Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:42:54 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2012 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2012  (Read 5782 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 16, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »

So, I went to see this on Saturday.  I should have done some research first - - I didn't realize it was directed by the awful Roland Emmerich.

Anyway, it's okay if you're looking for nothing more than an orgy of special effects (and even some of the effects are questionable . . . some look rushed and not-quite-finished . . . but I guess nobody's perfect!)

Every character and event in the movie is a cliche and rip-off from an earlier disaster movie and the whole thing is pretty predictable.  It's loud and dumb on a spectacular scale.  And it's about 30 minutes too long (boy, did I need to pee!)

Save your money unless you're a special effects enthusiast.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
venomx
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:57:26 AM »

Sorry Burgomaster, I disagree ...

I loved the story as well as the special effects. Imo the cast was awesome.

Things I do agree on are - Yes it was 30 mins too long and some points were too predictable.

Side note - Yuri's voice was awesome lol.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:01:05 AM »

I have no intention of seeing this movie because:

1. Roland Emmerich (Why does this guy get to keep making films?)

2. Yet another disaster movie, this time built around a completely BS theory that people keep swallowing up.

3. It's big star...John Cusack.  Enough said.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 11:03:57 AM »

I loved the story as well as the special effects.

Side note - Yuri's voice was awesome lol.

Even the special effect of Cusak running behind the plane?  To me, it looked like he was running in front of a green screen . . . very sloppy.  And there were a few other sloppy FX.

Yes . . . Yuri's voice was cool!

This is why I love this forum . . . different opinions on everything.  I'm glad you enjoyed it, but the way-too-familiar characters and plot devices made me groan . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »

It's big star...John Cusack.  Enough said.

I actually like John Cusak . . . although my favorite Cusak role is very old: THE SURE THING.  He wasn't the problem with this movie . . . the problems came primarily from the script and direction.

venomx
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »

D-Man - Actually John Cusak did a great job in this movie. Thumbup

Burgomaster - LOL, yes ... Cusak running ... alot of that in this movie, didn't he have some super luck in the whole movie. Wink

Skull
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:40:55 AM »

odd... since the theory of 2012 is runaway planet hitting the Earth... I would expect this movie to be a remake or a close remake to When Worlds Collide (1951)

But IMDB doesnt say it is...

Question...

is the movie similar to When Worlds Collide (1951)

Small | Large

or are we looking at a prequal to Thundarr the Barbarian

Small | Large

:)
The Burgomaster

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 11:42:47 AM »

D-Man - Actually John Cusak did a great job in this movie. Thumbup

Burgomaster - LOL, yes ... Cusak running ... alot of that in this movie, didn't he have some super luck in the whole movie. Wink

Yes . . . the entire city crumbling around him, buildings toppling, cars crashing, the freeway crumbling, explosions, fires, people running around, yelling, screaming, mayhem . . . and Cusak driving a car through it without even getting a flat tire.  The man is blessed.

The Burgomaster

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »

odd... since the theory of 2012 is runaway planet hitting the Earth... I would expect this movie to be a remake or a close remake to When Worlds Collide (1951)

But IMDB doesnt say it is...

Question...

is the movie similar to When Worlds Collide (1951)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXeT-yHNcFI

or are we looking at a prequal to Thundarr the Barbarian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhAobPugvsk

:)

This movie has nothing to do with a runaway planet heading for Earth.  But it does have some plot and character similarities to WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE.

venomx
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 11:56:52 AM »

Burgomaster is correct.

IMO It's about the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 ... then basically holy hell happens with the Earth. (scary)

BTW is it spoiler if I talk about (the park and the super V?) ... you know which park lol.

OH yeah! I forgot! Part that I did NOT like - the ending when the super ship is filling up with water - I almost got sick with all of the yellow and red warning flashes (15 mins of it) blaaaaah.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 12:22:03 PM by Venomx » Logged
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 02:04:46 PM »

The movie 2012 is all about the alleged date of the end of the world, Dec 21, 2012.

But here's what I think will really happen on that date...NOTHING.

I've been through many predicted doomsdays, May 5, 2000 and 1976 just to name a couple.  But the only problem is we are all still here.

You simply can't trust anything doomsday prophets say.   They are all paranoid schizophrenics.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Skull
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »

The movie 2012 is all about the alleged date of the end of the world, Dec 21, 2012.

I've been through many predicted doomsdays, May 5, 2000 and 1976 just to name a couple.  But the only problem is we are all still here.

You simply can't trust anything doomsday prophets say.   They are all paranoid schizophrenics.

and dont drink the kool-aid... :)

Javakoala
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 05:29:35 PM »

and dont drink the kool-aid... :)

But I like Kool-Aid.

Small | Large
venomx
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »

WOW. This guy really believes in 2012 lol.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/11/16/wynter.doomsday.followers.cnn

This CNN video also shows the SUPER tidal wave. So watch out it's a spoiler. Wink

Skull
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 08:15:21 PM »

WOW. This guy really believes in 2012 lol.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/11/16/wynter.doomsday.followers.cnn

This CNN video also shows the SUPER tidal wave. So watch out it's a spoiler. Wink

hehe... The English Patient is proof that idiots do exist... So Im not surprise... :)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2012 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.