Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:00:16 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Time Travel « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Time Travel  (Read 5637 times)
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 01:36:38 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: I'm interested in this thread. A few weeks ago, I mailed off a story about
time travel to a writing contest. I don't want to go into too much since contest rules forbid
previous publication of the story. Someone might see the conversation and claim this is a
publication.

With that said, I wanted the story themes to be more important that the technical aspect of time
travel. I also make it an accident that the travelers, two nerdy and obnoxious teenage boys,
actually succeed at what they are doing.

The main character is a news reporter for a Top 40 radio station in 1978. The two boys, from the
2009, show up at the station with an Ipod filled with podcast of the main character’s talk radio
show from 2009. Everything he says on the podcast is stuff that can jeopardize his chance to
cover a presidential visit and his relationship with a female TV report.

While the main character is appalled by the opinions he expresses on the podcast, the boys are
appalled by the 1978 versions of Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, the Incredible Hulk and the
Batman and Fantastic Four cartoons. 

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!   
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 01:44:27 AM »

Yeah, but if the Large Hadron Collider destroys the the balance of the world in the future, how on earth would anyone be able to go back in time to stop it, when everything is already messed up. I'm quite sure that if the power of time travel was possible in the future, it would have been exploited for far more greedy and selfish purposes, thus changing time in other ways. I've always like to think that time travel would be possible, I would love it if it ever became a reality, but I do not ever see it happening.

The time loop has to start somewhere.  There's also the possibility of a multiverse on multiple timelines with some crossover.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »

Yeah, but if the Large Hadron Collider destroys the the balance of the world in the future, how on earth would anyone be able to go back in time to stop it, when everything is already messed up. I'm quite sure that if the power of time travel was possible in the future, it would have been exploited for far more greedy and selfish purposes, thus changing time in other ways. I've always like to think that time travel would be possible, I would love it if it ever became a reality, but I do not ever see it happening.

The time loop has to start somewhere.  There's also the possibility of a multiverse on multiple timelines with some crossover.

I'd agree on the principle that travelling to the past may be possible, but I still feel in is way beyond man's comprehension. Travelling to the future to me, is simply impossible. I think that yes, you can skip a few hours or days at light speed, but it would just be within the confines of man-made recorded time. I feel that there would have to be some sort of domino effect on the entire universe to trigger a jump forward/back changing millions upon millions of lives and particles and chemicals.

Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 03:15:01 PM »

I'd agree on the principle that travelling to the past may be possible, but I still feel in is way beyond man's comprehension. Travelling to the future to me, is simply impossible. I think that yes, you can skip a few hours or days at light speed, but it would just be within the confines of man-made recorded time. I feel that there would have to be some sort of domino effect on the entire universe to trigger a jump forward/back changing millions upon millions of lives and particles and chemicals.

Man-made recorded time?  Well, you're not REALLY time traveling when you do what I describe.  You're just experiencing less of time as it goes by, and you're not actually "jumping" anywhere.  The other thing is once you can get a craft that can go that fast, since there's almost no matter at all in the vast majority of space, it's very easy to keep it going at that speed.  Meaning, provided you had enough steering capability to eventually turn yourself around and calculate correctly any incoming objects, it wouldn't be too difficult to go decades or centuries relative to your few weeks or months. 
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Time Travel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.