Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:21:31 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Happy Birthday, Marines! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Marines!  (Read 3415 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 10, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »

To all of my brothers and sisters in the Corps, may you be safe and among friends this day.  Happy 234th birthday to you.

HEADQUARTERS U.S. MARINE CORPS
Washington, November 1, 1921

The following will be read to the command on the 10th of November, 1921, and hereafter on the 10th of November of every year. Should the order not be received by the 10th of November, 1921, it will be read upon receipt.

(1) On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name "Marine". In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

(2) The record of our corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war, and is the long eras of tranquility at home, generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas, that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

(3) In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

(4) This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the corps. With it we have also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps.

JOHN A. LEJEUNE,
Major General Commandant 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »

I've never served but I'd like to say a humble thanks as a member of the general public for your service.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 02:47:09 AM »

As the son of a former soldier who served his country of Rhodesia with pride for many years, may I wish the USMC a happy birthday?  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 03:14:15 AM »

To Andrew, to all I know who have chosen to serve, thank you.

What you do is the very antithesis of easy, and yet you do it. You already know the good you do, but you don't get to hear the appreciation enough.

I can't make it up here, but thank you.

Thank you.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 11:30:10 AM »

Please accept the hardy congratulations on the Marine Corps anniversary from this ex-squid from a family of squids (myself and my 5 brothers that all served in the Navy)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 12:50:20 PM »

I am also a former Navy man and I too salute you and your brothers(and sisters) in your beloved Corps for your anniversary.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
venomx
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »

Happy Birthday, Marines! ... and thank you. Proud to be an American. Smile

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »

Happy Birthday and cheers!  Cheers

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »

And in celebration of an important birthday, let us remember what that great poet John Wayne said, while he was on "Laugh-in."

"The sky is blue.
The grass is green.
Get off your duff.
And join the Marines."

We thank you.
And I thank you.
And many more birthdays to come.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »

Thanks to everyone.  Katie and I went to the birthday ball last night and had a great time eating and talking with fellow Marines, past and present.  The guest of honor was a Colonel who served in WWII, including bloody Peleliu and Okinawa.  He had five daughters (wow!) all of who were seated at the table behind us.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Happy Birthday, Marines! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.