Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:05 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Favorite Metallica Album? « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your favorite Metallica album?
Kill 'Em All - 2 (13.3%)
Ride the Lightning - 4 (26.7%)
Master of Puppets - 4 (26.7%)
...And Justice For All - 2 (13.3%)
Metallica (black album) - 1 (6.7%)
Load - 0 (0%)
ReLoad - 0 (0%)
St. Anger - 0 (0%)
Death Magnetic - 0 (0%)
Live S**t: Binge & Purge - 0 (0%)
S&M - 0 (0%)
Garage Inc. - 1 (6.7%)
Garage Days Re-Revisited - 0 (0%)
Some Kind of Monster - 0 (0%)
I don't like any of their albums - 1 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite Metallica Album?  (Read 4891 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: November 03, 2009, 04:17:36 PM »

Please take a moment to vote...

I was curious to know what your favorite Metallica album was.
For me, it'd have to be a toss-up between And Justice For All and Metallica (the black album).
I'll never forget the day back in early 1989 when I was a freshman in high school and a friend handed me his copy of And Justice for all to listen to.  I popped it into my walkman and that was the day that changed heavy metal forever for me.

My vote goes to And Justice For All.

How about you?
What's your favorite Metallica album?
How about your one favorite song by them?

Which album of theirs do you dislike the most?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 04:19:24 PM by Ash » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »

My favourite is "Ride The Lighting", I actually think it sound better than "Master..." It's a great thrash album, with a good running order, good choruses and isn't drawn-out of tedious toward the second side. My favourite tracks are "Fade To Black", "Trapped Under Ice" and the title track.

I don't think you have to guess which Metallica album I dislike the most.... Wink

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »

I don't think you have to guess which Metallica album I dislike the most.... Wink

Which album would that be?

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »

Which album would that be?

St. "Whiner" or course!  BounceGiggle

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »

I'm a Kill 'Em All guy. I like the unpolished rawness of it. Love the songs, too. Great songs.

As far as least liked album goes, I dunno. I guess I'd have to go with St. Anger too. I don't know what the heck was up with that one. I'm not crazy about their nu-metally stuff (Load, ReLoad, etc.), but St. Anger was just baffling. I don't have a clue what that was even supposed to be.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:39 PM »

Black album. all their albums up to that point are good but I think the black album has got the best tunes, the best production, the best lyrics. seen a lot of hardcore Metali-fans slate it though. the only thing I'm not too keen on is the excessive use of wah-wah pedal on all the guitar solos

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:32 PM »

Master was about as perfect of a metal album as you could get. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
voltron

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »

Ride The Lightning is my fave. It's a big step up from Kill 'Em All (which is still great), and to me it's aged better than Puppets (which was the first Metallica album I'd heard). My favourite song on it would have to be Escape. It's so damn catchy. I can't believe they never played it live. I guess my least favourite would be The Black Album - it was a crushing dissapointment and was the reason I lost interest in the band.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 12:17:02 AM »

I'm a Kill 'Em All guy. I like the unpolished rawness of it. Love the songs, too. Great songs.

As far as least liked album goes, I dunno. I guess I'd have to go with St. Anger too. I don't know what the heck was up with that one. I'm not crazy about their nu-metally stuff (Load, ReLoad, etc.), but St. Anger was just baffling. I don't have a clue what that was even supposed to be.

Ditto Twirling

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 05:14:16 AM »

I'd have to say Justice.  Just a solid, awesome metal album.  Thumbup
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 07:42:30 AM »

Ride the Lightning was my favorite.  They weren't very well known in my neck of the woods at that time, and I remember taking that album to all my friends' houses exclaiming "You've got to check this out!".  For Whom the Bell Tolls was my favorite song.  Master of Puppets is a real close second, I must have listened to that in my car a zillion times.  We went to see their And Justice For All concert, that was an awesome experience.  Thought that album was a bit weak though.  For some reason I quit listening to them after that. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 07:49:09 AM »

Master of Puppets.  Followed by Ride the Lightning and And Justice For All.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »

I picked Garage, Inc..  Mainly, I didn't get into Metallica until I was about 14 (1998 or so), and they had just done Garage Inc, and ReLoad.  Seeing as they were the first two Metallica cd's I bought, I really dug em.

I hate the past two albums they've done.  On the other hand, I don't think their 'holy trinity' of albums (the first three, Master, Kill Em, Ride) are 5 Star Classics either.  Vastly overrated.  But I'm not a HUGE fan either, and I'm not saying they're bad albums.  Just, I like other bands alot better.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 08:41:22 AM »

Kill 'em all, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, Metallica=Classics.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Favorite Metallica Album? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.