Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:04:12 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Fox News again accused of airing misleading video « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox News again accused of airing misleading video  (Read 2803 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: November 19, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »

Fox News again accused of airing misleading video 
For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand-new book,'' adding that the images being shown were "some of the pictures just coming in to us.... The lines earlier had formed this morning."

However, the video used in the segment was from a 2008 McCain/Palin campaign rally. In response to the minor uproar that arose after clips of Jarrett's report hit the Internet, Fox senior vice-president of news Michael Clemente issued an initial statement saying, "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video..." 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts988   

...The current mishap comes on the heels of a controversy sparked last week when footage from a conservative rally held over the summer was played on "Hannity" during a segment on a more recent rally. During the clip, host Sean Hannity marveled over the large turnout for a Washington, DC protest. The Daily Show later pointed out that there seemed to be some inconsistencies with the video shown on Hannity's show, namely that the atmospheric conditions seemed to vary from shot to shot. Hannity later apologized on the air for what he called "an inadvertent mistake..."

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Javakoala
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.  --Voltaire

Sounds like Fox has the same theory about the news.
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »

Fox is not news, its an opinion show. I know people who only get their "news" from fox and its scary how uneducated, uninformed, and bat sh** crazy they are.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:53:30 AM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 08:45:34 PM »

At this point, nothing surprising me anymore about any misleading information, lies, or subliminal messages that Fox News provides.  Kind of like this:

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 07:14:28 AM »

Im a republican but I hate Fox News. It is biased insanely biased.You have to be a idiot to take Fox at face value. I remeber watching Fox when the war started and they were talking about reports that Iraq using chemical weapons on american soldiers. Also they kept talking about Syria through out the whole thing like they were allying with Iraq.
Personally I get my news from CNN best news network with the least amount of biased news.

Smells like popcorn and shame
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 08:43:06 AM »

Im a republican but I hate Fox News. It is biased insanely biased.You have to be a idiot to take Fox at face value. I remeber watching Fox when the war started and they were talking about reports that Iraq using chemical weapons on american soldiers. Also they kept talking about Syria through out the whole thing like they were allying with Iraq.
Personally I get my news from CNN best news network with the least amount of biased news.

Buggedout Thumbup

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Fox News again accused of airing misleading video « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.