Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:49:30 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How do you arrange your DVDs/VHS collection? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: How do you arrange your DVDs/VHS collection?  (Read 10760 times)
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 06:08:13 PM »

i do not have an order at the moment but im going to get a new dvd shelf very soon (actually i have it, it just needs paint) , and i will do it in alphabetical order, but i will have series in order.

fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »

Mine are all aligned in black DVD/CD cases (and I have several of them...and need MORE!).

My single-film DVDs are listed alphabetically.  Any DVDs with more than one film on them are in separate cases.  Seasons of TV shows are also in separate cases.  The 50 movie Mill Creek sets I have are currently still in their boxes.  I just created a database of my single-film DVDs yesterday.  Current count is at 506.  With all the multiple film DVDs added in, I'm sure I'm coming close to 800 films in my DVD collection and I still have several VHS movies I'd like to get in DVD format.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Phaedrusz
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »

I just reorganized my collection. I have them all in several 256-count cases.

One case for TV collections, one for "legitimate" movies, one for kids' movies, one for bad movies, and yet another for my MST3K collection.

I did it this way to avoid having hundreds of dvd cases floating around taking up space. Plus there's no need flipping through all the dvds when I'm trying to browse for a certain type. The only drawback is when I add a movie, then I have to shift a ton.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to make another one for my burgeoning blu-ray collection.

I reject your reality and replace it with one of my own
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 04:10:40 PM »

The only drawback is when I add a movie, then I have to shift a ton.

I know exactly what you mean. That KILLS me. I do alphabetical order, so if a buy a movie like, say, Brainscan (which I scored for three bucks at the local Best Buy last night, shazam!), because that starts with a B, I have to movie somewhere around a gazillion other DVD's just one lousy spot to the right. And don't even get me started about when double-sized editions (like the Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition) throw off the whole "one lousy spot" equation. Oi.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »

I still haven't decided if I'm going to make another one for my burgeoning blu-ray collection.

I haven't stepped up to blu-ray yet (but I probably will when my DVD player dies).  I'll probably just put the blu-ray movies on the same shelves alphabetically with my current DVD collection.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 04:57:53 PM »

well i keep them alphabetical on 2 shelves with different sections for dvds and blu rays.

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 05:58:20 AM »

In a cabinet in no particular order.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Pilgermann

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »

I don't own too many VHS tapes anymore; the few remaining are stored in no order in a couple different spots in my house.

My DVDs are seperated as movies (including short films and whatnot), tv shows, and music/concerts.  They're in alphabetical order except for movies that are a continuation of a series like The Road Warrior which would follow Mad Max, Godzilla films, etc.

I think my wife and I own close to 600 DVDs now, and have a handful of Blu-rays.  She thinks I'm weird for buying as many DVDs as I do (CDs, too--I have about 450 I think), but I can't get enough.

joejoeherron
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2009, 05:06:23 PM »

since i just moved, all my vhs are stacked up om top of my dresser in the closet. only genre grouped together are the bond flicks. if my grrlfriend see's them,she will probably throw them out.gonna have to hide my copy of "the sisterhood".
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How do you arrange your DVDs/VHS collection? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.