly how it is.

That's how it was with me. From the day I graduated from graduate school to the day I retired, I worked in a profession that was about 80% women and 20% men. And I never had any problems with the women I worked with, except for a couple of them, and I just think they were mentally unbalanced. And the women never had any problems with me. Actually, I had women come up to me and say they prefered working with me rather than another woman, because as a man, I didn't have anything to prove.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »

These same women who think men are stupid are the same ones who want half of all the assets when they get a divorce even though the "stupid men" probably paid for 75% of the assets.  Come to think of it, I guess men ARE stupid for supporting their wives and then losing half of everything in divorce settlements.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BTM

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »

"I bet a man designed this room because its done stupidly.  Yeah men don't know anything and are only good for a few things in life.  All men are idiots...blah blah blah..."  

Err... that argument doesn't make a hell of a lot sense to me.  What, I wonder, was done "stupidly" about the room?  If they got into more details, maybe they'd have a point, but to just say something is "stupid" isn't really much of a critique, unless there's something OBVIOUSLY stupid about it. 

Course, with people like that, it's usually pointless to try and engage them in an intellectual conversation.

So I guess my issue is, why the hell is man bashing so accepted in our society by certain (not all, especially not the ladies of this board a-hem) women.  I work with predominately women in my office and I hear sh*t like this all the time.  I brush it off but seriously, if I let them know if I were to retort with a snappy comment about female behavior half of them would run to HR calling me sexist.

Because they're just venting because of all the centuries that women have been repressed and put down and made fun and still are subtly insulted and repressed today.  And besides, males are the few "fair game" targets that you can still make fun of (that and fat people.)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jim H

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »

Doesn't bother me at all.  Frankly, it's only OK to bash men because we're still in control.  I would feel more offended if people felt the need to tiptoe around us and protect our tender feelings. 

Well, that does imply we men are pretty damn nice, since we continuously tolerate women who bash us so much.  Kudos to men? 

Women with that attitude do irritate me at times, but I take comfort in the fact that I could take them in a fight if I had to.   Wink

On the more lunatic fringe of things:

http://users.livejournal.com/_allecto_/34718.html
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 06:12:27 PM »

They're just jealous because a man can (and will, given half a chance) father a child when he is 110 . . . and their babymakers pretty much shut down after 45.

I mean, think about it . . . . our clothes cost less, our hair will never have the power to make us cry, we never have to shave anything below the neck, we don't care if we gain weight or not, and the world is our urinal . . . .

can you blame them for being jealous and irritable?

I thank the good lord every day I was born "horned instead of cloven."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 07:06:55 AM »

...our hair will never have the power to make us cry, we never have to shave anything below the neck,

I beg to differ.  TeddyR

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "Men Are Stupid" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.