Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:41:17 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Karaoke thread! What you like, don't like, overdone songs, etc. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Karaoke thread! What you like, don't like, overdone songs, etc.  (Read 3038 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: November 16, 2009, 05:21:53 AM »

Hey gang!
Those of you who like to belt out the tunes (or listen to others belting 'em out), this thread is for you.  Me personally, I'm hooked.  Every day it's available I go to the local watering hole (conveniently located a couple blocks from me), Thursday through Sunday. 
Post your favorite songs to do, what you've done recently, what ones you are best at, ones you are sick and tired of hearing, ones you wish were available (I can probably tell you if they are), if you've got any karaoke-making software, if you've got a karaoke machine at your house, if you're better at it drunk than sober, etc.
So hit me with your best shot; fire away!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »

In the early 1990s, my friends and I followed one particular karaoke host from bar to bar for a couple of years.  He had shows 7 nights a week at various local bars and we showed up every night.  A few of my buddies and I started out calling ourselves "The Wrecking Crew" (none of us can sing worth a damn).  Then we shortened it to "The Crew."  Our most famous song was WOOLY BULLY.  We invented a dance (which many of the karaoke regulars learned and would often get up and perform while we were singing).  We also wore viking helmets and fake beards while we sang the song (that is, until I pole-vaulted into my friend's jeep one drunken night, landed on the helmets, and crushed them to the point that we could no longer wear them).

We also had a full "stable" of songs including:

* EL PASO

* RAINY DAY WOMEN

* DOUBLE SHOT OF MY BABY'S LOVE

* JAMBALAYA

* CHARLIE BROWN

* THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS

* BALLROOM BLITZ

* TO ALL THE GIRLS I'VE LOVED BEFORE

And several others.

One night I was in a non-karaoke bar and a girl I didn't recognize came up to me in the middle of the crowd and said, "Hey, you're one of the WOOLY BULLY guys!"  Truly a proud moment memorializing my brief, local fame.

Well, one thing led to another and karaoke faded and we all went (sort of) our separate ways.  However, within the past few months, the old crowd has reconnected 3 times at karaoke bars.  Definitely a lot of laughs, but we only sang a couple of songs and it's not the same as the old days.  

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »

I've been told that I do an amazing rendition of Free's "Wishing Well". But, that I sound terrible singing anything else. I dunno, I kinda just get my voice into the zone with that tune.

I don't like sitting through karaoke when all people constantly do is: "I Will Survive", "Eye Of The Tiger" and "It's Raining Men", 'cause it's all you ever hear!

retrorussell

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 03:05:24 PM »

You wore Viking helmets Burgo?  And no one thought you were Minnesota Vikings fans or actors from the Capitol One commercials?  TongueOut

Circus, the ones I always hear in my neck of the woods are "Killing Me Softly" by the Fugees, "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond, and "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, among many others.  I hate stupid people, but people who always sing these songs and almost nothing else definitely have a target on their forehead that only I can see.

Myself, I pride myself on being diverse.  It really sucks when someone has maybe, at best, 4 songs or so that they do and they come to the same karaoke bar all the time.  And all the songs they do are completely and utterly sh**ty.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 08:24:08 PM »

I've performed karaoke exactly once.  I was totally blasted then, and I'd probably have to be to do it again.  Funny you should bring this up, however, as today I decided to record some karaoke versions of Christmas carols and give them out as Christmas presents.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »

I posted this in another thread before, but I did karaoke once with my friend and got banned.  It was because we sang "Do you want to hold my penis" to the tune of the Beatles "Do you want to know a secret" on family night... but there weren't any young kids and some 15 year old girl just got done singing a vulgar song so we thought it was OK.    After that, my friend's husband did ACDC's TNT and it was so awesome I knew I could never live up to it and decided never to do Karaoke again.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 08:15:34 PM »

The few times I went to karaoke I sang Mother by Danzig, What I Got by Sublime, I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones and a song by White Zombie, can't remember which one as I was pretty wasted. Those are the only songs I ever sang at karaoke.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
voltron

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 09:46:43 PM »

Haven't done any karaoke, and this isn't a karaoke song, really, but I could do without drunken idiots singing The Doors' "Roadhouse Blues". To no offence to any drunken idiots out there.  Cheers

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 04:58:27 AM »

* EL PASO

Burgo as Marty Robbins?  Smile  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 07:34:04 AM »

I was usually Feleena . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »

I've actually never done karaoke.  I have sung while playing Rock Band
though.   The reason I've never done karaoke, is, well, I sing for real...  I kinda like the "Midnight Jam Sessions" better than karaoke.
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »

I've never sung karaoke, but last time I listened to it, people kept singing "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.. because apparently Rick Rolling everybody every time you get on stage is the funniest thing ever..

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
retrorussell

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 12:38:25 AM »

Another one I hate hearing all the time is "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes.  I WILL leave the room when that plays.  Just a stupid, stupid song.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 04:23:31 AM »

Buggedout BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 01:52:35 PM »

no offence to any drunken idiots out there.  Cheers

None taken  Wink

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Karaoke thread! What you like, don't like, overdone songs, etc. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.