Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:36 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Songs/Albums That Take You Back « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Author Topic: Songs/Albums That Take You Back  (Read 59218 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 07:49:40 AM »

Kim Wilde - Kids in America;  always makes me think of being over at my girlfriend's house in San Diego, senior year of high school.  I'd pick her up for school every morning, spend a half hour at her house.  That's when I first heard that song.

Eagles - Hotel California.  Driving my Mustang in San Diego, nicely buzzed on some Apaculpo Gold Thai.  Came over the top of a small hill, the setting sun was a big golden globe, that song was playing.  Pure paradise.

Def Leppard - Pyromania album.  The drummer in our band loved that album, pretty sure it was the only tape he had in his car.  Brings back memories of driving around Minneapolis in his old Monte Carlo, with his car stereo amplifier that made a buzzing sound that rose and fell in unison with the car engine.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 09:17:10 AM »

Def Leppard's Hysteria album reminds me of working as a janitor in a local tourist trap when I was in high school. It was after hours, and we all had tunes playing in our respective areas. One guy was playing this all the time, which is actually how I discovered I like Def Leppard. Must have been 1987 or 88.

Ragdoll, by Aerosmith - My last year of high school, late May or early June. It was 1989, the school's 50th anniversary, and all of the students were gathered in the playing field for an aerial photo. We were spelling out EDSS 39-89. One friend of mine (actually more of a friend of a friend) who was kind of a conceited doofus from a rich family, spent the whole time circling the streets around the school in his brand new red Mustang convertible, blasting this tune. The photo is still on display in the school foyer, and I've noted the cars of other friends in the parking lot, each with stories of their own, but come to think of it, I've never looked for the red Mustang on the street. The song still takes me back to that day though.

That reminds me of another friend, not rich or conceited but still kind of a doofus, who seemingly played played nothing but Roxette's Joyride in his car for weeks. It was not long after the album came out. When I think of that song, I think of one summer evening. He had recently bought a Pontiac Grand Am, and drove it everywhere at high speed with the tunes blasting. A few of us were sitting in our local watering hole one Friday evening, not much was happening, and somebody decided we visit a popular country bar about half an hour away. So, we all pile into this guy's car and take off. We covered the half-hour drive in about 15 minutes, doing over 160km/h (96mph), and he just kept playing Joyride, rewinding and playing it again, all the way there and all the way back. Incidentally, I was driving out of town a couple of months later, and spotted the Grand Am upside-down in the ditch on a tight curve, so the driving did eventually catch up with him. At least he wasn't hurt. Anyway, Joyride reminds me of that drive, a bunch of funny things that happened that night (I still have a souvenir in fact) and the Grand Am in general. I've never deliberately listened to the song, not being a fan of Roxette, so I seldom hear it. But when I do, I'm always transported back to one really memorable night.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 02:04:27 PM »

Any old tharsh/death metal (only the good stuff like carcass, sepultura, living death, crumbsuckers,) the band Sword. metallica's original garage days ep, I could go on and on.....

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

I'm not ashamed to admit that the garage days ep was my first encounter with Killing Joke.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »

TODD RUNDGREN "Hello It's Me"
Small | Large

TODD again "I Saw The Light"

Small | Large

LITTLE RIVER BAND "Reminiscing"
Small | Large

Found a better clip.   Wink 
Small | Large

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:42:56 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 02:31:28 AM »

Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »

Small | Large

Takes me back to the time when I got barred from the same pub twice. This song was playing in the background both times lol. First time I was accused of snorting cocaine (mistaken identity), which is crap, 'cause the clown man has never done drugs! Second time was for fighting in the toilet. Some dudes from a band I bad-mouthed tried to jump me in there, so I lamped one of the scrawny b***hes right in the teeth. Before you know it, I had about 3-4 guys on me shouting at me to get out and I went like a gentlemen.....only to start more chaos in the street.  Lookingup

Small | Large

This one always reminds me of the time, to my shame, that I'd slashed my wrists and the police had bashed the door in to stop me. I ended up getting the crap kicked out of me by 3 police officers and then remember getting thrown in the back of an ambulance.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:14:47 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Javakoala
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »

Small | Large

This was a big tune when I first went to college. It was on the radio every time we drove home from OSU and back. Lots of time spent drinking in bars and playing Tempest arcade game. If it hadn't been for my closeted gay roommate being a pain, I'd almost want to go back to those days.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 02:54:37 PM »

Small | Large

I recall as a young DarkSider my brother (who was at work at the time) asking my mom to go pick up a 45 record.  It wasn't this one but I insisted that it was and we came home with it.  My brother wasn't too disappointed though.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3KrL7BQBpc
This was a big tune when I first went to college. It was on the radio every time we drove home from OSU and back. Lots of time spent drinking in bars and playing Tempest arcade game. If it hadn't been for my closeted gay roommate being a pain, I'd almost want to go back to those days.
Here's another one along the same "line": 
Small | Large

Here's another one from those club-hoppin' speed-snortin' days: 
Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 05:18:03 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

retrorussell

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 10:41:47 PM »

Heh.. White Horse.  That song cracks me up.  BounceGiggle

This song here takes me back to the beginning of Jr. High:

Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 10:50:05 PM »

Small | Large

The first time I ever walked into a strip club this song was playing.  Nuff said...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
venomx
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »

The first time I ever walked into a strip club this song was playing.  Nuff said...

The first time I walked into a strip bar this song was on, the women were hot, sleezy but hot.

Small | Large

Goodtimes, I remember I got some chics number as well ...

I never called tho. I was married. (true story lol)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 11:35:24 PM »

"My Name Is" by Eminem
Small | Large

I was about 15, and this was a summer jam that everyone was singing when we got back to high school.

"The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson
Small | Large

I was a young, dumb and angry kid and for whatever reason, he provided the soundtrack for a little bit.

"Summer Girls" by LFO
Small | Large

Boy band from the late '90s.  Main reasons I liked it were: A.) it was a funny song, and B.) a girl I liked in High School mentioned it and was impressed I knew all the words.  We got tighter for a while.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 12:37:44 AM »

Is it wrong of me to say that I really like Sweet?
Why would you care what anybody else thinks of what you like?  But, yeh, it most certainly okay to say you like SWEET; they were great. 
Small | Large

Small | Large

retrorussell

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 05:32:26 AM »

I think I was in 3rd grade at the time I first heard this.  I recall roller-skating at the local rink to this song.

Small | Large

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Songs/Albums That Take You Back « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.