Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:59 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Who were your favorite Griswold kids? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who were your favorite Griswold kids?
Vacation 1983 (Anthony Michael Hall and Dana Barron) - 9 (45%)
European Vacation 1985 (Jason Lively and Dana Hill) - 4 (20%)
Christmas Vacation 1989 (Johnny Galecki and Juliette Lewis) - 4 (20%)
Vegas Vacation 1997 (Ethan Embry and Marisol Nicols) - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who were your favorite Griswold kids?  (Read 3934 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: June 30, 2009, 05:38:39 AM »

I love the Vacation movies, even the Vegas one which many people pan.  I was thinking though, the Griswold kids are always changing, who were your favorites?  If I were to rank them, heres how they'd go for me;

1.) European Vacation
2.) Vacation
3.) Vegas Vacation
4.) Christmas Vacation

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:28:57 PM »

I Thought All Of Them Were Great!
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »

When I first saw the Vegas vacation I wasn't too impressed.  Some of the Eddie scenes just seemed like they were trying to hard.  But now I love that movie.  It grew on me!

Here were my rankings for the kids:
Vacation
Vegas
European
Christmas
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 01:46:17 AM »

The only Vacation film I saw in the theater was European, and I really liked it so that one had my favorite Rusty. The last two films were all right, and I don't really remember the kids that well in those so I would have to not include those in a list. The 1st film is a classic, but I just liked them better in European Vacation.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
hellbilly
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 03:30:07 AM »

Jason Lively and Dana Hill for me with Anthony Michael Hall and Dana Barron coming in second.
Always had a soft spot for European Vacation even though Vacation is probably the better movie.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:33:09 AM by hellbilly » Logged
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 02:48:06 PM »

I liked the kids from Vegas Vacation best. It's tied for second place with Christmas Vacation as far as the movies themselves go, but Ethan Embry was actually funny  as Rusty/ Nick Papageorgio and Marisol Nichols was pretty OK in those go-go boots.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »

I loiked the kids from the first movie the most, because it was the first I watched, and I was very disappointed when I saw the kids were all different in the sequels.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 01:23:16 PM »

Fun topic.

I would put it at a tie between the original and Vegas for the kids. I would lump the other two as a second place tie. As for the movies themselves, I orignally disliked European Vacation because it came off to me as a cheap capitalization off the original, but then years later I realized it was probably more expensive to make (locations) and I just changed my mind in general. There are some really good gags in European, like the berets bit and the waiter in Paris (classic), the driving sequence in London ("Look kids, there's Big Ben, Parliament"), and the bit with the wrong relatives in Austria. Although I put the kids in European tied for second, that Rusty was possibly my favorite, as he was such a lovalble dork, but the Audrey in that one was so annoying she killed the duo.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:22:24 AM »

Although I put the kids in European tied for second, that Rusty was possibly my favorite, as he was such a lovalble dork, but the Audrey in that one was so annoying she killed the duo.

You hit that nail right on the head.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »

I would have to put the original Vacation kids first, followed by Christmas vacation, and then European Vacation. This is also the order I'd rank the movies. Can't say where I'd put Vegas Vacation, since it's the most recent, and yet I remember nothing about it, in spite of having seen it. I suppose that in itself makes it a safe bet for last place.

Anyway, the original Griswold Kids were the best, which has as much to do with the quality of writing on that movie as it does with their performances. I think they fit well with the exaggerated-yet-all-too-familiar theme of the movie.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Who were your favorite Griswold kids? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.