Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:14:05 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Lineup (1958) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lineup (1958)  (Read 1611 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 13, 2009, 11:18:16 AM »

This was a good decade after the noir movement was really in it's heyday but it's still really good.  The main villain guy who is sort of paradoxicly trying to better himself via an older smoother criminal is a great character.  They are trying to run down a shipment of heroin that was supposed to be diverted to the crime syndicate via a cab driver who blows it and crashes the cab.  So it's one of those things where the crooks are chasing the stuff and the cops are chasing the crooks and who will get to the thing first.  San Francisco landmarks are featured prominently.  the later date means they are a little more liberal in showing murders and discussing drugs and so forth.  I didn't listen to much of the commentary that was a writer guy named eddie mueller whose book "dark city" is prtty good and James ellroy the writer.  I'm not big on commentary tracks and neither of them had anything to do with the movie but if the idea of those two guys waxing philosophic and trivial about NOIR appeals to you that is another selling point.  

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:22:27 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »

This sounds like my kind of movie.  I'm surprised I've never seen it, but it's on my list now!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »

It must have just been rereleased. I was a little surprised at the small number of reviews and ratings at netflix. It's a really compelling movie, not just a for completist noir fans thing
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Lineup (1958) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.