Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:40:47 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Werner Herzog: the thinking man's Jim Cameron « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Werner Herzog: the thinking man's Jim Cameron  (Read 2400 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 17, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »

good article from Gawker/ defamer of all places, talking about his new movie
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:19:42 PM »

I'm p**sed that Bad Lieutenant is getting such a limited release.

Nov. 20:

New York
L.A.
Chicago
Washington D.C.
San Francisco

Nov. 25:

Boston
Philidelphia
Dallas
San Diego
Seattle
Phoenix

That's all that's listed on the official site at the moment.  Hopefully it'll do well enough in those cities to keep expanding.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »

I'm p**sed that Bad Lieutenant is getting such a limited release.

Nov. 20:

New York
L.A.
Chicago
Washington D.C.
San Francisco

Nov. 25:

Boston
Philidelphia
Dallas
San Diego
Seattle
Phoenix

That's all that's listed on the official site at the moment.  Hopefully it'll do well enough in those cities to keep expanding.

Let's hope so.  There's a lot of stuff I gave up hope on ever making it out here that shows up months after initial release.  That's actually a pretty strong opening, hitting all the major markets in 2 weeks.  I'm pretty intrigued by the trailer and the idea.     

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »

Werner Herzog the whatBuggedout

I couldn't disagree more, but in the context of the article it makes sense. Well, sort of.

As for Herzog, I have mixed feelings about his latest output. "Grizzly man" was amazing, but "Rescue dawn" felt surprisingly stale, even more so considering it's based on actual events and that Herzog himself told the same story much better in "Little Dieter needs to fly", in which he achieved the feat of transforming an actual, living person, into a creature Klaus Kinski would have been proud to play.

But considering that this remake could have been his cinematical grave and that instead I don't stop hearing good reviews, I'm starting to build some serious expectations here. The original is a masterpiece, and a film so unconfortable to watch I haven't set eyes on it since it was first released in VHS. And if anybody could remake it and make a good movie, well, that would be Herzog.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Werner Herzog: the thinking man's Jim Cameron « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.