Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:39:24 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  old horror movie about a doll « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: old horror movie about a doll  (Read 131318 times)
angelmandymom
New Visitor

« on: October 25, 2009, 06:15:39 PM »

can someone please help me?  I am trying to remember the name of a horror movie i saw a long time ago......all i remeber is a women that got an african doll/figurine with a sash around it and when she removed the sash the doll came to life and started chashing her around the house with a knife....i also remeber her putting it in the dryer and it saying "chop,chop,chop" over and over, but thats about all i remember...if someone knows the name of this movie please help?    its not trilogy of terror, but i dont know the name.  the doll wears an indian headress and carries a little dagger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 06:41:51 PM »

can someone please help me?  I am trying to remember the name of a horror movie i saw a long time ago......all i remeber is a women that got an african doll/figurine with a sash around it and when she removed the sash the doll came to life and started chashing her around the house with a knife....i also remeber her putting it in the dryer and it saying "chop,chop,chop" over and over, but thats about all i remember...if someone knows the name of this movie please help?    its not trilogy of terror, but i dont know the name.  the doll wears an indian headress and carries a little dagger.

Did you rule out TRILOGY OF TERROR 2 also?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
angelmandymom
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 07:06:17 PM »

yeah thats not it...the women in the movie gets the doll for a gift and she toolkoff the sash on it because she didnt like the look of it and the doll came to life....all the doll says is "chop" over and over again quickly...but thanx anyway
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:39:11 PM »

I've seen this but can't remember what the title is.
This is going to drive me nuts trying to remember now.

For some reason I'm getting a Tales From the Darkside vibe.
I seem to remember it being a segment on a TV show.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 01:21:38 AM »

Is this perhaps the episode Charlie Boy from the Hammer House of Horror series?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »

Can you give a better idea of the period of the film? I.E. black and white, the decade, etc?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 06:44:46 PM »

Is this perhaps the episode Charlie Boy from the Hammer House of Horror series?

No, it is definitely not.  Charlie Boy was a completely inanimate object.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
angelmandymom
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »

i cheched the last few suggestions but they are not the movie....it was made sometime in the 60's-80's.....its almost like trilogy of terror was a remake of this movie
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »

Any of these fromhttp://www.roberthood.net/obsesses/evildolls.htm?

Angel (TV): "Smile Time" (ep. 5.102; 18 Feb. 2004; dir. Ben Edlund)
Asylum (UK-1972; dir. Roy Ward Baker; sc. Robert Bloch; segment "Manikins of Horror")
Attack of the Puppet People (US-1958; dir. Bert I. Gordon)
Black Devil Doll from Hell, The (US-1997; dir. Chester Turner)
Blood Dolls (US-1999; dir. Charles Band)
Buffy (TV): "The Puppet Show" (ep. 1.09; 5 May 1997; dir. Ellen S. Pressman)

Child's Play series

Child's Play (US-1988; dir. Tom Holland)
Child's Play 2 (US-1990; dir. John Lafia)
Child's Play 3 [aka Child's Play 3: Look Who's Stalking] (US-1991; dir. Jack Bender)
Bride of Chucky (US-1998; dir. Ronny Yu)
Seed of Chucky (US-2004; dir. Don Mancini)

Curse, Death and Spirit (Japan-1992; dir. Hideo Nakata; segment "The Cursed Doll") [aka Honto ni atta kowai hanashi: Jushiryou]
Dangerous Worry Dolls (US-2008; dir. Charles Band)
Dead of Night (UK-1945; segment "The Ventriloquist's Dummy" dir. Alberto Cavalcanti)
Dead Silence (US-2007; dir. James Wan)
Death Doll (US-1989; dir. William Mims)
Demonic Toys (US-1992; dir. Peter Manoogian) -- review
Demon Island (US-2002; dir. David and Scott Hillenbrand) [aka Piñata: Survival Island) [thanks to Michael Prince]
Der Golem (G-1913; dir. Henrik Galeen; co-s. Paul Wegener)
Der Golem: Wie Er in die Welt Kam (G-1920; dir. Paul Wegener)
Devil Doll (US-1963; dir. Lindsey Shonteff)

Doctor Who (TV series)

"Terror of the Autons" (Season 8, eps 1-4; UK-2 Jan 1971-23 Jan 1971)
"The Talons of Weng-Chiang" (Season 14, eps 1-6; UK-26 Feb 1977-2 April 1977)
"Rose" (New series, Season 1, ep. 1; UK-26 March 2005)
"The Girl in the Fireplace" (New series, Season 2, ep. 4; UK-6 May 2006)

Doll from Hell (Japan-1996; dir. Shinobu Murata) [aka Ikenie; also Sacrifice]
Dollman vs. Demonic Toys (US-1993; dir. Charles Band)
Doll Master, The (South Korea-2004; dir. Yong-ki jeong)[aka Inhyeongsa]
Dolls (US-1987; dir. Stuart Gordon)
Dolly Dearest (US-1991; dir. Maria Lease)
Dummy, The (2000; dir. Keith Singleton)
Fear, The (US-1995; dir. Vincent Robert)
Fear: Resurrection, The (US-1999; dir. Chris Angel) [aka The Fear: Halloween Night]
Golem (1936; dir. Julien Duvivier)

Goosebumps (TV series):

"Night of the Living Dummy II" (ep. 10; 12 Jan 1996)
"Night of the Living Dummy III (1)" (ep. 43; 20 July 1997)
"Night of the Living Dummy III (2)" (ep. 43; 20 July 1997)
"Bride of the Living Dummy" (ep. 60; 14 Feb 1998)

Great Gabbo, The (US-1929; dir. James Cruze, Eric Stroheim [uncredited])
Gudia (India-1997; dir. Goutam Ghose)
House of Evil (Mexico/US-1968; dir. Jack Hill and Juan Ibáñez)
Íntimo Terror (Spain-1992; dir. Walter Doehner)
Jigsaw (US-2002; dir. Don Adams and Harry James Picardo)

Lights Out (TV series):

"When Widows Weep" (US, pilot; 15 Jan 1972; creator Arch Oboler, writer Alvin Boretz, producer Herbert Brodkin -- thanks to correspondent Dennis Pradere for bringing this to my attention)

Living Doll, The (France-1908; dir. George Méliès)
Living Idol, The (US-1957; dir. René Cardona and Albert Lewin)
Los Muñecos Infernales: Devil Doll Men (Spain-1961; dir. Benito Alazrahi) [aka Curse of the Doll People, US, dir. Paul Nagle)
Love Object (US-2003; dir. Robert Parigi)*
Macabre Serenade [aka Dance of Death) (US-Spain, 1968; dir. Juan Ibanez, Jack Hill)
Magic (1978; dir. Richard Attenborough)
Malice@Doll (Japan-2000; dir. Keitarou Motonaga)
Marronnier (Japan-2004; dir. Hideyuki Kobayashi)

Monsters (TV series):

"Holly's House" (ep. 2; 29 Oct 1988; dir. Ted Gershundy)
"Manniquins of Horror" (ep. 23; 20 May 1989; dir. Ernest Farino, written by Robert Bloch)

Night Gallery (TV series):

"The Doll" (Season 1, ep. 12; 13 January 1971; dir. Rudi Dorn) [thanks to Richard Duran] -- IMDB entry
"The Doll of Death" (Season 3, ep. 14; 20 May 1973 ); dir. John Badham -- IMDB entry

Pinocchino's Revenge (US-1996; dir. Kevin Tenney)
Pulgasari (N Korea, 1985; dir. Sang-Ok Sim and Chong Go Jo) -- review

Puppet Master series

Puppet Master (1989; dir. David Schmoeller) -- review
Puppet Master II (1991: dir. Dave Allen)
Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge (1991; dir. David DeCoteau)
Puppet Master 4 (1993; dir. Jeff Burr)
Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter (1994; dir. Jeff Burr)
Curse of the Puppet Master (1998; dir. David DeCoteau)
Retro Puppet Master (1999; dir. David DeCoteau and Joseph Tennent)
Puppet Master: The Legacy (2003; dir. Charles Band)
Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys (Us-2004; dir. Ted Nicolaou) -- review

Puppets Who Kill (TV series. Canada, 2001-2005; dir. Rob Mills and Shawn Thompson)
Ragdoll (US-1999; dir. Ted Nicolaou)
Reincarnation [aka Rinne] (Japan-2005, dir. Takashi Shimizu)
Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker (US-1992; dir. Martin Kitrosser)
Simpsons, The (TV series): Tree House of Horror III; "Clown Without Pity" segment (ep. 64, 24 Oct. 1992)
Small Soldiers (1998; dir. Joe Dante)
Stitches (US-2000; dir. Neal Marshall Stevens)
Tales of Hoffman, The (UK-1951; dir. Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger -- "The Tale of Olympia" segment)
Totem (US-1999; dir. David DeCoteau)
Tourist Trap (US-1979; dir. David Schmoeller)
Trilogy of Terror (US-1975; dir. Dan Curtis -- Part 3 "Amelia", released separately as a short titled "Terror of the Doll")
Trilogy of Terror II (US-1996; dir. Dan Curtis)

Twilight Zone (TV series):

"The After Hours" (ep. 34; 10 June 1960; dir. Douglas Heyes)
"The Dummy" (ep. 98; 4 May 1962; dir. Abner Biberman)
"Living Doll" (ep. 126; 1 Nov. 1063; dir. Richard C. Sarafian)

The X-Files (TV Series)

"Chinga" (Season 5, ep. 10; 8 February 1998; dir. Kim Manners; written by Stephen King)*

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
angelmandymom
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 05:37:16 PM »

thank you for all pf the suggestions but none of them are that movie....trilogy of terror is close but almost like a remake...in the movie im thinking of this women gets the doll as a gift and she doesnt like the sash across it so she willing takes it off, but it says on the sash in a different language not to remove it or the spirit in the doll will come alive.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »

dude, it has to be trilogy of terror. im not positive there isnt another ripoff floating around somewhere but its dead on in your description. here is some comparisons that might lead you to believe what you are thinking of, you certainly could be mistaken because they are so close in resemblance.

the doll is wearing a dress that could easily be called a sash. it has a gold chain around its waist on top of the dress/sash and THAT gets taken off letting the spirit into the doll causing it to come alive. There is a warning that comes with the doll that says if you remove the chain the doll will come to life (more or less).

she throws the doll in an oven not a dryer.

the doll doesn't necessarily say "chop,chop" but it does scream and make crazy grunting noises (which may or may not sound like chop,chop).

the doll wasn't given as a gift but PURCHASED as a gift for her boyfriend.

the doll carries a spear then upgrades to a kitchen knife.

"Q"
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 04:12:12 PM »

I don't know if you are still around - the one talking about the doll movie above.  I saw this movie with I was a small boy living in Los Angeles.  I've thought about that doll since then and wondered what movie it was.  Never saw it or heard it referenced ever.  What I remember was that She had gotten the doll somewhere and brought it home.  The doll looked like a raggedy ann sort of rag doll with a very large mouth with zig zaggy triangle shaped teeth which fit together in a line, like Charlie Browns shirt, but, in a big ear to ear smile across it entire face.  It was very small, small body with a big flat head and big face and round big eyes.  She noticed a chain around it's neck that I believe had a warning not to remove it.  She did so anyway, and put the doll down.  She went into the other room.  I think it started when She looked back into the room while passing back by and the doll was gone.  I just remember bits and pieces of the scenes.  I don't know what order, but, there was a bathroom scene where she ran in and closed the door and the doll was pushing the door open - it was very strong.  All She could do to keep it closed - she ran the tub full of water, grabbed a towel and let the door go, the door flew open, the doll ran right for Her and caught the doll in the towel and shoved it into the water and drowned it, held it down until it stopped fighting and screaming.  Then She, thinking it was over, walked down the hall away from the bathroom - POV that is vivid and maybe the scariest shot in the movie for me.. the shot is low to the floor, just Her feet walking towards the camera down the long hall with the open bathroom door at the end - just as She passes, you see the dolls head look around the door and then running wildly down the hall.  Oh god, that was all I could stand back then as a kid!  I remember shreeking and huddling up on the couch.  Somehow it gets a kitchen knife and I remember Her trying to catch this thing in a suitcase same way as with the towel.  This scene may have been before the bathroom.  She catches it and it seems Shes got it, but, then it starts to cut its way out of the suitcase.. and she's so scared and helpless, She actually tries to grab the end of the knife as it pops up through the side of the suitcase.  At some point, She runs into the kitchen and turns on the oven.  She holds the kitchen door closed for as long as She can with this thing fighting to get in.. then, She lets it in, grabs it and throws it into the hot oven and holds the door shut, just barely, as the doll goes absolutely wild screaming and growling and banging violently.  Very frightening.  She's fighting to keep the oven door shut, and grows tired and is crying.  You know during the movie somehow that Her husband is supposed to be coming home anytime.. the last scene I remember is of Her in the kitchen, on Her knees, totally possessed by the demon that was in this doll, with the knife clasped in both hands repeatedly, stabbing the floor and drawing the knife back over and over again, staring at the kitchen door in a glazed demonic stare.. waiting for Her husband.. and it ends.  Great scary movie!  I was young but savy about movies.. My Father was in the business.  It had very effective editing to say the least - for a low budget short film.  I really want to see it again.  It's got to be somewhere.  Would really like to know anything about it.. if anyone has any idea.  email me. dlmcq@gmx.com  Thanks!   

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 07:38:18 AM »

Joe and "Q" both have great descriptions.  I remember seeing a movie like this.  The movie was about a doll but I don't remember the demon part.  I remember a sash and the actress being chased.  I remember an oven scene.  I want say this is a Twilight Zone episode.  I will watch this thread to see if there is an outcome.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 12:23:23 AM »

dude, it has to be trilogy of terror. im not positive there isnt another ripoff floating around somewhere but its dead on in your description. here is some comparisons that might lead you to believe what you are thinking of, you certainly could be mistaken because they are so close in resemblance.

the doll is wearing a dress that could easily be called a sash. it has a gold chain around its waist on top of the dress/sash and THAT gets taken off letting the spirit into the doll causing it to come alive. There is a warning that comes with the doll that says if you remove the chain the doll will come to life (more or less).

she throws the doll in an oven not a dryer.

the doll doesn't necessarily say "chop,chop" but it does scream and make crazy grunting noises (which may or may not sound like chop,chop).

the doll wasn't given as a gift but PURCHASED as a gift for her boyfriend.

the doll carries a spear then upgrades to a kitchen knife.

I know all about this one..I was 8 or 9 when it premeired on ABC and I didn't get to sleep that night.  Same with Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark  Another great memory for me.

And yes, the doll definitely made a significant upgrade with that buthcer knife.  Great movie!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
66Crush
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »

I'm thinking it could be one of these two, "The Devil's Hand" or "Terrified." I have them both on a 12 movie DVD set, there is an opening scene in one of them that reminds me of your description.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  old horror movie about a doll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.