Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:16:16 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Two Plan 9 remakes???? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Two Plan 9 remakes????  (Read 9449 times)
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« on: October 24, 2009, 07:10:27 PM »

I'm sorry if this was posted before, but it's news to me.  I'm not sure if either of them have been released yet.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1238299/  AND http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440745/.  One's called Grave Robbers and one's called Plan 9.

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Here's Plan 9's trailer:
Small | Large
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 08:11:04 PM »

I wrote a little blurb on this issue on my site a couple of months ago: http://366weirdmovies.com/weird-horizon-for-the-week-of-5809-with-ill-advised-hollywood-remake-supplement/.   You can catch the uninspiring teaser trailer for GRAVEROBBERS there (too lazy to cut and paste right now).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »

The Graverobbers crap looks and sounds a bit like a Polonia film, but the actual Plan 9 remake could actually be endearing! Glad someone cares enough about Ed to make what he likely would have wished to make :P (I just hope they keep the solenoid bomb plot point, not just some nuclear message we've already heard)

Um, how (and why?) do you remake a movie that is notoriously considered the worst ever made?
Because we all know it's better to remake the things that don't really need it! Wink In other news but along the same vein, happy to hear about the sudden halt to Metropolis and Re-Animator

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 11:47:06 AM »

The Graverobbers crap looks and sounds a bit like a Polonia film, but the actual Plan 9 remake could actually be endearing! Glad someone cares enough about Ed to make what he likely would have wished to make :P (I just hope they keep the solenoid bomb plot point, not just some nuclear message we've already heard)

Um, how (and why?) do you remake a movie that is notoriously considered the worst ever made?
Because we all know it's better to remake the things that don't really need it! Wink In other news but along the same vein, happy to hear about the sudden halt to Metropolis and Re-Animator

I can't confirm the METROPOLIS & REANIMATOR remakes won't go ahead.  It's just at the time I wrote that article there hadn't been any movement on the projects for a significant period of time.   But just because something's listed as "in development" on the IMDB doesn't mean it's definitely going to happen.  Often it means nothing more than that they have an option to produce the picture. 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 01:04:40 PM »

I may be publicly caned for saying this, but that trailer makes the movie look pretty cool . . . .

what the heck.  It can't be worse than THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 02:23:41 PM »

It just looks like a generic zombie movie...until that flying meatball thing turns up at the end.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 02:44:42 PM »

what the heck.  It can't be worse than THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.

You talking of about the remake from last year?  With Kathy Bates and John Cleese?
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 03:36:09 PM »

I might as well resurrect this topic because I just heard some new news for the remake done by Darkstone Entertainment.  James Rolfe, otherwise known as The Angry Video Game Nerd, will be casted as Patrolman Jaime.  Any thoughts on this guy being apart of the movie.  Here's the annoucement straight from the man himself:

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=4834

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 03:45:25 PM »

I might as well resurrect this topic because I just heard some new news for the remake done by Darkstone Entertainment.  James Rolfe, otherwise known as The Angry Video Game Nerd, will be casted as Patrolman Jaime.  Any thoughts on this guy being apart of the movie.  Here's the annoucement straight from the man himself:

Hmm...  To be honest, it might not actually be that bad.  I will definitely be watching it, especially if AVGN is going to be in it.  Also, the website for the film is pretty sweet.  They have the entire original Plan 9 From Outer Space to watch for free.  http://www.plan9movie.com/index2.html  Just go under the History section of the flash.
Jim H

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 03:06:18 AM »

If he's involved, odds are the guys making it are good people.  Rolfe himself is a big Ed Wood fan.  Should be fun, I'd think.  The trailer is well-made.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 09:08:55 AM »

If it is well made, it can't do the original justice

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »

Any thoughts on this guy being apart of the movie. 

My thought is it's a gimmick.  Gimmicks sometimes work and they sometimes don't, so it tells me little one way or the other.  I think I may have seen the AVGN once and wasn't impressed, but I don't follow video games.  I guess he has a smallish cult following.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »

My thought is it's a gimmick.  Gimmicks sometimes work and they sometimes don't, so it tells me little one way or the other.  I think I may have seen the AVGN once and wasn't impressed, but I don't follow video games.  I guess he has a smallish cult following.

It could be considered being gimmick, but the guy is also a big time fan of Ed Wood movies and b-movies.  I think he could be good.  He especially seems excited about the role.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jim H

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »

My thought is it's a gimmick.  Gimmicks sometimes work and they sometimes don't, so it tells me little one way or the other.  I think I may have seen the AVGN once and wasn't impressed, but I don't follow video games.  I guess he has a smallish cult following.

As far as internet celebrity goes, he's pretty far up there.  There are few video game-related personalities more recognized.  I'd say he has a dedicated following of a few hundred thousand, and a casual audience millions more (his youtube account has total views exceeding 150 million, plus many millions more on gametrailers and screwattack).  Small compared to Hollywood, huge for the internet.

Considering the tone they're going for in the new Plan 9, I dunno how he'll work.  Rolfe does have more acting experience than might be guessed (considering the AVGN himself is a persona and his many dozens of short films with him in them), but I've yet to see anything really that dramatically serious from him.  

In any case, from what I recall of the original, the character is a relatively minor one anyway.  

One thing I'm curious about: are these actually fully legit remakes?  As in, they've actually paid for the rights to use the original storyline?  I have to admit, the idea of PAYING to use Plan 9's story boggles my mind.   Buggedout
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »

One thing I'm curious about: are these actually fully legit remakes?  As in, they've actually paid for the rights to use the original storyline?  I have to admit, the idea of PAYING to use Plan 9's story boggles my mind.   Buggedout

Being in the public domain they don't need to pay for any rights to remake it.

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Two Plan 9 remakes???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.