Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:25 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Mis-heard lyrics in songs « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Mis-heard lyrics in songs  (Read 19517 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 24, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »

There's a line in David Bowie's song Golden Years which goes "C'mon, get up my baby..." which I always thought was "Go wallop the baby".  TeddyR

Never mind about that, how about Jimi Hendrix's classic song "Excuse Me While I Kiss This Guy" ~  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:42 PM »

As a kid, I always used to think the chorus to Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" was actually "Poppadoms Please".

My ex-fiancee always used to think Phil Lewis sang "Had my share of sh***ing girls, yeah" instead of "had my share of shady deals and girls, yeah", on L.A. Guns' "Sex Action"...Not that it made that song any sleazier or anything... TeddyR

hellbilly
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »

Sheila E. - The Belle of St. Mark

One line is:

"The woman that hurt him surely must have trouble sleeping"

I always understood:

"A woman that hurt him should have her head chopped off sleeping"

For years I thought those were quite brutal lyrics, for a rather innocent sounding dance-pop tune.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:20:03 AM by hellbilly » Logged
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 05:36:07 PM »

* Many years ago I worked with a girl who thought "Once upon a time in your wildest dreams" by the Moody Blues was "Once upon a time in your wild Irish dreams."

* I worked with another girl (at the same job as the one above) who thought the lyrics "You and me, endlessly" from the song GROOVIN' (by the Rascals) were "You and me and Leslie."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »

Just tonight the Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane" came on, and despite knowing the lyrics, I could have sworn they were saying something like "Raunchy like a hurried kid." I don't exactly know why a hurried kid would be any raunchier than a non-hurried kid, though...

And for the longest time, I thought Stevie Nicks' "Edge of 17" was about a one-winged dove, which is just sad for the poor dove. Oooh, baby, oooh, oooh.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
venomx
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »

I always thought ...

"Judy in the disguise" ... "Judy in the sky".

"Elvira" ... "I'll fire up".

Not now though, I know the correct words ... Yeah.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 10:55:55 PM »

In the song "Bad Moon Risin" by Cleerence Clearwater Revival, I use to think the line in the song "There's a bad moon on the rise" was "there's a bathroom on the right".  For their version of "Proud Mary", I had no idae what some of the lyrics really were.

Hold onto your dreams ....
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 05:32:20 AM »

I used to think Kim Carnes said "All the boys think she's a spazz, she's got Bette Davis Eyes".  I've known a lot of hyperactive girls, so it made perfect sense to me.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 06:03:31 AM »

* Many years ago I worked with a girl who thought "Once upon a time in your wildest dreams" by the Moody Blues was "Once upon a time in your wild Irish dreams."

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

The Moody Blues have always been my favourite group.  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 06:05:14 AM »

In the song "Bad Moon Risin" by Cleerence Clearwater Revival, I use to think the line in the song "There's a bad moon on the rise" was "there's a bathroom on the right". 

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »

In "Bilinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann (I have not heard the Springsteen version) - I heard "wrapped up like a New Shendaga runner in the night" for the line "Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"  (Always wondered what native group that might be...and why they wrap up to run?)

In "Santa Maria" by Trooper: I still hear "cruisin on a soggy boat" in place of "cruisin on a sardine boat" - I like my version better!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 09:05:11 AM »

In "Bilinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann (I have not heard the Springsteen version) - I heard "wrapped up like a New Shendaga runner in the night" for the line "Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"  (Always wondered what native group that might be...and why they wrap up to run?)

BounceGiggle

Seeing as how Manfred Mann is actually Manfred Lebowitz from Sydenham, Johannesburg, that native group could be even members of my own family.  TeddyR

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »

In A Big Country by Big Country I always sing the line "I wouldn't expect to grow flowers in the desert"..."I wouldn't expect to go crawling through the desert".

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 10:16:02 AM »

In "Santa Maria" by Trooper: I still hear "cruisin on a soggy boat" in place of "cruisin on a sardine boat" - I like my version better!

Actually, I thought the same thing until just now, when I read that. TeddyR

Surprised Toto's Africa hasn't made it into the thread yet. I always could have sworn it went "There's nothing that a hundred men on Mars could ever do." I once told this to my friend, and he said he always thought it was "a hundred men on board." Knowing the actual words, "a hundred men or more" makes much more sense.

The same friend once sang a few bars of Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald that involved a Mexican with a gun. Question I have no idea how he came up with that, and when I told him the song was about a shipwreck in the 1970s, neither did he.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 11:25:11 AM »

Silly! Everybody knows it's really "wrapped up like a douche"!  Twirling BounceGiggle TeddyR

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Mis-heard lyrics in songs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.