Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:00:45 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Late 70s or early 80s horror movie. Maybe foreign. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Late 70s or early 80s horror movie. Maybe foreign.  (Read 9482 times)
Fruitbat
New Visitor

« on: October 28, 2009, 12:31:06 PM »

Hi all,
 This is my first post here.  Thumbup

For the last couple weeks I've been trying to remember some of the old horror movies I used to watch as a teenager. We used to get a kick out of renting some bad one. There were 2 that I wished I could remember I finally came up with one of them. It was the Microwave Massacre. I got to find that one. The other one is driving me CRAZY!!

As much as I can remember, it was about a couple that just moved in to an apartment in a new city. They meet some other neighbors in the building. Seems like the neighbors were in to devil worship and the guy got interested. I can't really remember the rest of the plot. At the end of the move they found out that everyone they had come in contact with since they had moved to the new city was in the devil worship cult and had been manipulating them the whole time. I believe the wife got killed some how? It could be a foreign film, seems like everyone in it had an accent. I want to say the name of the movie was something like Satan's Hand? That could be close or way off the title. I did an internet search and got nothing. Please help so that I don't go crazy.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 01:19:59 PM »

Just to make sure, have you eliminated "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) as being your film?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Fruitbat
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »

Just to make sure, have you eliminated "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) as being your film?
Nope it wasn't Rosemary's Baby.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 04:12:19 PM »

How about THE SENTINEL?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fruitbat
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 05:25:42 PM »

How about THE SENTINEL?
I just saw some clips of The Sentinel on Youtube. It reminds me of the movie, but that's not it.

If it helps, seems like there was a lot of nudity in the movie.  Buggedout
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »

Something that partially fits this is "Slime City."  The girl does not die in the end, and it is definitely American.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:46:27 AM »

sounds like "satan's blood" (1977)

"Inspired in part by Roman Polanski's Rosemary's Baby, this lusty Spanish thriller was one of the first movies to receive the infamous "S" rating in Spain -- for sex. When a romantically bored couple reunites with old friends, agreeing to spend the night in their remote mansion home, they get a lot more than they bargained for -- and none of what they were hoping for. After all, just one night with a Ouija board is enough to scare them to death."
Fruitbat
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »

"Inspired in part by Roman Polanski's Rosemary's Baby, this lusty Spanish thriller was one of the first movies to receive the infamous "S" rating in Spain -- for sex. When a romantically bored couple reunites with old friends, agreeing to spend the night in their remote mansion home, they get a lot more than they bargained for -- and none of what they were hoping for. After all, just one night with a Ouija board is enough to scare them to death."

That sounds a lot like it!! Any idea where I can't find some clips to be sure?

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »

I ran across another that might be worth a look.  "They're Coming to Get You" has about six different titles and it is from Italy.  The plot descriptions I found make it sound like a good candidate.  Here's the IMDb page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069390/

From what I found about "Satan's Blood" most of the action takes place at a mansion:

http://www.esplatter.com/reviewsotos/satansblood.htm

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/satansblood.php

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »

Slime City.
Fruitbat
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 06:43:59 AM »

That's it!!!!!

I was finally able to track down a copy of this movie. I really enjoyed being able to see it again. I'mworking on finding some of the movies I used to watch when I was younger. this one was tuff. I'll probably have more questions later.

Thank you!!!!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Late 70s or early 80s horror movie. Maybe foreign. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.