Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:56:22 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Survival of the Dead trailer « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Survival of the Dead trailer  (Read 2278 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17917

Bluesad

I remember back when Land of the Dead was a distant rumor, and everyone was still somewhat excited about it.  Now, seeing a trailer like this, I almost regret that this series went beyond Day.  I was able to stand Land, didn't like Diary, and this one doesn't look all that enticing to me.  It doesn't look like a Dead film, but rather more like one of the many cheap knock offs that have come over the years. 
Javakoala
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »

I'm guessing Romero has been seduced by the CGI sirens.  That is why I didn't like Land Of The Dead, and this one looks like a load of crap too. 

It was nice knowing you, Mr. Romero.  You can retire now...PLEASE!
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 03:56:51 AM »

I'm guessing Romero has been seduced by the CGI sirens.  That is why I didn't like Land Of The Dead, and this one looks like a load of crap too. 

You didn't like Land of the Dead because of the CG?  There really isn't that much in there, and the only time I thought it got pretty bad was the zombie who flings his CG head at somebody to bite them. 

I enjoyed Land of the Dead, and thought it better in almost every way over Day (except that Bub is better than Big Daddy).  Better characters, in particular.  Yeah, Land gets a little too silly at times, but eh, I don't quite get all the hate for it. 

Now, Diary on the other hand...

All that said..  That was a pretty bad trailer.  Looks sloppy and ill-conceived.  On the plus side of things, I give Romero credit for never really repeating himself.  All of his films are pretty different in their meaning, setting, characters, etc.  Believe this is also his first sequel to actually retain characters from a previous film.
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 06:05:39 PM »

You didn't like Land of the Dead because of the CG?  There really isn't that much in there, and the only time I thought it got pretty bad was the zombie who flings his CG head at somebody to bite them. 

I enjoyed Land of the Dead, and thought it better in almost every way over Day (except that Bub is better than Big Daddy).  Better characters, in particular.  Yeah, Land gets a little too silly at times, but eh, I don't quite get all the hate for it. 

Now, Diary on the other hand...

All that said..  That was a pretty bad trailer.  Looks sloppy and ill-conceived.  On the plus side of things, I give Romero credit for never really repeating himself.  All of his films are pretty different in their meaning, setting, characters, etc.  Believe this is also his first sequel to actually retain characters from a previous film.

I like Day Of The Dead because of the utter sense of futility that seemed to run through most of the characters. They knew Man's time was up and they just wanted to find a way to enjoy what was left. You have the research scientist who was so deep in denial that his work was the only thing that mattered to him, and the military types who just wanted to be able to control somebody, but they knew it was a lost cause. It was a fitting end to the series and works on a number of levels, for me at least.

Land of the Dead could have easily been just about any other post-Apocalyptic film out there. It had all the elements, and they used zombies as the threat. It wasn't inspired, the story wandered and the end was pretty much enough to make me giggle while shaking my head in frustration that I wouldn't get those minutes back. And the CGI was used for so much, including blood splattering on surrounding environment and it just did not work. It took me away from what little suspension of disbelief I could muster.  Heck, the related video game for the Xbox was more fun.

I didn't even consider watching Diary Of The Dead. And I almost regret seeing the trailer for this new one.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »

I just watched Martin and thought it was brilliant.  I have to say that it seems like Romero really has lost the touch.  His early films feel visionary and original.  His new films feel like something I would expect from the likes of Brad Sykes and James Glenn Dudelson.  I understand that revolutionary directors eventually begin to seem contemporary because everyone else eventually catches up to them, but it feels like Romero really has slipped. 

Yes, I even enjoyed, though moderately, Bruiser.  Most people hated it.  Even still, I can agree that it's just not the Romero we all knew and loved. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Survival of the Dead trailer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.