Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:02:25 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Unsuccessful old TV shows that have been forgotten « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Unsuccessful old TV shows that have been forgotten  (Read 58291 times)
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2010, 06:34:10 PM »

A couple of odd ones from me.

"The Man From Atlantis": Starring a pre-Dallas Patrick Duffy.
"Co-ed Fever": An Animal House Ripoff that starred David Keith and only ran for one episode. I actually remember part of the episode involved the dorm getting set on fire and the only guy there didn't know how to use the fire extinguisher.
"Comedy Break" with Mack & Jamie. Sketch comedy show with the standup duo. I remember they had an all girl band that didn't have a name. There was contest to name it and the winning name was going to be announced at the beginning of the 3rd season. Unfortunately, it only ran for 2. A couple of running bits: The guys as John Lennon and Paul McCartney in their early Beatle days writing songs with Beatle song titles being part of the dialogue. Another was where they played a rich, elderly couple that had a drummer doing rimshots in their home.
Laugh Trax: Starred Jim Staahl, Lucy Webb, Howie Mandel, Gail Matthias. Ran for one season. They had a running bit with Jim, Lucy and Gail dressed in 50s girl outfits lip syncing girl group hits.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2010, 09:26:53 PM »

Learning the Ropes was one I enjoyed as a teen. It was a sitcom in which a teacher (Llye Alzado) moonlighted as a masked pro wrestler at night. The late "Dr. Death" Steve Williams played the masked wrestler. Nicole Stoffman (Stephanie Kaye from "Degrassi Jr. High") left that show for this believe it or not. Several NWA wrestlers from the 80s appeared on the show, most memorably Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin in a story where Garvin gets injured by the masked wrestler and Alzado's lead character feels all guilty about possibly ending Garvin's career. Basically every episode had pro wrestlers discussing life lessons. The show was kind of hampered by the 80s kayfabe of pro wrestling from that time.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2010, 11:54:32 PM »

Learning the Ropes was one I enjoyed as a teen. It was a sitcom in which a teacher (Llye Alzado) moonlighted as a masked pro wrestler at night. The late "Dr. Death" Steve Williams played the masked wrestler. Nicole Stoffman (Stephanie Kaye from "Degrassi Jr. High") left that show for this believe it or not. Several NWA wrestlers from the 80s appeared on the show, most memorably Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin in a story where Garvin gets injured by the masked wrestler and Alzado's lead character feels all guilty about possibly ending Garvin's career. Basically every episode had pro wrestlers discussing life lessons. The show was kind of hampered by the 80s kayfabe of pro wrestling from that time.

I remember that one. It was pretty funny.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flu-Bird
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2010, 12:32:44 AM »

Can anyone remember the kids gameshow SHANANIGANS with STUBBY KAYE as the host where kids were on a giant gameboard Or the WW II series 12 OCLOCK HIGH and GARRISONS GERILLAS, and the realy bad shows like ME AND THE CHIMP and THE PRUITS OF SOUTH HAMSHIRE with PHILLAS DILLER
MrMari
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2010, 09:39:03 PM »

Steven Segal's twin little sisters had a mildly entertaining show for a minute in the 80's. Of course, as an adolescent growing up in this time, the only reason to watch this was due to the fact that they were hot.

"Double Trouble"

Small | Large

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2010, 07:18:10 PM »

Can anyone remember the kids gameshow SHANANIGANS with STUBBY KAYE as the host where kids were on a giant gameboard Or the WW II series 12 OCLOCK HIGH and GARRISONS GERILLAS, and the realy bad shows like ME AND THE CHIMP and THE PRUITS OF SOUTH HAMSHIRE with PHILLAS DILLER

"Shenanigans," "12 O'Clock High," "Garrison's Gorillas," "Me and the Chimp," "The Pruitts of Southampton." I'm old enough to remember all of these. Well, except for "Shenanigans," which I don't remember. I will say the only one I can ever remember watching was "12 O'Clock High," and I don't think I watched it past the first commercial break, before either changing the channel or shutting the TV off.

I will add, that on one of those lists, that come out now and then, of the worst TV programs ever to be on TV, both "Me and the Chimp" and "The Pruitts of Southhampton" made the list.
Raffine

« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2010, 09:09:54 PM »

"Me and the Chimp"

Hoboy, I remember that one.

Which reminds me: anybody remember Mr. Smith, a laff-a-minute sitcom from the early 80's about a super-intellegent orangutan who become the darling of Washington, DC.?

http://www.tvacres.com/simians_orangutans_smith.htm

Come to think of it, neither do I.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2010, 07:12:23 AM »

"Me and the Chimp"

Hoboy, I remember that one.

Which reminds me: anybody remember Mr. Smith, a laff-a-minute sitcom from the early 80's about a super-intellegent orangutan who become the darling of Washington, DC.?

http://www.tvacres.com/simians_orangutans_smith.htm

Come to think of it, neither do I.

Yeah, I mentioned that one on page 4.. Surprised someone else knew about it!  I actually saw the show.. yup, pretty awful. 

And there was this one, trying to cash in on the Wayland Flowers & Madam phenom..

Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2010, 12:02:49 PM »

Here's one: Speak Up, America!

This was trying to cash in on the success of shows like Real People and That's Incredible, except that it failed because the hosts were really, really bad. Real People had some talented people in it that, while the show was insipid, they at least made it funny and somewhat satirical. That's Incredible succeeded because it had well-known celebrity hosts. Speak Up, America! had none of that. I remember as a kid tuning in and even at that age realizing how bad it was.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »

Does The Invaders count?  I love that show, and it had very few episodes.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Raffine

« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »

Funny thing about Mr. Smith: I remember the ads but don't actually remember actually watching any episode.

Which is odd, because I was 'into' primates at the time and even toyed with majoring in primatology at Emory's Yerkes Institute.

The realization I would be injecting monkeys with nasty diseases and watching 'em fizz  rather than spending all day petting them, feeding them bananas, and teaching them sign language kinda turned me off of the dea.  Thumbdown

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »

Steven Segal's twin little sisters had a mildly entertaining show for a minute in the 80's. Of course, as an adolescent growing up in this time, the only reason to watch this was due to the fact that they were hot.

"Double Trouble"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld2lyIKc-G4
Ozzymandias speaks: They weren't Steven Segal's sisters, they were sistersKaty Segal, from Married With Children and Futurama. AND YES THEY WERE HOT!  hot

One of them later was the voice of Bobby on King of the Hill.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Texdar
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »

What about the Wes Craven sitcom from 1989 called The People Next Door.   I believe it was about a cartoonist played by Jeffrey Jones that imagination would come to life or some such nonsense.  Not sure how long it lasted but it wasn't that long.

I bent my wookie!
Flu-Bird
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2010, 01:46:53 AM »

MY LIVING DOLL about a man and his robot wife RHODA,THE CHAMPIONS about these plane crash survivors that recive superhuman powers from some monks in tibet,MISFITS OF SCIENCE,THE GUNS OF WILL SONNET with WALTER BRENAN,DIRTY SALLY,
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2010, 06:35:57 PM »

I was going to mention Small Wonder, but a quick peek at Wikipedia tells me it was actually a moderate success, lasting four seasons. Still largely forgotten though.

That show actually has one bizarre memory associated with it for me. I was at my grandmother's, and Small Wonder just happened to be on TV. She had an old guy rooming at her place at the time. Nice guy, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I don't know if he was a bit senile or just not too bright, or maybe a bit of both. Anyway, he suddenly says to me "They say she's a robot, but I think she's just a regular little girl."
I don't remember even having a response to that. I just stared at him, thinking "Holy crap, is he serious?" BounceGiggle

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Unsuccessful old TV shows that have been forgotten « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.