Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:16:28 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DC TV Station Shows How To Preform Breast Self-Exam With Bare Breasts « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DC TV Station Shows How To Preform Breast Self-Exam With Bare Breasts  (Read 3417 times)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« on: October 30, 2009, 04:44:42 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091030/ap_on_re_us/us_breasts_on_tv_2
WJLA, the ABC affiliate in Washington DC is running a two part report on how women can properly preform breast self-eaxms. What is different about this is the station is showing two women bare chested preforming the exams without blurring anything. It marks the first time bare breast have even been shown on broadcast television in the US. Needless to say, some people are upset about that.
Having lost the mother of my eldest two daughters to breast cancer almost 16 years ago, I am in favor of anything that can help women learn how to detect the any abnormalities early. And I know that there are many women who don't know how to preform a proper self-exam of their breast. So I am in favor of this station decision to air the two part segment in the manner which they chose. Sure I know some will watch just to look at boobies but I honestly feel that this can help save some lives.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:13:24 AM »

People are very prude in the states about nudity on broadcast TV and to me its sickening.  Especially in this case where it is meant to help to prevent a cause that kills tons of women yearly.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 06:27:53 AM »

I don't see anything wrong with it.  Sounds like an excellent public service that will probably save some lives.  I don't understand why extreme violence is okay but nudity is verboten.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 06:32:35 AM »

I'm sorry, but a woman doing a breast exam is just not particularly titillating.  It's about their HEALTH, for crying out loud!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 07:02:51 AM »

I think its a great idea. The prudes who have a problem with it can just change the channel. People are so easily offended or just don't like people educating them. Scary.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 07:27:56 AM »

It marks the first time bare breast have even been shown on broadcast television in the US.

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

I'm guessing you meant terrestrial telly, not the paying stuff.

Even so....that's mad ! Are most (obviously not the people on this board) Americans allergic to nudity.
It's not even sexual nudity !!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »

Nothing wrong with this at all.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Cthulhu

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »

People are very prude in the states about nudity on broadcast TV and to me its sickening.  Especially in this case where it is meant to help to prevent a cause that kills tons of women yearly.  
I think its a great idea. The prudes who have a problem with it can just change the channel. People are so easily offended or just don't like people educating them. Scary.
Exactly.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 12:29:40 PM »

I'm guessing you meant terrestrial telly, not the paying stuff.

Even so....that's mad ! Are most (obviously not the people on this board) Americans allergic to nudity.
It's not even sexual nudity !!!
First, yes, I am talking about the free, over the airways television and not the cable/satellite channels.

Second, for the most part, I think it's about one third of the nation that has an issue with nudity. Personally I could care less either way myself but that is because my parents were nudists so seeing someone in the nude never bothers me.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »

It marks the first time bare breast have even been shown on broadcast television in the US.

This is not accurate.  I've seen documentaries on PBS that showed breasts.  In any event, I demand MORE breasts on television.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »

It marks the first time bare breast have even been shown on broadcast television in the US. Needless to say, some people are upset about that.

You are right, this is a public service, education about a major health risk is perfectly justified, however it is not the first time bare breasts have been on broadcast TV. The mini series "Roots" has an episode that shows quite a few bare breasts, that was on television starting January 23, 1977.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »

This is not accurate.  I've seen documentaries on PBS that showed breasts.  In any event, I demand MORE breasts on television.

There was also the unedited NBC broadcast of SCHINDLER'S LIST in 1997.  Just because the breasts weren't in color doesn't mean they shouldn't count.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »

Are most (obviously not the people on this board) Americans allergic to nudity.

Yeah, it makes me sneeze  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 08:12:47 PM »

Really?  I am also allergic; I tend to swell up.

On a serious note, a non-sexual situation intended to increase awareness and help women detect breast cancer better is not something I'd have a problem with.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »

Really?  I am also allergic; I tend to swell up.

BounceGiggle 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DC TV Station Shows How To Preform Breast Self-Exam With Bare Breasts « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.