Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:14:43 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  112 Year-Old Man Weds 17-Year-Old « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 112 Year-Old Man Weds 17-Year-Old  (Read 7851 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 29, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8331136.stm

Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17

Hundreds of people have attended a wedding in central Somalia between a man who says he is 112 years old, and his teenage wife.

Ahmed Muhamed Dore - who already has 13 children by five wives - said he would like to have more with his new wife, Safia Abdulleh, who is 17 years old.

"Today God helped me realise my dream," Mr Dore said, after the wedding in the region of Galguduud.

The bride's family said she was "happy with her new husband".

Mr Dore said he and his bride - who is young enough to be his great-great-grand-daughter - were from the same village in Somalia and that he had waited for her to grow up to propose.

"I didn't force her, but used my experience to convince her of my love; and then we agreed to marry," the groom said.

Goat-skin documents

The BBC's Mohammed Olad Hassan in Mogadishu says the marriage, in the town of Guriceel, is being described by Somali historians as the first of its kind in the Horn of Africa nation for more than a century.

Our reporter says reaction to news of the marriage has been mixed.

Some people said while it was allowed under Islamic law, they were concerned about the age gap, but others were happy that age was not a barrier to love.

Mr Dore told the BBC he was born in Dhusamareeb in central Somalia in 1897 - and has a traditional birth certificate, written on goat skin by his father.

Our correspondent says he has an interesting history - in 1941 he joined the British colonial forces as a soldier for 10 years and then served as a police officer after Somalia won independence in 1960.

Altogether, Mr Dore has 114 children and grandchildren. His oldest son is 80 years old and three of his wives have died.

He says he hopes his new bride will give him more children.

"It is a blessing to have someone you love to take care of you," he said.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »

Puke

Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:41:14 PM »

I couldn't resist.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »

Puke

Why!? That guy is the man! It just seems weird cause it's outside the norms of western culture BounceGiggle That guy has definitely left a legacy!

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:25:16 AM »

Good god, he's old enough to be her great-great-great-grandfather.  I don't even think they'll be able to have sex.  His baby batter is probably like powdered milk now. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 06:39:37 AM »

others were happy that age was not a barrier to love.

Well, as long as it's true love  Lookingup  I mean, gimme a break. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:59:12 AM »

Nasty.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 07:02:10 AM »

Paging Anna Nicole Smith....

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 07:31:26 AM »

It's an apic WIN for that guy !  TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 01:10:25 PM »

I'm sorry but young girls (IMO) who go for really older guys are either gold diggers or so seriously messed up that they are taken advantage of, just to be a trophy to some leather skinned lard bucket. There is a 71 year old man in one of today's papers, who has just had two children with his wife of.............25. It makes me want to pour bleach into my eyeballs.  Hatred

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 07:46:09 AM »

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 08:03:58 PM »

"How low can you go?" Well, for one thing, he's not 112 years old, and he's not the oldest living man in the world. That distinction belongs to a man in Japan who is 111 years old. (I checked the "Guinness Book of World Records.") Thus, since he lied about his age, how much else did he lie about?
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 09:32:05 PM »

I'm sorry but young girls (IMO) who go for really older guys are either gold diggers or so seriously messed up that they are taken advantage of, just to be a trophy to some leather skinned lard bucket. There is a 71 year old man in one of today's papers, who has just had two children with his wife of.............25. It makes me want to pour bleach into my eyeballs.  Hatred
Well now you can get over it...  Wink

"How low can you go?" Well, for one thing, he's not 112 years old, and he's not the oldest living man in the world. That distinction belongs to a man in Japan who is 111 years old. (I checked the "Guinness Book of World Records.") Thus, since he lied about his age, how much else did he lie about?
Well, I was sure when I read the title that the bugger couldn't be that old. 

C'mon people, this is Somalia... the same place where they bury girls up to their necks and then stone their heads.  Charming. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:40:05 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »

That's out of date.  The Japanese guy you're talking about died a while ago.  Oldest current living man is Walter Breuning, who is 113.  Favorite part of his bio: he tried to fight in World War II, but was turned down for BEING TOO OLD.  If you ever see an interview with him, he's mentally still with it, and gets around with a scooter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Breuning

As far as this guy goes, he probably is truly very old, but I'd guess his age is inflated by at least five years, probably more like a decade.  It's very common, especially in countries where being elderly grants you respect. 

I'm sorry but young girls (IMO) who go for really older guys are either gold diggers or so seriously messed up that they are taken advantage of

Remember where this is, and what the treatment of women is frequently like in the area.  It's likely the girl was essentially sold to him.  But hey, he'll die soon and she'll basically be taken care of for life (as he's evidently wealthy).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  112 Year-Old Man Weds 17-Year-Old « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.